scariest card falls on the turn...

Guest Zach6668

Guest Zach6668

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K:club:, Q:heart:. MP3 posts a blind of $1. CO posts a blind of $1. 1 fold, BB calls.Flop: (7.50 SB) J:club:, 7:spade:, K:spade: (3 players)BB checks, Hero bets, MP3 folds, BB calls.Turn: (4.75 BB) A:spade: (2 players)BB checks, Hero bets, Hero ??Good time for a bet/fold?Anyone take another line?Thanks.Zach

I like bet/folding. the pot is offering 7 to 1, and we could be dominated or behind. I like two Kings and 3 tens as outs,. Still not enough to call down. We probably can't even raise a non spade Ten on the river.

The way you played it is fine, however, you may be inclined to check the turn and pick off bluffs on the river in certain situations. Checking the turn is good against tricky players who will make plays for pots. If you feel this player can make a play with somethng like QJ with a spade, then checking is fine here.All in all though at 2/4, just play it straight forward and bet this turn. A typical player will not raise here without having you beat. So, bet/fold looks good in this particular situation and will be the best play most of the time as well.

checking behind is better then bet folding.A ton of hands are raising this turn that we have outs against and its a great scare card to semi bluff.
I really doubt many players at 2/4 are sophisticated enough to make a semi-bluff at the pot when an Ace comes on the turn. Against a typical opponent at this level, you'll find out whether your behind or not on the turn by betting.
Bet/folding is good.What do you do if it's a red A?
A non-flush ace, I think I'd be inclined to bet/call with 5ish outs?
I think you have a few more outs than that, but ok.Do you think checking may be better if an ace hits?If you bet/call, what do you do on the river if you don't improve?
checking behind is better then bet folding.A ton of hands are raising this turn that we have outs against and its a great scare card to semi bluff.
I really doubt many players at 2/4 are sophisticated enough to make a semi-bluff at the pot when an Ace comes on the turn. Against a typical opponent at this level, you'll find out whether your behind or not on the turn by betting.
But how behind?Ax might checkraise the turn but we have 7-9 outs on Ax.I'd be much more inclined to take the free card with our gutshot and 2 pair / trips draws.
But how behind?Ax might checkraise the turn but we have 7-9 outs on Ax.I'd be much more inclined to take the free card with our gutshot and 2 pair / trips draws.
Our hand is very vulnerable on this board, I wouldn't mind dumping it if played back at to be honest against most opponents. Sometimes, I may fold the best hand or have odds to call that turn raise, but more often than not if your check/raised your beat here and very often way behind or drawing dead.However on the flip side, if we check and let something like 67, that would suck. First of all, we let them get there for free and they may have folded and given us the pot if we bet the turn, but even if they hadn't folded, we would have gotten in the ideal situation of putting money in the pot with the best of it.As I said before, checking may be a good option against tricky opponent, but against an unknown, it's better to bet in this spot.