Fcpfc Offseason Changes

What happened that you want to see continued next year?What would you like to change for next year?What would you like to completely get rid of for next year?Post em all here to make Season 2 better than ever.

What happened that you want to see continued next year?What would you like to change for next year?What would you like to completely get rid of for next year?Post em all here to make Season 2 better than ever.
Couple of quick things I'll write more later, but here's a couple of thoughtsLarger buy-inSmaller teamsCaptains who want to be captains instead of appointedSomehow find a way to keep mathmatically eliminated teams still playing everyweekAnd a rule about a penalty if 2 or more members from the same team play in the same match. If we can't prevent it completelyMore to come just wanted to throw some thoughts out there

I agree with smoke, A higher buy in should help. Too many people had the "I don't care" attitude. Here's what I think..1. Higher buy in2. Better scheduling of matches. (Advance knowledge of when someone is playing).3. Strict penalties against missing your match. (Team forfit, no re-play).4. The "Mod" or "Commissioner" of the leauge shouldn't have a vested instrest in the leauge. (Not a team Capt. or Player)Just a few thoughts, I welcome comments and or suggestions.

The captains must be committed to work hard to make it successful.Schedule must be posted before the league starts so captains and players can make adjustments.Bigger buy in and every SNG should be for real money,League officers should be voted on.Secretary should be paid (like a bowling league)

First of all, a TY to the organizers...custom, smoke, sf kid (sorry if I forgot anyone)There were some bumps in the road, but the first time is always tough.I think that the HU team league is probably the best format to follow:1. Higher buy- in for a team/franchise.2. Have the match set on a certain day(s) and time.3. A comissioner/league officer(s) to decide any issues...probably smart to put rules in writing. 4. The game format (blinds, starting chips etc.) was good and I wouldn't suggest a change.5. Maybe some FCP hats/jerseys for the winning teams?

Bigger buy in and every SNG should be for real money
That would be my suggestion. Pay your $100 up front to join.You get 5 x $20 sn'g tickets put in your account for the matches.That way, each sn'g pays 1st, 2nd and 3rd just like normal, and since you've already spent your money, you'll be more likelyto want to show up and play, even if your team is out of therunning.
That would be my suggestion. Pay your $100 up front to join.You get 5 x $20 sn'g tickets put in your account for the matches.That way, each sn'g pays 1st, 2nd and 3rd just like normal, and since you've already spent your money, you'll be more likelyto want to show up and play, even if your team is out of therunning.
that's a really good idea. possibly something like $100 a head, $50 into the main prize pool and 5 $10 sng tickets that can only be used for these tourneys. captains dedicated and a more structured schedule is a must.thanks to everyone for doing your best with all of the crap that came up

Alright, changes I would like to see for next season.A person who is not playing, and is not a captain, serving as an impartial judge, and handling all disputes among teams/captains/whatever. This person could also be the coordinator between FCP and all of the captains.Captains who ask to be captains when signing up.Rewards for perfect attendance for a team (sort of like the HU league).Smaller teams (6 teams of 6 would work out well).Shorter time period (you could do 6 teams of 6 in under a month easily. Would also help with scheduling and availability).Real money for each match, thus providing for incentive in terms of showing up for every match, whether you are involved or not.I think I had an idea or two more, but they aren't coming to me right now.

that's a really good idea. possibly something like $100 a head, $50 into the main prize pool and 5 $10 sng tickets that can only be used for these tourneys.
I like this idea. It provides incentive for people to still play, but I don't know about 5 matches each player. A little too many in my opinion. Especially if we're doing 5 or even 6 man teams. I like $100 buy in and you get 3 $15 SnG tix and $55 goes to pool. We still have the problem of preventing 2 people from the same team playing. If that happened under this system, DQ'ing the team would create a huge mess. But I like the general idea of individual awards per match.Having a set schedule wasn't the problem we had with scheduling. The schedule of the matches was set in advance and was consistant each week. The problem we had with scheduling was captains not making one up for their team in advance and not notifiying their players when it was thier turn to play. I set the schedule up in the begining of the season for my team and we never had a problem with scheduling.Another thing, I'm not so sure we will be able to get a person not in the FCPFC to stay interested enough to act as a liason between the league and FCP, and to make decisions when problems arise. They'd have to get paid at least to stay involved, but I don't think it's necessary. Having a written set of rules that don't change and for fluke occurances either having a vote or coordinators deciding should be sufficient

I like many of the idea we are talking about. Higher Buy In's AND make each match cost as well. So if u put up $100, $50 to the prize pool and $50 for the matches you play. That would prevent individuals from missing matches even if their team is out. Scheduling can be cleaner but it wasn't a huge concern if captaims do their jobs.Captains HAVE to have an interest in the league. The apathy of many captains was the downfall this 1st time around. To me at least MOST of the captains cared about the draft and the draft day only...after the fun of drafting was over, actually participating in the event didn't matter. Commish CAN be a captian. I do disagree w/ some saying we need a commish who isn't captain. I am the commish of a Fantasy Football league (was commish of as many as 3 leagues in the past) and as long as the commish puts the interests of the league 1st, he can easily participate as well. I know there were many bumps in the road, but quite frankly I only saw 1 real bump...Mr. Custom himself. The FCPFC Challenege Match Thread was 4 pages long (I have them 40 per page...so for some it may be way longer pagewise) before our esteemed commish decided to say anything at all. Now MAYBE he gave Royal and Smoke all the info they needed and they got it to us, but there was NEVER ANYTHING after the regular season was over from the COMMISH. To many of us, it seemed like Smokewagons was running the event in the playoffs...and quite frankly I am glad he did. Also, maybe most disturbing of all was this...the guy who is supposed to be running the league barely even had control of his own team. Unless I am wrong (which i will gladly apologize for) Custom's team was one of many that no showed the last few events...and he is running this league?This league could be much better next time around and I believe it will be. However, if Mr. Custom is in charge I personally will have NOTHING to do with a league run by him. If Smoke or someone else is in charge I will GLADLY participate. I just don't have the energy to put up w/ a 20 year old kid who already knows EVERYTHING.

I know there were many bumps in the road, but quite frankly I only saw 1 real bump...Mr. Custom himself. The FCPFC Challenege Match Thread was 4 pages long (I have them 40 per page...so for some it may be way longer pagewise) before our esteemed commish decided to say anything at all. Now MAYBE he gave Royal and Smoke all the info they needed and they got it to us, but there was NEVER ANYTHING after the regular season was over from the COMMISH. To many of us, it seemed like Smokewagons was running the event in the playoffs...and quite frankly I am glad he did. Also, maybe most disturbing of all was this...the guy who is supposed to be running the league barely even had control of his own team. Unless I am wrong (which i will gladly apologize for) Custom's team was one of many that no showed the last few events...and he is running this league?This league could be much better next time around and I believe it will be. However, if Mr. Custom is in charge I personally will have NOTHING to do with a league run by him. If Smoke or someone else is in charge I will GLADLY participate. I just don't have the energy to put up w/ a 20 year old kid who already knows EVERYTHING.
See ya. I will have something to do with the league, I know that. How much I'll do has yet to be determined. There are people that want me to come back in the same role as season one. Whether I do or not is still up in the air.I did things after season's end. I contacted both captains. I was a little late on getting to the thread, but I assure you I was there before the end. Based on the suggestions in the thread I created, I allowed the captains to control the championship match. Also realize that Smokewagons and I were CO-organizers. We were both organizers of the event.In regards to my team, there were other circumstances surrounding them not being there.It's not much of an explanation, but to be quite honest you don't deserve one considering the way you rode that horse during the season. All I'm going to say is that I did work during the season, during the championship, and will continue to work during the offseason regardless of the role I choose to take.To everyone else: Keep the suggestions coming. I'm not commenting on them because I feel that would be unfair to those that want to voice opposition or support for any idea. Give us as many good ideas as possible so that we can consider as many suggestions as possible.
In regards to my team, there were other circumstances surrounding them not being there.
Like apathy, since they were so far out of the race, and had nothingother than their original $10 riding on it.In summary, of the ideas I've heard in this thread here are the changesI think would benefit the fcpfc.1. Less players. 9 teams of 6 would be plenty. I firmly believe that 6 players is the most that anyone is able to have control over.2. 60/40 buy-in split. Say for instance the buyin is $100 total. Each playergets 3 x $20 tickets, and $40 per player goes into the pool.Each sn'g would pay the top 3 based on the $20+2 payscale, plus the final prize pool would be $2160, split 70/30, netting the winning teamplayers $252 each (on top of any winnings from the original sng's).That would accomplish a few things, most importantly all players would have a vested interest in showing up to the tourneys as even taking down onewould get you the original buy-in back.3. More compacted schedule. If every player needed to play 3 matches,that's a total of 18 matches. There's no reason we couldn't do one ofthese every month if that were the case. Play on nights say Sunday to Thursday, taking Friday and Saturday off and that would be plenty.With 6 guys there's no way each of them couldn't find ONE of those evenings to be home to play.4. The two teams that were tops in this first one have the option to stay together, aside from any draft. Everyone NOT on one of those teams can be drafted by anyone.. After the next fcpfc, the players on the top two teams at THAT point get the same option. If one ofthe teams that decided to stay together doesn't end up in the toptwo, all of their players become "free agents" for lack of a better term. Any thoughts???
Like apathy, since they were so far out of the race, and had nothingother than their original $10 riding on it.Any thoughts???
And that something came up in the final 2 weeks that took their attention to somesthing else.Like I said, I won't comment on any suggestions, as I want the suggestions of others to be as pure as possible. Yours will be taken into consideration, though.
The two teams that were tops in this first one have the option to stay together, aside from any draft. Everyone NOT on one of those teams can be drafted by anyone.. After the next fcpfc, the players on the top two teams at THAT point get the same option. If one ofthe teams that decided to stay together doesn't end up in the toptwo, all of their players become "free agents" for lack of a better term. Any thoughts???
I like the option of staying together but what about the reduction in numbers on the team. We had 7 when it was all said and done and with the reduction in team size I don't want to have to cut one person as that person would obviously get offended. But if we could clear that up somehow I'd be up for itI think we should be reponding to the ideas Custom. It helps mold brainstorming into actual possibilities by explaining the potential problems with each idea.
See ya. I will have something to do with the league, I know that. How much I'll do has yet to be determined. There are people that want me to come back in the same role as season one. Whether I do or not is still up in the air.I did things after season's end. I contacted both captains. I was a little late on getting to the thread, but I assure you I was there before the end. Based on the suggestions in the thread I created, I allowed the captains to control the championship match. Also realize that Smokewagons and I were CO-organizers. We were both organizers of the event.In regards to my team, there were other circumstances surrounding them not being there.It's not much of an explanation, but to be quite honest you don't deserve one considering the way you rode that horse during the season. All I'm going to say is that I did work during the season, during the championship, and will continue to work during the offseason regardless of the role I choose to take.To everyone else: Keep the suggestions coming. I'm not commenting on them because I feel that would be unfair to those that want to voice opposition or support for any idea. Give us as many good ideas as possible so that we can consider as many suggestions as possible.
CustomThe TITLE of this thread is FCPFC Offseason changes, I am simply listing MY CHANGES to the league.I am going to address a few things you said and then I am done w/ you. Seriously...I have no time in my life for a 20 year old know it all. This forum is big enough that I can post in most threads w/o having to interact w/ you."See ya. I will have something to do with the league, I know that. "LOL...showing just how mature you are huh? For the record...as a Co-Organizer of this event, whether you know it or not, you are running a BUSINESS. I paid my $10...I should be treated as a CUSTOMER. If this is how people at CZpoker will be treated I am sure you will make millions off of your site. I am an UNHAPPY customer...but a customer nonetheless. If you indeed are anything more than a partcipant or liason due to being a moderator, I will not participate again. "In regards to my team, there were other circumstances surrounding them not being there."LMAO...gimme a break. You are telling me not a single member of you team could make ANY of the matches?"It's not much of an explanation, but to be quite honest you don't deserve one considering the way you rode that horse during the season. All I'm going to say is that I did work during the season, during the championship, and will continue to work during the offseason regardless of the role I choose to take."I guess that means I won't get an answer to the above statemeant. Again i will remind you. I am the CUSTOMER...I DESERVE ANSWERS IF THINGS AREN'T GOING RIGHT!!!!! Whats the matter Custom...Things didn't go perfect in this and I had the audacity to put the blame on the person who was the face of the league? As far as riding the Horse...my comments above were from THE END OF THE SEASON. These were NEW BEEFS, not draggin up old crap. Its bullchit your team wasn't at the final few matches and its bullchit you didn't bother saying a single word until AFTER the playoffs were over.That's all I am going to say on this. Ask anyone on my team or other teams even, if I was an ASSET to this event? I showed up on the boards to talk up the league. I boatsed a bit at times, but backed everything up I said for the most part. I also would be on the rail at times watching and cheering for my teamates. In general, if all 81 participants showed even 1/2 the level of interest guys like Smoke, Figger, and myself showed, this league would be a unbelieveable success. (sorry if i left others out...Smoke and Figger's efforts stood out) I would LOVE to do this again and would personally like to see Smoke run it if he's is so inclined. However, I have the right to refuse to play in this event if I feel the organization isn't up to par.

Ok...I will finally chime in.Vick, thank you for the compliments.I was one of those lerkers who officially joined the forum when DN made the announcement to join. I knew nobody and was fortunate enough to get on the alternate list for this league...Then got chosen in a late round, by Spademan.I felt very fortunate to be on this team...Then...all Hell broke loose. PS turned us down, FCP Poker Room was initiated, people dropped out and I, being very eager to belong, made my best effort to be a good substitute captain. Maybe I was over aggressive by posting the stats, but that's my thing: I liked being apart of something good and I am a numbers person.Anyways...that's my background.I agree with most of the corrective posts made to make this a better league. I also feel that you, Vick, are being too critical of Custom. Yes he is a little cocky and abrupt, but if it weren't for his efforts, we would have never even gotten this thing off the ground.As for Custom's team not showing for the later stages of the league, it wasn't only his team, there were others that did not show. Whatever the reason was, no captain can force a player to show up.Anyways, considering this was a first time thing...it was not so bad. We had some drama at the end (granted it could have been better), and we learned a lot on how to make it better the next time around. I personally want thank Custom for everything he did and definitely want him involved in the next go around. Vick..I understand your concerns and don't discount them, but I think you putting all of the blame on one person and it's very unfair without having all of the facts.I would very much like to see this league continue and gladly put my name up for consideration to be captain again.And if anyone read all of this post...thank you for being so patient, I was a wee bit long winded.

I enjoyed the competition. I did not play for the prospect of a big payoff, so maybe my view is not the same as some of you.In my opinion, there were details not expressed when people were signing up, which caused some confusion and unhappiness with the league. There were captains that did not live up to the responsibility they accepted when they agreed to be captain.Scheduling of players shouldn't be that difficult, except that getting anyone to commit that they can play every xxx night for 9 weeks can be difficult. How many people know what their schedule might be for the next 9 weeks? That is when the captains need to be on their toes to get alternate people assigned to play.I would suggest that the number of teams, scheduled night(s), entry fee(s), and length of league play be clearly laid out before everyone starts signing up. Knowing exactly what the committment is would help get people who are willing to make the committment, imo.As far as upping the entry fee, that's fine. However, I feel that if people know in advance exactly what's at stake, they will sign up if they are willing to commit and not otherwise. jmo

• 6 months later...

I would love to get in on this event. I'm more than willing to serve as a captain, and I'd even be willing to do it without playing (although I'd rather play). Buy-in size doesn't matter to me; I'll go as high as everyone else wants to go, up to $500 anyway.

• 11 months later...

We should do this again!!!!!! Team POO, POO needs to repeat!!