Official 2008 Negreanu Open Thread!

THE 2008 NEGREANU OPEN SEASON IS HERE!!!!!! YIPPPEEEEE!!!!We are all set up and ready to begin the 2008 Season of the Negreanu Open.Hello, I am your host Alan and will be taking you through the details here ......The tournaments will always be listed on Pokerstars under Tourneys/Private. You may have to uncheck the upcoming/registering only button to see them, but they should be listed in Blue for every Tuesday and Wednesday as "Negreanu Open (Name of Game)" for Tuesdays and "Negreanu Open $11 NL HoldEm" for Wednesdays.Registration will begin 24 hours before the start of each tournament and the PASSWORD WILL ALWAYS BE "fcpfcp".Daniel may play in some of these as he has time, but he will not be guaranteed to play every week obviously.I will continue to keep two leaderboards for both the Tuesday night Mixed League and Wednesday night NL Hold'Em at the same website: http://www.negreanuopen.comThe website is being moved to new FCP servers as we speak so it may not currently be available for everyone as it is still propagating. The website will be updated by the end of this weekend with the 2008 information.Everything will be exactly the same as the 4th quarter 2007 Open for Wednesday nights. All NLHE all the time! The first week of the Wednesday 1st quarter will be Wednesday January 9th, 2008.After talking a poll and forum community feedback there are a few changes to the Tuesday night games. Every OTHER week will be H.O.R.S.E. and the weeks in between will rotate between different mixed games. The Tuesday night schedule looks like this:

• January 8th - Razz
  • January 15th - H.O.R.S.E.
  • January 22nd - PL Omaha
  • January 29th - H.O.R.S.E.
  • February 5th - Limit 2-7 Triple Draw
  • February 12th - H.O.R.S.E.
  • February 19th - Limit Omaha 8
  • February 26th - H.O.R.S.E.
  • March 4th - Stud 8
  • March 11th - H.O.R.S.E.
  • March 18th - Limit Hold Em
  • March 25th - H.O.R.S.E.

The first mixed league game is Tuesday January 8th and will be Razz!The games are still at the same time 21:00 (9 pm est). They are still $10+$1 buyin tournaments. The structure of these games are still the same fantastic structure you have been used to with extended blinds and deepstack (3000 chips instead of 1500).The top 3 quarterly points winners for both the Tuesday and Wednesday leaderboards will receive a new FCP Chipset! The 4th - 9th place winners for both the Tuesday and Wednesday games will receive their choice of either a FCP Hat or FCP T-Shirt! We will have the same Grand Prize again this year for the Tournament of Champions winner which is a 1 hour phone consultation with Daniel to talk about whatever poker strategy you like! The top 9 from each quarter (both Tuesday and Wednesday nights will have seperate main event prizes) will advance to the year end Tournament of Champions. The first place winner of that tournament will be crowned the 2008 Negreanu Open Champion for the year and will receive the main prize.The 2007 Negreanu Open Tournament of Champions will be held on Wednesday February 6th for the NLHE TOC and Tuesday February 12th for the HORSE TOC. I will be messaging or emailing the participants attending this tournament all of the details within the coming week or two.If there are any other questions please feel free to post them here.Alandna4ever

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be playing in a lot of these...Bad news for the other participants..I am guaranteeing a top 5 finish....

Hope Daniel shows up for Wensday game!Haven't played much at Poker Stars latley, but for the chance to play against him I'm here.I'm Softy_com at Poker Stars.Been playing poker for many years, was very active in Reno in 1999 - 2001. Lots of tourneys and NL ring games at the Eldorodo. Got a 2nd in a Pot Limit tourney and 3rd in stud same week.Played against Phil "the brat", TJ, Amarillo slim, Phil's dad even played in 2000 "Pot of Gold" tourneys at the Hilton.Well good luck all, missed yesterdays HORSE game but look forward to playing in the rest of them.

Are Tuesday and Wed nights different leader boards or is it just one leaderboard?
different leaderboards, you can access both from the main page
hi, what are the chances of daniel playing? if any...
Chances of Daniel playing are always 50/50. He either does or he doesn't.He played either one or two of the last quarter tourneys so you should assume that he won't play and when he does it'll be like Christmas :club:
Chances of Daniel playing are always 50/50. He either does or he doesn't.He played either one or two of the last quarter tourneys so you should assume that he won't play and when he does it'll be like Christmas :club:
Are you saying, if he does play, it won't be until Christmas time???Ok, then Bob, what are the chances we can get you in the mix? I think everyone likes a little Bob Bounty too.
Are you saying, if he does play, it won't be until Christmas time???Ok, then Bob, what are the chances we can get you in the mix? I think everyone likes a little Bob Bounty too.
I second this. I stall/sit out of the LHE sections, anyways. :club:
is daniel playing tonight?
in have been waiting to play horse.