Chicago Bulls Thread

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what to think about this team this season. We had a terribly disappointing season last year, but we still have some of the best young players in the league.We are overcrowded at the guards, and most people thought they would try to make a move, but nothing has happened, yet. Our main concern going into this season is our low-post scoring (again). I like Drew Gooden, and I think he's better than what we have had, but I also don't think he's the answer. Thomas has all the potential in the world, but he's never developed anything good around the basket.I think it will be a slightly better year for the Bulls, and will leave Bulls fans with a positive outlook at the future.36-46, 9th in the East.

I did hear Aaron Grey lost 25lbs in the off-season. 2nd coming of some good white 7 footer one time! (Joking sorta, but would be nice if he learned how to move his feet.)

I did hear Aaron Grey lost 25lbs in the off-season. 2nd coming of some good white 7 footer one time! (Joking sorta, but would be nice if he learned how to move his feet.)
Aaron Gray is probably the most polished low-post player on the team, and that's not just due to there being nobody good, he is actually talented. The problem is he's a fat white guy.

Raptors could probably use another guard. If both teams struggle I could see a trade before the end of the calendar year. Maybe Jamario Moon for somebody who can double for PG and SG from the Bulls.

Raptors could probably use another guard. If both teams struggle I could see a trade before the end of the calendar year. Maybe Jamario Moon for somebody who can double for PG and SG from the Bulls.
I don't see us taking Jamario Moon, unless somehow you package him with Bosh (which won't ever happen).
Aaron Gray is probably the most polished low-post player on the team, and that's not just due to there being nobody good, he is actually talented. The problem is he's a fat white guy.
Jesus Christ, are these our bright spots?The Derrick Rose...hey hey hey hey....
you are in for a rude awakening, as a pacers fan i know first hand how soft jermaine is
  • 2 weeks later...
If only to unclog things.
Right, and to hopefully dispel any thought of having our starting back court being Hinrich and Hughes which a lot of people thought it would be. I just want to make sure Rose gets adequate playing time, because if there is one thing the Bulls have hopefully learned is that you don't develop talent by having it sit on the bench :cough:tythomas:cough:.

Weird, suddenly the backcourt is really thin. Hughes, out. Rose, out. Gordon, out. What did that leave us with last night? Thabo running the point when Hinrich was resting. Let's just say that was really, really friggin ugly. Though I agree with you all that Hughes going down is probably a good thing.

Weird, suddenly the backcourt is really thin. Hughes, out. Rose, out. Gordon, out. What did that leave us with last night? Thabo running the point when Hinrich was resting. Let's just say that was really, really friggin ugly. Though I agree with you all that Hughes going down is probably a good thing.
Thabo has looked fucking terrible so far.

This is going to be a long year methinks. Hughes sucks. Gooden is servicable. Thabo sucks. We've seen the ceilings of Gordon, Hinrich, Deng, and Nocioni. They're all 6th to 7th men, besides maybe Deng who could make a nice 3rd-4th option on a winning team. 30 wins sound about right?

This is going to be a long year methinks. Hughes sucks. Gooden is servicable. Thabo sucks. We've seen the ceilings of Gordon, Hinrich, Deng, and Nocioni. They're all 6th to 7th men, besides maybe Deng who could make a nice 3rd-4th option on a winning team. 30 wins sound about right?
There will certainly be some growing pains, but I think they'll win more than 30 games. I predicted 36 earlier in this thread, and I stand by that (bold, I know).A starting lineup of Rose, Hinrich, Deng, Gooden, and Noah with Noc, Ty, Thabo, and Hughes off the bench will win at least 36.

The reported starting lineup for tonight:G- Derrick RoseG- Thabo SefoloshaF- Luol DengF- Tyrus ThomasC- Drew GoodenWhy is Thabo starting? Only thing I can think of is having Thabo start the halves until BG comes off the bench, because he apparently can't play well otherwise. Noah better be the first big off the bench, too. If I see Gooden/Thomas come out for Grey I'm going to start firevinny.com.

The reported starting lineup for tonight:G- Derrick RoseG- Thabo SefoloshaF- Luol DengF- Tyrus ThomasC- Drew GoodenWhy is Thabo starting? Only thing I can think of is having Thabo start the halves until BG comes off the bench, because he apparently can't play well otherwise. Noah better be the first big off the bench, too. If I see Gooden/Thomas come out for Grey I'm going to start firevinny.com.
Judging by the box score, my thoughts about Thabo were correct.All I have is the box score to judge this game but from what I see; I'm happy.
Hinrich is going to come off the bench, huh?
I still don't know. Thabo was terrible in the preseason and frankly, he has never been all that good in his career. Hopefully, Vinny will realize this. Ideally, I would have a starting backcourt of Rose and Hinrich with Gordon getting significant minutes off the bench, but we'll see.
I still don't know. Thabo was terrible in the preseason and frankly, he has never been all that good in his career. Hopefully, Vinny will realize this. Ideally, I would have a starting backcourt of Rose and Hinrich with Gordon getting significant minutes off the bench, but we'll see.
Granted I haven't watched them this year, or very much last year, but I would agree that's their best option in the backcourt. It seems like to me they have a lot of expensive dead weight.