28 More Years Atheists

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46561106/ns/te...eroid-hit-earthYou guys got 28 more years to pretend you think thers no God.Actually, all joking aside, it would be interesting to see a poll of how many true atheists there are in 2025, then see if that number changes as 2040 moves closer and the odds of impact are less than 10 to 1.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46561106/ns/te...eroid-hit-earthYou guys got 28 more years to pretend you think thers no God.Actually, all joking aside, it would be interesting to see a poll of how many true atheists there are in 2025, then see if that number changes as 2040 moves closer and the odds of impact are less than 10 to 1.
That WOULD be interesting. It would be a pretty clear demonstration of religion being a result of fear and irrationality.
  • Like 4

How come none of the "10" ways to stop an asteroid is lasers? The list is written in unreadable silly-speak, and #10 is get hit by the asteroid. Just to warn you.

This asteroid isn't much bigger than the one that caused the Tunguska event. It would take something thousands of times bigger to remotely threaten civilization. By comparison, the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs was about 700,000 times bigger(mid-range of estimated diameter of 10-15 km)It would probably have a very low fatality rate assuming we could guess its strike zone a couple days in advance. As for Atheist conversion, why would you think that an entirely logically explainable event would convert anyone? It seems likely that it would take something that had the appearance of a miracle to significantly change people's religious beliefs.

This asteroid isn't much bigger than the one that caused the Tunguska event. It would take something thousands of times bigger to remotely threaten civilization. By comparison, the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs was over a million times bigger. It would probably have a very low fatality rate assuming we could guess its strike zone a couple days in advance. As for Atheist conversion, why would you think that an entirely logically explainable event would convert anyone? It seems likely that it would take something that had the appearance of a miracle to significantly change people's religious beliefs.
Or 71 times.
Come on Brv. If there is one thing you should know is that the atheist crowd has no problem making up any facts regarding the past that fits their goal for the moment.If you try to fix every time they do this you will never do anything else.
Come on Brv. If there is one thing you should know is that the atheist crowd has no problem making up any facts regarding the past that fits their goal for the moment.If you try to fix every time they do this you will never do anything else.
You have to be joking about this, but I guess I just don't get Christian humor since this seems like a pretty lame joke. Just in case you aren't - The formula for volume is (4/3)πR^3. Plug in 71(at the low end of the size estimate) and you get 360,000. The midrange is 710,000. You may hazily recall from high school physics that Force=Mass x Acceleration, not Radius x Acceleration.
You have to be joking about this, but I guess I just don't get Christian humor since this seems like a pretty lame joke. Just in case you aren't - The formula for volume is (4/3)πR^3. Plug in 71(at the low end of the size estimate) and you get 1.53 million. You may hazily recall from high school physics that Force=Mass x Acceleration, not Radius x Acceleration.
I figure this:D1 = 400mD2 = 10 kmD2 / D1 = R2 / R1 = 10 km/ 140m = 71R2 = 71R1V = (4/3)(pi)r^3V1 = (4/3)(pi)(R1^3)V2 = (4/3)(pi)(71R1)^3V2/V1 = 71^3 = 357,911I think you left off the 4/3 pi factor from the smaller asteroid but included it for the big one.
I figure this:D1 = 400mD2 = 10 kmD2 / D1 = R2 / R1 = 10 km/ 140m = 71R2 = 71R1V = (4/3)(pi)r^3V1 = (4/3)(pi)(R1^3)V2 = (4/3)(pi)(71R1)^3V2/V1 = 71^3 = 357,911I think you left off the 4/3 pi factor from the smaller asteroid but included it for the big one.
Yea, you are right. It was just a quick estimate I did.Fixed the numbers so I don't get accused of lying.
Come on Brv. If there is one thing you should know is that the atheist crowd has no problem making up any facts regarding the past that fits their goal for the moment.
I figure this:D1 = 400mD2 = 10 kmD2 / D1 = R2 / R1 = 10 km/ 140m = 71R2 = 71R1V = (4/3)(pi)r^3V1 = (4/3)(pi)(R1^3)V2 = (4/3)(pi)(71R1)^3V2/V1 = 71^3 = 357,911
Case in point! Silly atheists and their heathen maths.

At issue: The 'killer asteroid that killed the dinosaurs'The facts: Its a theoryThe proof: None, just conjectureThe Math: Pretty

Case in point! Silly atheists and their heathen maths.
If there is a God bent on world wide destruction to make a point, I doubt he is constrained by mathematical formulas.Also, if the math that was posted here is your own and not a copy job, :club::ts:4h You guys are smarter than I woulda guessed. That was meant to be a compliment.
If there is a God bent on world wide destruction to make a point, I doubt he is constrained by mathematical formulas.
His point presumably being, "Fuck it, LOL."
This guy."If enough people were praying [God] would’ve intervened, you could pray, Jesus stilled the storm, you can still storms,” Robertson said on the show.Robertson also blamed people for living in tornado-prone areas."Why did you build houses where tornadoes were apt to happen?” he asked.
This guy."If enough people were praying [God] would’ve intervened, you could pray, Jesus stilled the storm, you can still storms,” Robertson said on the show.Robertson also blamed people for living in tornado-prone areas."Why did you build houses where tornadoes were apt to happen?” he asked.
what's the alternative? tell people the truth, that prayers are never answered. god wont do it. nobody wants to hear that.

Pat Robertson is an insane person and doesn't understand the Bible.

Pat Robertson is an insane person and doesn't understand the Bible.
I like him. Sure some of his stuff is a little off, he's a tv personality. But overall he's pretty much right.
I like him. Sure some of his stuff is a little off, he's a tv personality. But overall he's pretty much right.
Do you agree with this?
You don't really think that do you?If your wife dies of cancer, then it's your fault for not having enough faith? I hope you don't fall into that category of Christian.