Quiz Question #19

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Poll: Omaha H/L (292 member(s) have cast votes)

What Would You do?

1. Call (24 votes [8.22%])

Percentage of vote: 8.22%

2. Fold (235 votes [80.48%])

Percentage of vote: 80.48%

3. Cap It (33 votes [11.30%])

Percentage of vote: 11.30%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Steelfingers

Steelfingers

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 11:08 AM

Hi there,You cant fold such a hands at this point.The pot is already too large.Prepare to die for it by raising/caping it.You cant assume or fear flush and straights on every corner.you have a Good hand (may be second best or third)large potMake a stand and represent the nuts while your still on the come.Your opponents fear tooCAP IT on cash gameThis might be THE pot of a night dont pass it and fera the worst only becauseyour opponents bet strongly.Who could be in this hand ?CAP it with the likes of Sammy Farha or Gus hansenOn tournament ...a fold if you're living large but a cap if you're low on chipsFolding here will be terrible imho.TOP/SSHE/HPFAP have many exemples related on river play.Even if we're still on the flop the pot is TOO large gentlemenI'am ready to go broke here.

#62 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,899 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 07:39 PM

View PostSteelfingers, on Sunday, July 23rd, 2006, 3:08 PM, said:

Folding here will be terrible imho.
Terrible eh? Do you know how to play omaha hi/lo at all?

#63 tcraig

tcraig

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 02:12 PM

CAP IT unless your skeeered you sets no good lol,lol really lets gamble.

#64 Spence

Spence

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 06:33 PM

Seems like an easy fold to me. Drawing to one out isn't a good thing.
QUOTE(Ron_Mexico)
Anyway, she did mention that he had a huge penis and it didn't fit into her the first time. I was jealous. I was sure it woulda fit into me.

#65 IMDaBeav

IMDaBeav

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 08:52 AM

If I'm big stack I push the table around a bit and cap it, see what happens . . . I'm just kidding fold!
"I just got bitch slapped by John." ~Whiskey, after getting a drink for his master at the VooDoo lounge

#66 ....Ian....

....Ian....

'The fuck you jus call me bish?

• Members
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 06:39 PM

some people call it a set, i call it a quad draw, NEVER FOLD a quad draw
Worm: "I was brutally sodomized on a regular basis."

FT sn: breauxdle

#67 Scott3705

Scott3705

Pay-Off Wizard

• Members
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 01:13 PM

did he ever post an answer to this? i couldnt find one in the search.

#68 Swift_Psycho

Swift_Psycho

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,899 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 03:11 PM

View PostScott3705, on Monday, July 31st, 2006, 5:13 PM, said:

did he ever post an answer to this? i couldnt find one in the search.
Nope, we're all still waiting.

#69 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,375 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 05 August 2006 - 12:12 AM

And Waiting
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

The government was set to protect man from criminals - and the Constitution was written to protect man from the government. - Ayn Rand

#70 Ramram84

Ramram84

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:limit holdem

Posted 07 August 2006 - 03:32 PM

Although fold is still a decent option here, I'm surprised that noone has tried to defend calling or raising as an option here.Everyone is looking at our hand and saying, oh, its beat. There are only 3 HANDS that can be beating us right now. AA, KK, J 10, of which, only AA and KK kill our draw. So what are the odds that someone holds one of these 3 hands?AA or KK don't seem too likely with exception of maybe the big blind who made it two bets to go. There was not alot of raising pre-flop which would indicate that those two hands probaby don't exist. Another indication is that there is alot of betting on the flop. I would suspect that alot of players have made a pair as well as a flush draw. J 10 is the real hand to be worried about. So how likely is it that someone played with J 10 considering that we know that 1 A, 1 K, 3 Q's, 1 10, and 1 9 are not in their hand. Thats alot of cards that are needed to make J 10 a worth while calling hand. So would it be too bold to say that maybe we are ahead at this point in the hand?I think that folding does not make any sense. My choice would be simply to call. By calling and not capping it, I leave room for the big blind to make a raise which would tell me whether or not he/she holds the dreaded AA or KK. If the big blind continues to play this hand, I would seriously consider getting out unless I catch my straight or 1 outer. For anybody out there who doesnt want to play because of the flush draw I have this to say. I suspect that alot of players are holding that draw, what are the odds that it is even going to come?My two senseI will admit that after first seeing the hand posted I immediately voted for fold, but after carefully looking at the hand, I have changed my mind.

#71 Stylin_Fish

Stylin_Fish

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,035 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 11:42 PM

I don't play poker and never played OM H/L but it's an obvious fold. You're drawing dead.
IPB Image

#72 canadapoker5

canadapoker5

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hold`em

Posted 13 August 2006 - 03:30 PM

Fold.

#73 FC2000

FC2000

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 10:23 PM

I fold...bottom set against flush draws, only a J gives me a straight, no backdoor draws (hi or low)...I'm out.

#74 joeythep

joeythep

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Poker (duh) Playing Guitar, Reading...Not Working

Posted 17 August 2006 - 02:47 PM

Well...the question asks what "I" would do, so...I'm capping it. But that's because I suck at poker, and want to give all my money away. Wait a minute? How did I even SNIFF a seat at the big game? This is crazy, I quit.

#75 Billy

Billy

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:41 AM

I would call and try to keep the pot as small as possible on the later streets hoping to fill up. If someone has the bigger set then so be it but I'm not getting out just yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users