• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the guys on ESPN radio last night was saying the lack of quality in the free agent pool is going to lead to a whole lot of trades in the offseason.If the Mets get A Rod and Santana, that would be nasty.

the espn guys on teh web site are saying the trade talk is as heavy as it's ever been at these meetings, all because there's no pitching available in free agency.I know the Jays would love to deal AJ Burnett's contract.

I cannot see that happening.
neither can IBut Im very happy the Yankees will not trade any of the young pitchingThose guys are the future of the Yanks for a long time to come and have a huge amount of potentialAs for who will play 3rd base....

the days of dealing many prospects for one established star are long gone. Ain't nobody giving two huge prospects for one star. The BoSox ain't giving Ellsbury and Bucholz or Lester for Cabrera. It's just ain't happening

I'd rather the Dodgers overpay for Arod, then trade Kemp, Loney/LaRoche, Billingsely/Kershaw for Cabrera. He probably will have to play 1b in a few years due to injury/conditioning issues, and he seemed to have some attitude problems as well. Kemp will be a beast, Loney seems like the real deal, and I'd hate to trade young pitching like Billingsely and Kershaw (highly touted lefty in minors). LaRoche didn't really impress me however, so if we could somehow package maybe him, Ethier, and some other prospects I guess I'd be ok with that.The Dodgers are close to a spring training contract with Chan Ho Park...infuritating, funny, and depressing all at the same time.

I'd rather the Dodgers overpay for Arod, then trade Kemp, Loney/LaRoche, Billingsely/Kershaw for Cabrera. He probably will have to play 1b in a few years due to injury/conditioning issues, and he seemed to have some attitude problems as well. Kemp will be a beast, Loney seems like the real deal, and I'd hate to trade young pitching like Billingsely and Kershaw (highly touted lefty in minors). LaRoche didn't really impress me however, so if we could somehow package maybe him, Ethier, and some other prospects I guess I'd be ok with that.The Dodgers are close to a spring training contract with Chan Ho Park...infuritating, funny, and depressing all at the same time.
As a Dodger fan, would you do something like Billingsley, Kemp and Elbert for Johan Santana?(copied from another thread)Also, could you ship Laroche to Boston? I heart him.
As a Dodger fan, would you do something like Billingsley, Kemp and Elbert for Johan Santana?(copied from another thread)Also, could you ship Laroche to Boston? I heart him.
Meh.I'd really be reluctant to trade Kemp in any scenario, I just think his upside is huge...I think Billingsley will only continue to get better and better as well...LaRoche could end up being good, but the only thing he proved last year is that he had a great grasp of the strike zone. Grady Little didn't want to upset his veterans though, so Nomar played way too much and LaRoche didn't really get a chance to prove himself. He hit at every level in the minors though, and he does come from good 'blood lines'. Out of our prospects/young players, I'd be most willing to move him, Ethier, Delwyn Young, Meloan, etc. I'd hate to see the Dodgers trade Kershaw, Kemp, Loney, and Billingsley. I shouldn't even have to include Martin in that list because Colletti (or is it Bernie Lomack?) couldn't be that stupid.
Meh.I'd really be reluctant to trade Kemp in any scenario, I just think his upside is huge...I think Billingsley will only continue to get better and better as well...
agreed on both, but you know this Johan Santana guy is rather good. Would need to use blue chip kids to get him. I think the Dodgers are in the best spot to get him with good young pitching, cf and 3b in their system.With Collettis record of piling up veterans, Id be surprised if they dont do a big prospects for star veteran deal.
I really hope the Cardinals can make some moves. They need to get younger, and they need pitching desperately. Get rid of Scott Rolen if at all possible, and Edmonds too.
Apparently Rolen to the Twins is a hot rumor right now...but i don't really see how MN takes that contract.
agreed on both, but you know this Johan Santana guy is rather good. Would need to use blue chip kids to get him. I think the Dodgers are in the best spot to get him with good young pitching, cf and 3b in their system.With Collettis record of piling up veterans, Id be surprised if they dont do a big prospects for star veteran deal.
Johan Santana is probably the one guy available who there is NO prospect who is untouchable. Pitching is at such a premium, and this guy is THE BEST. Of course, you'd want to be able to work out an extension....
The Cards should agree to eat half of it to get some prospects, and get Rolen out of town.
Obviously....I just don't really know what kinda value he has around the league. His constant shoulder problems have worn thin here honestly.
Johan Santana is probably the one guy available who there is NO prospect who is untouchable. Pitching is at such a premium, and this guy is THE BEST. Of course, you'd want to be able to work out an extension....
Torii Hunter is a free agent. Theres is no way the new GM of the Twins will have his first two moves being losing Hunter to free agency and trading Santana. If the Twins can't work out a new deal, I could see them trading him in July, but no way he gets traded in the off season.
Torii Hunter is a free agent. Theres is no way the new GM of the Twins will have his first two moves being losing Hunter to free agency and trading Santana. If the Twins can't work out a new deal, I could see them trading him in July, but no way he gets traded in the off season.
The return value is way bigger in the offseason than it is at the trading deadline. If you want a good return for Santana, you have to deal him now. What will play into the decision is the health of Liriano. If he's ready to rumble to start the year, they'll make on last push to win. If he's on the shelf for the first half of the year or starts the year pitching badly (Liriano) Santana gets moved. For a team that relies heavily on youth, they need to pick up at least one prospect for him. Letting him walk at the end of the year, offering arbitration and picking up a pick ain't gonna cut it.

Detroit Tigers Pick up Jacque Jones and the vary next day cubs trade Craig Monroe to twins for a player to be named later WHATS THIS MEAN FOR HUNTER???

I've heard about the Yankees and Angels possibly being interested in Scott Rolen. I've also heard talk of a Rolen/Juan Pierre swap. As a Cardinals fan, I'm not liking that prospect.I've heard that the Cardinals might try to get AJ Burnett from the Blue Jays. They came close to signing him two years ago.