Questions For Christians

Why must someone accept Jesus in order to go to Heaven? In a world where humans lie and sin is there something wrong with wanting proof of his existence through God or Jesus himself? If Jesus came to Earth to prove the existence of God why won't he come down again to help the nonbelievers believe?

Why must someone accept Jesus in order to go to Heaven? In a world where humans lie and sin is there something wrong with wanting proof of his existence through God or Jesus himself? If Jesus came to Earth to prove the existence of God why won't he come down again to help the nonbelievers believe?
Hmm... I'm not sure any answer will satisfy you.You would have to first believe that Jesus was the messiah to believe any of the rules he spoke of are worthy of you following.Did that make sense? I mean ... if you don't believe Jesus was the son of God...or the true Messiah... then anything he said wouldn't be anything you would accept as a valid rule. If you do believe.... then the fact that Jesus said so... would be the answer.I'm not really sure how to answer that question, I guess. Because Jesus said so, I guess. The second part of your question...about Him coming again.... Christians do believe he will come again. When? Who knows.I think most thought it would have happened a long time ago to be honest. I mean... it has been a few thousand years. Probably for the first 50 or so... people really thought it was going to happen soon. Like tomorrow. Then when it didn't... maybe next week.Getting proof is impossible... scientifically speaking. When Jesus knew his time on Earth was going to come to an end..... he began to train his Apostles to continue teaching the Gospel. These apostles then went around training new disciples to spread the Word. I guess He thought this would be enough 'proof'. I really don't know how to make someone believe.Crow and a couple others here are extremely educated in world religions and are more scientifically minded than I am... so I guess if you are looking for proof... scientific proof... ask them. (Even though Crow isn't a Christian.... I think he atleast accepts that there was a man named Jesus who did actually live and claim to be the messiah. I could be wrong....)
  • 3 weeks later...

If you would like a FREE copy of the book Daniel has been offering in this forum, Case for Christ, just send an e-mail to: daniel@fullcontactpoker.com and I'll send one to your house totally free of charge. (Check out the pinned thread at the top of this forum)This might answer some of your questions as to what Christians believe and what the Bible says about why you have to accept Christ and His sacrificial death as the only way to Heaven.If you have any questions, you can email the above address or PM me. Would be happy to send you a copy of the book.Sandi

And if you send me a PM I'd be happy to send you a copy of Letter to a Christian Nation by Sam Harris, in which Harris "offers a measured refutation of the beliefs that form the core of fundamentalist Christianity."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I appreciate your point of view, Hollywood. The area where I feel it falls short is that it doesn't say much about the time BEFORE you actually "accept Christ". By taking your version of it, there would never be any new Christians. It's interesting how Christians say no one is born gay, but going by that same standard..... no one is born a Christian either. At some point, you have to learn that the religion even exists. Which brings about the question "Why shouldn't I need evidence to believe in this stuff?"By just saying, "Well, if you believe in Jesus, then you'll know", would mean that this generation of Christians would be the last ones.Of course, you can come back and talk about how he touches your heart and etc etc etc... I've had some emotional moments in my past, too, where the only explanation to me that made sense was that my "heart, mind, and soul was being touched" (my mother made me go to church when I was younger)... which, really, is a whole load of nonsense. Say god even did exist... and Jesus did touch your heart... if you had never heard of the Christian religion, you would have no idea what was going on.

I appreciate your point of view, Hollywood. The area where I feel it falls short is that it doesn't say much about the time BEFORE you actually "accept Christ". By taking your version of it, there would never be any new Christians. It's interesting how Christians say no one is born gay, but going by that same standard..... no one is born a Christian either. At some point, you have to learn that the religion even exists. Which brings about the question "Why shouldn't I need evidence to believe in this stuff?"By just saying, "Well, if you believe in Jesus, then you'll know", would mean that this generation of Christians would be the last ones.Of course, you can come back and talk about how he touches your heart and etc etc etc... I've had some emotional moments in my past, too, where the only explanation to me that made sense was that my "heart, mind, and soul was being touched" (my mother made me go to church when I was younger)... which, really, is a whole load of nonsense. Say god even did exist... and Jesus did touch your heart... if you had never heard of the Christian religion, you would have no idea what was going on.
True datThe apostle Paul tells us that it is our duty to spread the word so that everyone does know about Christianity. This is an area that I have openly admitted where I fail as a Christian.I think most non-religious people want religion to be an air-tight scientifically proven 100% factual thing...and it's just not.Do I take 100% of the Bible to be literal? No... not at all.I don't think you can truly convince a person to be Christian. You can convince them to go to church and say "Amen brother" but most aren't really what I would define as Christian. As a Christian... we accept that we are not perfect... and we are sinners... and we need to deal with that on a daily basis.Most atheist despise the way Christians try to "recruit" people to believe the same way we do...and to be honest... I don't like it either. I've said more thn once that I really don't care what anyone else believes. Why? Because I have a long way to go with myself before I can work on someone else.

This might not belong here but I will put her regardless...Coming out of a Wings game a couple weeks ago there was a few people walking down the street with huge signs that read. Jesus is God. What? I thought Jesus was the son of God.

This might not belong here but I will put her regardless...Coming out of a Wings game a couple weeks ago there was a few people walking down the street with huge signs that read. Jesus is God. What? I thought Jesus was the son of God.
John 10:30-33 “I and the Father are one.
This might not belong here but I will put her regardless...The chick in the Bud Light commercial set at the tailgating portion of a football game is incredibly hot.
They usually are.... Bud chicks that is.What a horrible beer too. Do you know anybody that drinks Bud? My black friends like it...but they will usually just get whats on sale.
  • 2 weeks later...
Because God clearly stated thru his WORD!!! that the only way to heaven was through Jesus. Closed book.Jesus came to save the world, not to be nuanced!!!
Because God clearly stated thru his WORD!!! that the only way to heaven was through Jesus. Closed book.Jesus came to save the world, not to be nuanced!!!
why do you have the teacher from boy meets world in your avatar?