Alternative Hockey League 2.0

After an off season with lots of changes the original league that spawned off many others is coming back strong.We have a new commissioner, new teams and a new website.Stay tuned in this thread for news, updates and discussions about the best fantasy hockey league around.First order of business is the draft that is set for September 23 at the house of the owner of the storied AHL franchise the Mustangs.

Why is the draft on a Wednesday?
The commissioner of the league is some professional poker player that has commitments in vegas and London.He has to be London on the weekend of the 26th. The week before is the "other" league that the ex commissioner is drafting as well I believe said commissioner isnt available.
The commissioner of the league is some professional poker player that has commitments in vegas and London.He has to be London on the weekend of the 26th. The week before is the "other" league that the ex commissioner is drafting as well I believe said commissioner isnt available.
so you guys are in the new "Darrell" league as well? (no idea what its called)Daniel, yourself, Dale, Bob...???

Is Daniel going to be at the draft?I kinda want to go down to the Borgata for the $1k HU Double Elimination WPT prelim event the week before the draft, but I have the FCHL auction on the 20th too. Meh.

so you guys are in the new "Darrell" league as well? (no idea what its called)Daniel, yourself, Dale, Bob...???
Myself and Bob will be in the new league. Daniel will not be in the new league for many reasons. Darrell and Daniel had some disagreements and this is why Darrell is gone and Daniel isnt in the new league.
Is Daniel going to be at the draft?I kinda want to go down to the Borgata for the $1k HU Double Elimination WPT prelim event the week before the draft, but I have the FCHL auction on the 20th too. Meh.
Daniel will be at the draft.However we dont like it broadcast as I dont want TMZ in my front yard.
K, no prob. I'll only bring 10 friends.
As if you have that many.
Try to get me the team with Tyler f'in Kennedy, so I can pillage Zach's team with my first AHL trade.
Simply using "TFK" can save you time in the future.
So you got rid of that other team in Pittsburgh in your sig finally?
It might be me that you're thinking of. If I wasn't embarrassed a couple years ago when I put it up...why should I be now?

I'll be at the draft for sure. I was offered a team in the other league, but declined the offer. Managing one team requires a lot of time and devotion. I wasn't a fan of the new league starting out, because it competes for owners initially jeopardized the league's future. The AHL will be just fine, though, and for the current owners leaving, I think they are making a big mistake. What happens when their new league starts, than the commish just gets bored with his team and decides, meh, let's start all over. So if you spent 5 years trying to build a winner and now finally your team is prepped to compete... he could just dismantle the league. That's not going to happen to the AHL.

I'll be at the draft for sure. I was offered a team in the other league, but declined the offer. Managing one team requires a lot of time and devotion. I wasn't a fan of the new league starting out, because it competes for owners initially jeopardized the league's future. The AHL will be just fine, though, and for the current owners leaving, I think they are making a big mistake. What happens when their new league starts, than the commish just gets bored with his team and decides, meh, let's start all over.So if you spent 5 years trying to build a winner and now finally your team is prepped to compete... he could just dismantle the league. That's not going to happen to the AHL.
Daniel,We need to make some decisions on stuff soon. I think if a few of us get together on MSN to iron out some details in the next week it will be helpful.Dave(website), Dale(stats and rosters), should be included in a quick governors meeting.Also the owner of the Smugglers is MIA and needs to be replaced as we have no way of getting a hold of him.
Daniel,We need to make some decisions on stuff soon. I think if a few of us get together on MSN to iron out some details in the next week it will be helpful.Dave(website), Dale(stats and rosters), should be included in a quick governors meeting.Also the owner of the Smugglers is MIA and needs to be replaced as we have no way of getting a hold of him.
I am sure there is a waiting list but I would like to be considered for an open spot now or in the future
I am sure there is a waiting list but I would like to be considered for an open spot now or in the future
John,We can definetely consider you, however being at the draft physically is a must in our pool. Most of our guys are based in Toronto and the surrounding areas.
John,We can definetely consider you, however being at the draft physically is a must in our pool. Most of our guys are based in Toronto and the surrounding areas.
Fortunately, I have some miles built up. Making a once a year trip to Toronto is fine
John, I'm coming to visit you on Thursday.
Sounds good.Are you looking for a place to eat? I know a good italian or french place near times square. let me know and i can set up a reservation.Also, we can meet at a bar if you want. just cant stay out to late. got a 700 am flight the next am

A fantasy league is only as strong as its commish and/or weakest owner. Commissioner status doesnt mean someone owns and runs the whole league. Each owner should have an equal say in the direction of the league, IMO. Or else you get stupid things like what happened with AHL. Personally, I dont believe in commissioners. I see them as administrators.