Michael Craig B-slaps Daniel

Not sure if this was posted yet, if so, sorry .. But Michael Craig in his blog on full tilt has made his feelings known about the quality of Mike Matusow's play vs. DN ..All I can tell you about Mike's win over Negreanu is that Daniel twice got amazingly lucky in all-in confrontations, and won another all-in where he actually had the lead. Yet somehow, he never had a chip lead. When they're sober, Daniel can't touch Mike.Discuss ..

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike is a great heads up player, and although I don't quite agree with 'Daniel can't touch Mike', I do believe he is a better player heads up. But with all the variance and rareity of heads up...Also thought I'd throw in..Omaha hi/lo.......Who is Michael Craig btw?

Yea, let's sum up two people's entire poker career by one heads up match consisting of a few dozen hands.
mike might be a better tournament NL holdem player. When Mike is sober and playing his A game, which happened last year during the world series main event. To bad he can only play his A game for more than a week a year.

I don't quite remember, I THINK it was on Learn from the Pro's on FSN where DN says that he is way ahead of Matusow in heads up matches. Apparently, they used to always play heads up. (Before the poker boom)

mikey is a great player when his head is in the game, that being said, i think dn has an edge over him..mikey is way more hungry tho and i like to see mikey do well just because i think he has more passion for the game than any other " big name player" out there, including dn..

To anyone saying Mike is a better NLHE tournament player than DN; you couldn't be more wrong.DN is on a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT LEVEL.People say "When Mike is on his A game noone can touch him." This is 100% false and the only reason people even say this is b/c Mike has said it so many times about himself that some tend to blindly believe it. Stop making excuses for when Mike blows up and plays poorly, its a BIG part of his game and something he does on a regular basis.I've never been the DN Fanboy type, but to say Mike is a better NLHE tournament player is an absolute jopke.

To anyone saying Mike is a better NLHE tournament player than DN; you couldn't be more wrong.DN is on a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT LEVEL.People say "When Mike is on his A game noone can touch him." This is 100% false and the only reason people even say this is b/c Mike has said it so many times about himself that some tend to blindly believe it. Stop making excuses for when Mike blows up and plays poorly, its a BIG part of his game and something he does on a regular basis.I've never been the DN Fanboy type, but to say Mike is a better NLHE tournament player is an absolute jopke.
I think taking both players A games, its too hard to choose because their styles are so contrasting. We all know DN is a small pot freak while Mike is up the other end of the spectrum bluffing 25%+ of his stack regularly.Heads up tho, I'll still take Mike. I think he would put alot more pressure on you, and since it's a fast moving structure, DNs strengths don't have as much time to come into play.
Who is this idiot.It was ONE freakin' match.DON CHEADLE BEAT PHIL IVEYandSHANNON ELIZABETH BEAT JEFF MADSENAnything can happen heads up.
Game. Set. Match.

It's ONE HU match.MM said the format would be much better if all the earlier rounds were 2/3 and the final was 3/5. Michael Craig is actually MM's close friend so it's no surprise that he would make this claim. He writes an excellent blog BTW.

what about playing heads-up NLHE cash?

Is there a link to the blog? That has to be good for a laugh. I just love it when poker writers do stuff like this, it's good for a laugh or two. Did he also mention, that Phil Ivey, when sober, could out act Don Cheadle? LOL.

Is there a link to the blog? That has to be good for a laugh. I just love it when poker writers do stuff like this, it's good for a laugh or two. Did he also mention, that Phil Ivey, when sober, could out act Don Cheadle? LOL.
Dan, PLEASE write a rebuttal blog to this Craig moron.Do it for your fellow FCP'ers like me!
blogHe also calls Hachem a flash in the pan, and says David Williams is one of those guys that just keeps getting lucky time after timereading some of his blogs id say he is either a complete moron or is just writing things to get a reaction out of people i.e. Jay Mariotti if your familiar.another exampleHuckleberry Seed v. Chip Reese - I've got the inside dope on this one. (Both men play too conservative a game.) But they have eight bracelets between them so they must get lucky year after year after year.
http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/poker-blog/20...d_2_preview.phpHEARTS BRACKET (HEAT B)Allen Cunningham v. Andy Bloch - This match will be a treat. I think I sucked out to beat Cunningham in a big pot during one of the FTOPS, so he obviously doesn't have much game. How he won $7 million at the World Series of Poker is a mystery. Bloch, on the other hand, robs me blind in every hand we've ever played on Full Tilt, so he's obviously lucky beyond belief. How can either man win such a match?Mike Matusow v. Michael Mizrachi - After Matusow beat Negreanu yesterday, I said to him, "Just remember Mike. You rule at Caesars." Mike won the Tournament of Champions here, and I brought with me the pen he signed some stripper's *** with after he won. I hope it proves to be lucky. I get the idea that the Grinder uses astronomy to make some of his moves, based on how his match with John Juanda went. All I can tell you about Mike's win over Negreanu is that Daniel twice got amazingly lucky in all-in confrontations, and won another all-in where he actually had the lead. Yet somehow, he never had a chip lead. When they're sober, Daniel can't touch Mike.

lol michael craig is not being serious about everything he writes in his blog, obv. He has tried to be humorous in his coverage of the hu event. Whether he's done that or not is up for debate. What I can say is I've played with him 3-4 times and he is a pretty average poker player.

lol michael craig is not being serious about everything he writes in his blog, obv. He has tried to be humorous in his coverage of the hu event. Whether he's done that or not is up for debate. What I can say is I've played with him 3-4 times and he is a pretty average poker player.
I'm not bothered by his comments about me, but I found his comments about Humberto to be a little unfair. Humberto's English isn't very good. Maybe if it was he wouldn't think he's so "obnoxious." I hope he was kidding about that, but the way he wrote it, I was unsure. Humberto is a great guy and is good for poker. It's kind of odd for him to single out Humberto for being obnoxious on camera when... er... nevermind.