value betting when a scare card comes (limit he)

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is MP2 with T:heart:, J:diamond:. 1 fold, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.Flop: (7.50 SB) T:club:, 3:club:, 8:heart: (3 players)UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, MP3 folds, UTG+1 calls.Turn: (4.75 BB) 9:diamond: (2 players)UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, UTG+1 calls.River: (6.75 BB) J:heart: (2 players)UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, ...this is standard, right?aseem

just to play the devil's advocate, i'll mention that the game is a little on the loose/passive side, but people aren't calling with absolutely nothing on each street, either.how does this change things, if at all?aseem

You kind of have to notice this player's tendencies. Some players will always bet their 1 card straight or flush when they hit it on the river, this is probably one of the things you should try and pay attention to, because it will save you a lot of bets later on.There are other players who love to check-raise in these situations when they make their hand. I'd bet here against a weak calling station and check against a tougher player who I know is not paying me off with weaker hands.

if you're going to call a raise, its better to check.bet/fold is probably your best option. He checked it to you so you should bet your two pair for value. power of position, i guess.if he check/raises, i think its a pretty easy fold.

though he probably just missed his draw...its still just a better check...He could bluff at you and its still not a call you want to have to make
what?J8 calls, J9 calls, a lone 8 or 9 calls, a T calls...lots of hands call.

Okay, this is a definite bet on the river. One thing that scares me about lower limits, is the possibility of people getting into bad habits. I would bet the river if I was playing 1-2 or 200-400. If I get check raised, I'm STILL calling in most cases. Especially at higher limits. Believe it or not, in a mdeium to semi-hi limit game. People will slow play Aces and Kings to the river. They will also check raise trying to represent a hand. The opponent could also check raise with Ace Jack or King Jack. Anyway you slice it, I'm betting the river. And unless I know the player will NOT be bluffing for sure, I'm calling regardless of what happens after the bet.

anybody playin a jack technically missed their open ended on the river. Its just my opinion on it...usually when somebody check calls they are drawing to something and with the 2 clubs on the board thats what i would put him on...

i dont think calling the river is very good against a typical donky
in what sense?he was a mild version of a calling station. pretty loose, pretty passive. he didn't call down with nothing, though...aseem
what do you see him check/raising with that we beat?
oh, i misread your post. i thought it said "i don't think _betting_ the river ..."i think if i bet and he raised, i would fold this with a more solid read that he was passive. i don't mind calling his raise just to see his cards at all, honestly. just one bet for a good amount of information about how he plays any hand that contains a Q or a 7 here.aseem

ok, SO...i think this is a value bet against loose/passive players. there aren't many hands he's calling that flop with that have a Q or 7 in them.i'm damn sure i'll get a call from any pair and two pair.if he checkraises, i would fold if i was confident he wouldn't do it with anything less than a straight, but i can't be sure he's not dumb and wouldn't checkraise here with J-8 for a rivered lower two pair or something.so, i think the best line is to bet/call.what does everyone think?i think the most important thing is that i DO get called by plenty of worse hands.aseem

what do you see him check/raising with that we beat?
Except that I don't see him check/raising with anything that beats us either.... The river was an overcard to the board and put an OESD out there, so if he has a Q in his hand (QK-Q8 are all possible), it seems like a bad spot to go for a check/raise, since there a good chance we'll check behind. I think he usually just bets out with a Q. And I imagine he just bets out with a 7; I can't believe he'd c/r a 7.Even fish bluff-raise once in a while - I think bet/call is probably the best line here.