So I go out with the boys last night to celebrate some more winnings. Play a lil pool, get a lil food, get a lot of Long Island Iced teas. Then I get to go have sex with this girl im seeing. But on my way I hit a police cruiser who has his lights on and get a DUI. Has to be one of the dumbest things a human being can do. Already got license revoked for atleast a month. I guess ill be logging major internet poker hours. Flaming of course will ensue, but anybody know how much this will cost me.J :club::D:D:D

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will cost you the .0003 % of dignity that you still have left.Attorney to be rid of DUI (going rates in MO so yours will be more): 2500Court costs: 200 +Fine: At least 250 and likely a lot moreArrest and Conviction records: No price on that..........and once you get a DUI on your rap sheet you best not get another, because at that point, depending on the laws of whatever cave you live in, you are starting to face the prospect of real jail timeAn arrogant FCP Poster smacking into a cop car drunk on his way to his so-called girlfriends house: Priceless

I got my license revoked for a moth. I just didnt drive drunk or speed and had no problems.

So I go out with the boys last night to celebrate some more winnings. Play a lil pool, get a lil food, get a lot of Long Island Iced teas. Then I get to go have sex with this girl im seeing. But on my way I hit a police cruiser who has his lights on and get a DUI. Has to be one of the dumbest things a human being can do. Already got license revoked for atleast a month. I guess ill be logging major internet poker hours. Flaming of course will ensue, but anybody know how much this will cost me.J :club::D:D:D
After its all said and done, if its your first DUI you can expect about 6-10k, depending on the state. Dont even bother with an attorney. You will be able to negotiate a deal for as little as possible just fine yourself with the DA. Given you hit a police cruiser, does not help matters. However, if you had a BAC under .10 you will likely be able to plea down to DWAI. If not look to get it dropped down to only DUI, I am sure they have other charges as well. Find out about any alcohol classes in the state you are in, the court will likely assign these to you anyway. You might as well get started early, will only help with sentencing. Overall, dont beat yourself up too much, I did for a month, it hurt my poker game, my morale, and my overall outlook on life for that month. Just forgive yourself, and do what you have to do. Everyone makes mistakes, what matters most is what you take from those mistakes, and how you apply that to your life moving forward. Good luck.
After its all said and done, if its your first DUI you can expect about 6-10k, depending on the state. Dont even bother with an attorney. You will be able to negotiate a deal for as little as possible just fine yourself with the DA. Given you hit a police cruiser, does not help matters. However, if you had a BAC under .10 you will likely be able to plea down to DWAI. If not look to get it dropped down to only DUI, I am sure they have other charges as well. Find out about any alcohol classes in the state you are in, the court will likely assign these to you anyway. You might as well get started early, will only help with sentencing. Overall, dont beat yourself up too much, I did for a month, it hurt my poker game, my morale, and my overall outlook on life for that month. Just forgive yourself, and do what you have to do. Everyone makes mistakes, what matters most is what you take from those mistakes, and how you apply that to your life moving forward. Good luck.
Thank you sir it was .17anyone know how much an OUI will cost me if I plea down to that, also do you really think itll be a good idea to start classes now? I should def talk to my lawyer bout that. J
Thank you sir it was .17anyone know how much an OUI will cost me if I plea down to that, also do you really think itll be a good idea to start classes now? I should def talk to my lawyer bout that. J
You are a freakin idiot, and lucky nobody got hurt. I hope you never get your license back - but as dumb as you are you'll probably drive anyway.
.17? lol oh man - Don't do that again or you can get ready to grab your ankles (prison) I bought a breathalyzer mostly for fun use and to "see how drunk we could get" type nights.... .21 was usually a max and sign of vomitting, .17 is pretty impressive.
I got my license revoked for a moth. I just didnt drive drunk or speed and had no problems.
FOR A MOTH!?!? Wow, that'll eat through your clothes. Did it fly RIGHT IN YOUR FACE?!?! Hypnotise you with it's deadly moth hypnosis?!?! /sw
.17? lol oh man - Don't do that again or you can get ready to grab your ankles (prison) I bought a breathalyzer mostly for fun use and to "see how drunk we could get" type nights.... .21 was usually a max and sign of vomitting, .17 is pretty impressive.
Lol I always wonder on those crazy nights how high my BAC might be.Whats it normally take to get to .1
"0.16 — 0.19 BAC: Dysphoria predominates, nausea may appear. The drinker has the appearance of a "sloppy drunk."
He hit a freaking police cruiser...that's all you have to know. :club:
With a BAC of .17 you can expect they will not plea down to OUI. You weren't over a .20 which means you have SOME room to bargain with, but not that much. Expect around 40 hours community service, 1 year probation (50$ a month or so), around 500$ in fines and fees, possibly 10 days in home detention (little ankle bracelet) or work release (about 200$), about 40 hours of alcohol classes (those are around 25$ each usually), possibly monitored sobriety (either breathalyzers or medication (anabuse)), jacked up insurance, and suspended liscense for anywhere from 90 days to a year.
Then I get to go have sex with this girl im seeing. But on my way I hit a police cruiser who has his lights on and get a DUI. :club::D:D:D
Question: Why did you have to specify that you were going to have sex? Is that supposed to justify your drunken driving? Or it supposed to make you look like a playa' in our eyes? You drove drunk and got busted. It doesn't matter that you drunk dialed some chick you dated last month and thought for some illogical reason that you had a one-outer of a chance at some sex.You're a criminal and you got caught. Idiot.

Yaa **** I am bugging out right now. ****KKK. See the .17 I guess is high, I blame the long island ice teas. We got the bartender to tell the cops I only had 2 beers not sure if I can use that in my favor.****KKKKKKK, ya I just got out of jail for the night too. MAN I gues I need to win some more money with poker.J

Question: Why did you have to specify that you were going to have sex? Is that supposed to justify your drunken driving? Or it supposed to make you look like a playa' in our eyes? You drove drunk and got busted. It doesn't matter that you drunk dialed some chick you dated last month and thought for some illogical reason that you had a one-outer of a chance at some sex.You're a criminal and you got caught. Idiot.
Harsh eh> I got no energy or desire to argue, foxwoods is beaten down and broken :(J
Yaa **** I am bugging out right now. ****KKK. See the .17 I guess is high, I blame the long island ice teas. We got the bartender to tell the cops I only had 2 beers not sure if I can use that in my favor.****KKKKKKK, ya I just got out of jail for the night too. MAN I gues I need to win some more money with poker.JHarsh eh> I got no energy or desire to argue, foxwoods is beaten down and broken :(J
Blame yourself, not the long island iced teas.It's not going to sound so good with the bartender saying you had 2 beer and you blew 0.17. That beer must be like moonshine.
Yaa **** I am bugging out right now. ****KKK. See the .17 I guess is high, I blame the long island ice teas. We got the bartender to tell the cops I only had 2 beers not sure if I can use that in my favor.****KKKKKKK, ya I just got out of jail for the night too. MAN I gues I need to win some more money with poker.JHarsh eh> I got no energy or desire to argue, foxwoods is beaten down and broken :(J
Dude, I don't mean to pile on, but it really appears you were acting like some kind of big shot....especially considering some of the posts I've read from you in the past and how you started out this thread. Its telling. Take a look in the mirror and check yourself. Don't act like such a phucking jerk. Learn from this and be a better person in the future. Accept the responsibility, deal with all the $hit you have to deal with and it'll be okay.
DO NOT get a lawyer. You will waste even more money than you already have. About four years ago I got picked up for blowing through a stop sign and blew a .10 (at the time, the legal limit in Wisconsin). My blood test came back .11, even though I hadn't drank anything in two hours. I hired a lawyer and for $200 he told me that there was no way to prove what you did or didn't drink except for the results of the blood test. I tried arguing with the DA anyway but she wasn't going to have any of it. I ended up eating the whole thing. You should do the same. Cut your losses...I mean you hit a cop car...you aren't going to get ANY leniency. This won't make you feel much better, but be thankful you aren't in Iowa. You go to jail for a year on first OWI. And in Europe, there are some countries where DUIs are punishable by the death penalty.

dropped about 2K on mine. with everything including expungmentwhy would you breathe into the breathalyzer? all that does is give them evidence.sometimes you just know you;re drunk and either way you are getting arrested. NOT blowing is key to winning dwi cases