Saw it yesterday in 3d. Didn't really care for the 3d for most of it, only really enhanced a few scenes, and I thought it detracted from some of the faster scenes, where the frame rate just couldn't keep up.Aside from that, I enjoyed it. I hadn't seen Thor or Captain America at all, and only parts of the first Hulk, but they got everyone a good amount of screen time, and the script was pretty funny.

i can't imagine that I'll ever see this movie. i don't even think the new batman looks good.

It's sad to me that brv doesn't like fun.I liked this movie a lot more than any of the other movies with these characters. I laughed pretty hard and the action scenes were entertaining. Perfect summer popcorn movie.The Hulk was the best. I'm one of the few people who actually liked previous Hulk movies, but I thought this particular Bruce Banner was great. I want to know more about

his secret that "he's always angry." I assume this just means that he can control when he turns into "the other guy." But once he turns he has less control I assume?

Regardless, I loved every second he was on the screen.Edit: Oh hey, check out that spoiler function.

i liked it a lot, i was a little lost as to the motivation of loki and his back story with his brah brah thor, cause i didn't see that one, but i think i got the jist of it.RDJR killed it, as he always does.

My main thing, is that I want the movie to be as realistic as possible within the world created. So I'm fine with Lord of the Rings, because the world they set up has magic, etc. Nolan did such a great job with the first two Batman's... I mean... SUCH a good job, that it seemed highly plausible (with the slight exception being the last +/-20 mintues of Batman Begins) that all of that could happen in our world. It's supposed to have that feel, I think. This 3rd Batman movie though, seems to be wandering a little far into the "comic" world and is possibly no longer realistic. If that ends up being the case, I'm going to be really sad. The trailer has me REALLY worried. (however, I will definitely see it.)My "problem" with The Avengers is that I just generally don't like comic book movies. They need to be really different for me to really like them. Other than the first two Nolan Batman's, the only other comic books movies that I've loved have been Unbreakable and Sin City. It's possible I would still like the Michael Keaton Batman, since I really liked it 20 years ago, but I haven't seen it since.

Can we add an eyeroll or grumble button next to the "like" button?

Dear Friends,Well, it's been quite a weekend. Someday, long from now, I will even have an emotional reaction to it, like a person would. I can't wait! But before I become blinded by this "emotion" experience, there's a few things I'd like to say. Well, type.People have told me that this matters, that my life is about to change. I am sure that is true. And change is good -- change is exciting. I think -- not to jinx it -- that I may finally be recognized at Comiccon. Imagine! Also, with my percentage of "the Avengers" gross, I can afford to buy... [gets call from agent. Weeps manfully. Resumes typing.] ...a fine meal. But REALLY fine, with truffles and s#!+. And I can get a studio to finance my dream project, the reboot of "Air Bud" that we all feel is so long overdue. (He could play Jai Alai! Think of the emotional ramifications of JAI ALAI!!!!)What doesn't change is anything that matters. What doesn't change is that I've had the smartest, most loyal, most passionate, most articulate group of -- I'm not even gonna say fans. I'm going with "peeps" -- that any cult oddity such as my bad self could have dreamt of. When almost no one was watching, when people probably should have STOPPED watching, I've had three constants: my family and friends, my collaborators (often the same), and y'all. A lot of stories have come out about my "dark years", and how I'm "unrecognized"... I love these stories, because they make me seem super-important, but I have never felt the darkness (and I'm ALL about my darkness) that they described. Because I have so much. I have people, in my life, on this site, in places I've yet to discover, that always made me feel the truth of success: an artist and an audience communicating. Communicating to the point of collaborating. I've thought, "maybe I'm over; maybe I've said my piece". But never with fear. Never with rancor. Because of y'all. Because you knew me when. If you think topping a box office record compares with someone telling you your work helped them through a rough time, you're probably new here. (For the record, and despite my inhuman distance from the joy-joy of it: topping a box office record is super-dope. I'm an alien, not a robot.) So this is me, saying thank you. All of you. You've taken as much guff for loving my work as I have for over-writing it, and you deserve, in this our time of streaming into the main, to crow. To glow. To crow and go "I told you so", to those Joe Blows not in the know. (LAST time I hire Dr. Seuss to punch my posts up. Yeesh!) Point being, you deserve some honor, AND you deserves some FAQs answered. So please welcome my old friend and certainly not-on-my-payroll reporter/flunky, Rutherford D. Actualperson! -Joss WhedonQ & A at link: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=59425

I saw the movie and thought it was goodish (actually, I couldn't get over how short Robert Downey, Jr. looks. The drugs, they have made him as short as Judy Garland!)But the Whedon letter? He's a third generation tv writer. People always knew who he was, he started off half way to established.I'm a big Buffy fan, and will always be a little curious about what he's doing--but let's take a breath, Joss. You're not some ultimate outsider.

The Hulk was the best. I'm one of the few people who actually liked previous Hulk movies, but I thought this particular Bruce Banner was great. I want to know more about

his secret that "he's always angry." I assume this just means that he can control when he turns into "the other guy." But once he turns he has less control I assume?

The movie had a surprising amount of laughs.

From what I've read of theories, the most plausible idea is that he has more control when he turns on purpose...and can direct it better. When he turns against his will, it's just directed at the nearest provocation.

The movie had a surprising amount of laughs.

From what I've read of theories, the most plausible idea is that he has more control when he turns on purpose...and can direct it better. When he turns against his will, it's just directed at the nearest provocation.

That actually makes a lot of sense. Don't know if that's how it is in the comics, but I think it's smart to do it that way.

Brvy, do you like cartoons, animation? I'm asking because I don't watch them AT ALL, mainly for your reason. It's just not real and I don't enjoy watching them onscreen. But I can suspend reality and watch this movie, or Thor, or Captain America. I don't love them but like DJJJVu wrote, it's a good time killerThis movie made me laugh really hard at least two or three times. I found that I didn't actually care too much about the characters though, especially outside of Downey and Ruffalo

Brvy, do you like cartoons, animation? I'm asking because I don't watch them AT ALL, mainly for your reason. It's just not real and I don't enjoy watching them onscreen.
Yeah, I like animation, because the world is presented that way. It's very similar to Lord of the Rings to me.

I liked it a lot. I liked Thor and The Hulk a lot, disliked Captain America (I didn't like his movie either), and Robert Downey Jr. was awesome, of course. I can never get enough of Scarlett, and Jeremy Renner is becoming one of my favourite actors, though he wasn't used much in this.Like others have said, it was surprisingly funny, though I could have done without a few of the 'cheap' laughs involving the Hulk. Those seemed to be audience favourites in my screening though.

Like others have said, it was surprisingly funny, though I could have done without a few of the 'cheap' laughs involving the Hulk. Those seemed to be audience favourites in my screening though.

When the Hulk punched Thor for seemingly no reason, I laughed pretty hard. And when he threw Loki around like a rag doll. Yeah, I laughed a lot at that stuff.

Brv, why do you think comic book movies are presented realistically? Just because they have actual people in them?

When the Hulk punched Thor for seemingly no reason, I laughed pretty hard. And when he threw Loki around like a rag doll. Yeah, I laughed a lot at that stuff.

Brv, why do you think comic book movies are presented realistically? Just because they have actual people in them?

I'm assuming you meant unrealistically here, but to answer your question. I didn't say they were presented realistically or unrealistically. I'm just saying that I tend to not enjoy comic book movies. Sin City isn't realistic, but I love that movie because it flows well within the world that it creates. I'm probably not explaining my thoughts on this well. Sorry.
I'm assuming you meant unrealistically here, but to answer your question. I didn't say they were presented realistically or unrealistically. I'm just saying that I tend to not enjoy comic book movies. Sin City isn't realistic, but I love that movie because it flows well within the world that it creates. I'm probably not explaining my thoughts on this well. Sorry.
My main thing, is that I want the movie to be as realistic as possible within the world created. So I'm fine with Lord of the Rings, because the world they set up has magic, etc. Nolan did such a great job with the first two Batman's... I mean... SUCH a good job, that it seemed highly plausible (with the slight exception being the last +/-20 mintues of Batman Begins) that all of that could happen in our world. It's supposed to have that feel, I think.
I agree that Nolan's Batman movies are supposed to feel like our world. I don't think that's what most comic book movies are going for though.I mean, I totally agree with your premise; movies need to stay true to the world they create. I just think that some of these comic book movies do that.
I mean, I totally agree with your premise; movies need to stay true to the world they create. I just think that some of these comic book movies do that.
Oh yeah. I totally agree. I'm sure The Avengers does that. However, I'm not saying that IF they stay within that world that I'll automatically like them, in fact, often with comic book movies I still heavily dislike them.I'm just saying that if they don't stay within that world, then it's a deal-breaker for me and impossible for me to like them.That's why I'm so nervous about the new Batman movie. Like you said, Nolan has set it up for 'real' world, and so if it switches to 'that's not possible' territory, there is going to be no way that I'll be able to enjoy it.

I saw it this weekend and thought it was great. Since I hadn't seen all the separate movies, I liked how they took the time to explain them without going into too much depth. And the humor was very natural, not forced at all. I'd definitely recommend it.. It's not Shakespeare, but it's lots of fun.One thing I did think is how usually at action movies you have to lower your expectations and just ignore the stupid parts. When I came out of this one nothing struck me immediately as really stupid. Then I thought about it for a day

and realized the entire plot of the movie was: 1. bad guy steals machine to take over the world. 2. superheroes gather to save the world.3. superheroes find themselves helpless against the invasion. 4. a minor character says "oh, here's the off swtich" and saves the world. Oh, so we didn't need these guys at all? We could've just conked the scientist guy on the head?

Despite that, I'd still recommend it, and will probably watch it again as a rental.

I don't watch animation and generally am indifferent about comic book movies, some are entertaining, some aren't, but I was so shocked when I watched Sin City. I was amazed that I loved it. Carla Guigino's lovely cans and ass didn't hurt, but that wasn't it.