2009 Wsop $10,000 World Championship No Limit Hold'em

Day 1D of the 2009 Wsop $10,000 World Championship No Limit Hold'em tournament begins at noon Vegas time today.I know that quite a few FCPers are playing today and I want to wish them good luck.Vtlaxer created a general main event discussion thread here.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...howtopic=137190Updates as usual will be available at Poker Newshttp://www.pokernews.com/wsop/2009/event-57/day1d/

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I refuse to acknowledge AG here since he didn't even remember that I played yesterday :club:
I CAME OVER TO THE RIO AND SAID HI TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!in other news....im about go go do some work.
I CAME OVER TO THE RIO AND SAID HI TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!in other news....im about go go do some work.
Whatever, you were probably looking for Jesse who was already busto :)Oh, and please win. I'm already down 10% in this thing cause Rod and Jesse are busto, so I need you and Ken and Tre and Casey and myself to come through.

gl all fcpers and to Fluff also playing

It's Official - We're at CapacityFrom the laptop of a Harrahs official:"The Main Event registration is officially closed. All seats available on Day1D have been sold.Final entrant numbers and prize pool information will be available late this evening after all reconciliation has been completed."Biggest. Day 1. Ever.

Sorry, But You WON'T Be At the Feature TableAccording to one member of the ESPN camera crew, Phil Ivey's table (table #90 in the orange section) was supposed to be the feature table to start the day. Everyone at the table was not only going to get a chance to play at the feature table with one of the greatest players in the game, but they'd also be lined up to receive about $10,000 in sponsorship money from various companies. Ivey didn't want to be seated at the feature table and he got his wish. Everyone at the table was pretty irritated at this decision. This was all according to the camera crew and we'll have to wait and see if any of the players go after Ivey a little bit more throughout the day.WOW!!! How much pull does he have???? I would be PISSED!!!

Sorry, But You WON'T Be At the Feature TableAccording to one member of the ESPN camera crew, Phil Ivey's table (table #90 in the orange section) was supposed to be the feature table to start the day. Everyone at the table was not only going to get a chance to play at the feature table with one of the greatest players in the game, but they'd also be lined up to receive about $10,000 in sponsorship money from various companies. Ivey didn't want to be seated at the feature table and he got his wish. Everyone at the table was pretty irritated at this decision. This was all according to the camera crew and we'll have to wait and see if any of the players go after Ivey a little bit more throughout the day.

Can you imagine being an aussie or a euro, flying to vegas to sign up for day 1d(Which would make the most sense, so you don't have to take an extra 3 days away from the rest of your life waiting for day 2), and be told tough luck? Left In The Deck:We Want InThe Day 1d field has been sold to capacity. The Rio staff has even added tables to accomodate the massive amount of entrants that have registered for the final day 1 flight of the main event. Despite this, there are still 200 people lined up to register for the event. The tournament staff has indicated that these people will not be accommodated due to the sellout. This notice has fallen on deaf ears, however, as the people have refused to leave until they are allowed to register.While there are 200 people still in line, there were many more who just left after receiving the news that the event was sold to capacity. Mickey Appleman and Richard Ashby are among the players who have been shutout of the event. Appleman has said that he has not missed the main event for 30 years. The people who have stuck around tend to be people who have flown in from the U.K., Austrailia and other places strictly to play this event.These people could be accepted if the WSOP accepted alternates as there have already been over 30 bust-outs early in day 1d. If these people were allowed to register as alternates, they could have filled those empty seats. However, the WSOP staff has a policy not to accept alternates. It will be interesting to see how long the people hold their protest in line. Stay tuned to CardPlayer.com as we will have a full story on this later in the day.

Sorry, But You WON'T Be At the Feature TableAccording to one member of the ESPN camera crew, Phil Ivey's table (table #90 in the orange section) was supposed to be the feature table to start the day. Everyone at the table was not only going to get a chance to play at the feature table with one of the greatest players in the game, but they'd also be lined up to receive about $10,000 in sponsorship money from various companies. Ivey didn't want to be seated at the feature table and he got his wish. Everyone at the table was pretty irritated at this decision. This was all according to the camera crew and we'll have to wait and see if any of the players go after Ivey a little bit more throughout the day.WOW!!! How much pull does he have???? I would be PISSED!!!
Yeah I really don't understand this. I know Ivey doesn't exactly crave the limelight, but if one of the other players was equally camera shy would tournament officials pull this? No way in hell"Ok so you guys were going to be essentially free rolling, but Mr. Ivey hates attention so we're going to move you to the back of the room and you can try to chip up against one of the better NLHE players in the world. good luck! oh and that'll be $10,000"