Zoom Poker At Poker Stars

Zoom Poker at Poker Stars is now being played for Real Money in a Beta version.Right now only micro limit NL Holdem is being offered but there are thousands of players in the games currently.Has anybody tried it yet ?http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/zoom/
Its OK...I personally dont like it. There is the option to "fast fold" which instantly puts you onto a new table with a new hand. I find too many people "fast folding" until they have a premium hand. And since it takes all of five seconds to fast fold and get another hand it does not take long to catch what you want. To anyone who is curious, give it a try see what you think. Its only micro-limits...right?

I've had a go, thought it was pretty good. I never played Rush on Full Tilt so can't compare. The Fast Fold option is likely to appeal to rocks who only play premium hands. I also tried 4 tabling holdem. Since there are no breaks inbetween hands its goes a bit faster than is within my range!

Right now it's only up to 10NL.I'm tempted but I think I'll wait till HEM supports it and they role out 25NL.

Its OK...I personally dont like it. There is the option to "fast fold" which instantly puts you onto a new table with a new hand. I find too many people "fast folding" until they have a premium hand. And since it takes all of five seconds to fast fold and get another hand it does not take long to catch what you want. To anyone who is curious, give it a try see what you think. Its only micro-limits...right?
This should result in you printing money.
  • 3 weeks later...
PokerStars Considering Zoom-Only Tables at High StakesWill be an interesting experiment if Stars decides to go this route. As it is now the high stakes regulars never play against each other without at least one "fishy" player at the table and this would force them to play against each other more often to get a shot at the weaker players.The extreme table selecting that is done while a smart decision for the individual players is horrible for the health of the games overall.
PokerStars Considering Zoom-Only Tables at High StakesWill be an interesting experiment if Stars decides to go this route. As it is now the high stakes regulars never play against each other without at least one "fishy" player at the table and this would force them to play against each other more often to get a shot at the weaker players.The extreme table selecting that is done while a smart decision for the individual players is horrible for the health of the games overall.
I'd absolutely support the idea completely as it will destroy the bumhunting culture we now see in the higher stakes amongst the nitty, cancerous players who look to fleece the fish with various angle shooting tactics.
I'd absolutely support the idea completely as it will destroy the bumhunting culture we now see in the higher stakes amongst the nitty, cancerous players who look to fleece the fish with various angle shooting tactics.
It would also destroy the idea of come and watch the top players play if it is zoom only.
It would also destroy the idea of come and watch the top players play if it is zoom only.
I'm sure they would come out with a work around for the high limit tables to allow railbirds to watch.
No it wouldn't,it would destroy PTR's ability to data mine stats for illegal purposes, but there is a way to make it railable
No it wouldn't,it would destroy PTR's ability to data mine stats for illegal purposes, but there is a way to make it railable
Basically just have you follow whatever player you're watching, and not see any other screenname, right?That's not difficult on a programming standpoint.The problem would be allowing that only for pros and not random players, so that you can't datamine people who play your levels when they're in zoom poker.
This is FTP's rush poker with a different name, right? Thanks, I'll pass.
Eating my words here. Tried it for a couple hundred of hands and so far the experience has been positive. Hopefully it continues like this.
  • 2 weeks later...

anyone got some tips for me in this hell called zoom?, just cant get any hands, not even pair it up in the flop, if i try to bluff they just quickly calls it and all... help much needed indeed

anyone got some tips for me in this hell called zoom?, just cant get any hands, not even pair it up in the flop, if i try to bluff they just quickly calls it and all... help much needed indeed
I've been trying the two end members of play, agro and rock. both have a place here but being able to fold hands quickly lets you see far more than normal so tightening the opening range is easy and not as detectable. I'm going to have to make more notes on the players as my HUD won't work.

The enoying part is when someone plays 44 aggressive like hell and hits the 4 on the turn or the river making my AK pair useless... got monsterhand AKs and get 2 on the flop, and ****ing hell i cant get the last one ever... my luck runs out

This is just from my experience, but it might be useful for some. I've played some hands in zoom and in my limited experience I find bluffing useless because a) you don't know your opponent and b) everyone is sitting on monsters. KQ, QJ have very little value and anything

Yes, i though about playing the low suited connectors too, but most of the time, when i go low, high cards come and when i get my AKs everything else shows up, just lost big, all in preflop, well he all in, just 1/3 of my stack.. he had 67o, and i KK that lucky ass got 89xx5.. fml i say^^, but i found out that i want to play post flop, and in everygame people raise, so i just play passive, if i hit, i play hard and if it fails i just lost 4BB, and it have worked so far.Bluffing in this game is somehow pointless, every raise have a caller and if i have nothing i will lose alot since they call with pair of 6 on a 236TQ for example.And i'm starting to think about skipping the flush draw, because i havent got many yet and ive played 1k hands this session, mabye got 1 or 2 -.- i have AK spades and 1s2s3c4d5h always happens to me and i feel like i have to call til the river in case one hits.Any thoughs on this playstyle?

Governator i have to give you cred, that style you played is perfect, i had 89, bord came 106A 7 A and i knew directly that he had 3A he wasnt gonna fold, so i just went all in, instant call :club: thanks alot!

Yes, i though about playing the low suited connectors too, but most of the time, when i go low, high cards come and when i get my AKs everything else shows up, just lost big, all in preflop, well he all in, just 1/3 of my stack.. he had 67o, and i KK that lucky ass got 89xx5.. fml i say^^, but i found out that i want to play post flop, and in everygame people raise, so i just play passive, if i hit, i play hard and if it fails i just lost 4BB, and it have worked so far.Bluffing in this game is somehow pointless, every raise have a caller and if i have nothing i will lose alot since they call with pair of 6 on a 236TQ for example.And i'm starting to think about skipping the flush draw, because i havent got many yet and ive played 1k hands this session, mabye got 1 or 2 -.- i have AK spades and 1s2s3c4d5h always happens to me and i feel like i have to call til the river in case one hits.Any thoughs on this playstyle?
I'm not sure of your level of play, but you still can't ignore pot odds. There are times when hanging around makes sense and other times when it doesn't. If you think you're behind and know your opponent has hit his card, you should at least know your outs and learn the 4x2 rule for quick odds math. It'll help you decide if its worth continuing with the hand or not. Whether you are playing NL Zoom poker or limit holdem, you still need to make logical decisions when it comes to card chasing and applying some math helps.
Governator i have to give you cred, that style you played is perfect, i had 89, bord came 106A 7 A and i knew directly that he had 3A he wasnt gonna fold, so i just went all in, instant call :club: thanks alot!
Glad it's worked for you, keep at it :ts