Hey Fatties

So after sitting on my ass all day and pretty much doing nothing except play some poker and take care of my kids, I need some motivation to work out again. I know we have a gym thread, but I am talking about something that gives us some accountability other than just our own fat asses.I am open to suggestion and would like to have a number of us participating and tracking our progress.Ideas? And anyone interested?

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So after sitting on my ass all day and pretty much doing nothing except play some poker and take care of my kids, I need some motivation to work out again. I know we have a gym thread, but I am talking about something that gives us some accountability other than just our own fat asses.I am open to suggestion and would like to have a number of us participating and tracking our progress.Ideas? And anyone interested?
you ship the naked pics. i laugh at you. you work out. you ship new naked pics. i hang my head in shame.
you ship the naked pics. i laugh at you. you work out. you ship new naked pics. i hang my head in shame.
We need to do like a 1,2,3 and ship at the same time thing.wait a sec...... this is just a ruse to get more naked pics. Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.
I've always found that the best motivation for working out and dieting is having a deep and burning hatred of yourself and everything about you. it goes a long way.
If this were actually true I would be as skinny as Wang right now.
I've always found that the best motivation for working out and dieting is having a deep and burning hatred of yourself and everything about you. it goes a long way.
I have to return some videotapes.

obvously, the best way to get yourself to do something is to want do it. It makes working out, quitting smoking, etc easier to doAnd, this obviously isn't one of those cases so I think the best way to go about it is to make it a daily thing. What I do isn't much but I do it every day and when I'm ready to add cardio into it, I think I'll be able to do it fairly easily. I do 35 pushups and 120 jumping jacks every day (I started at 25 and 100). I've never been fat but I was at my heaviest (159 pounds) a few months ago and decided I wanted to go back to working out a bit. Though I'd hardly call what I do working out. I've lost some fat and a few pounds but I definitely feel healthier. I think doing it every day and not being too much is the key part. I'm not going gung ho about it so it's easier to make it a constant in my life. I'll increase things and throw in some running a couple times a week or going on a stationary bike and maybe later some weight training.

If this were actually true I would be as skinny as Wang right now.
yeah unfortunately a deep seeded hatred of oneself can also be alleviated for a short period by eating an ass ton of food. its a fine line I suppose.oh, guapo: you gotta set goals and have reasons for those goals. for example, you get prepared for survival situations as we've been talking about in the other thread, but would you be physically prepared? I doubt you would fatty. so make that a goal. to be physically prepared to take care of yourself and your family in case of an emergency.

try looking at pictures of yourself from when you were smaller and fit. Set your goal towards that picture. It's a great motivator as you once looked that good you can do it again.If you can do it with a partner or together with someone a side bet who loses the most or just doing it together is fun and gives you moral support. Buy the book The Biggest Loser Family Cook Book, it's filled with tips as well as recipes. Walmart has it Cheap for 1/2 price Look at yourself in the mirror< that one always blows my mind. It makes me want to barfStepping on the scale even makes it more depressing, but these days it's nice to see the weight come off. Only weight yourself once a week, same time of day and in the nude if possible. The #1 thing is to Jounral your thoughts and feelings in a book or blog. It helps release tension and stress of dieting. There will be times that you will give in or gain, that is okay. Just remember to Start again and get back on tract. Maybe later I will add other stuff, but I like the idea of this thread El Guapo wtg

yeah unfortunately a deep seeded hatred of oneself can also be alleviated for a short period by eating an ass ton of food. its a fine line I suppose.oh, guapo: you gotta set goals and have reasons for those goals. for example, you get prepared for survival situations as we've been talking about in the other thread, but would you be physically prepared? I doubt you would fatty. so make that a goal. to be physically prepared to take care of yourself and your family in case of an emergency.
I'm not 300 lbs or anything. Good god man. I understand the principles. Maybe I didn't make the premise of the thread straight forward enough. I go to the gym occasionally, do a little here and there. What I am looking for is some people who I can talk to that have a common goal. I tried a bet with my buddy 2 years ago. He quit. So it didn't really do either of us any good in the long run. I don't live close to any friends who can be workout partners anymore, so I need some like minded people to share some accountability with.If it's loogie sending me a PM every day reminding me that I'm fat, so be it. But he does that anyways, and it's obv not helping.If say you Me, Mex, Blue and a couple others set a goal and the misfortune of missing that goal be some horrible form of forum humiliation, then maybe that will help. I am looking for ideas and partners in my endeavor.

Ok serious answer... there's been joking already about the naked pics thing, but actually, why not take very pictures of yourself naked? Or maybe in boxer shorts then... very clear, from a few different angles, in bright light, and then use it as motivation? Brutal honesty is sometimes best, and the camera doesn't lie.Repeat weekly.For added motivation, it's January, and just think of a goal to improve for the summer. Look at the photos, and think what you're going to look like on the beach, come July.*edit - I was writing this at the same time you posted.. seems you're not as fat as I thought, and you're looking for more competitive motivation, but meh.. could still work in some respect.

*edit - I was writing this at the same time you posted.. seems you're not as fat as I thought, and you're looking for more competitive motivation, but meh.. could still work in some respect.
Thanks?I am probably 215 right now. A few months ago I was doing good and got down to the 205 range. I would like to be 185ish. Not sure at this point of my life what my ideal weight is. I have put on quite a bit of muscle in the past 5- years. My wife and I have done the pictures thing, I guess it helps. Oh I'm 6' fwiw, so you have some frame of reference.
I'm not 300 lbs or anything. Good god man. I understand the principles. Maybe I didn't make the premise of the thread straight forward enough. I go to the gym occasionally, do a little here and there. What I am looking for is some people who I can talk to that have a common goal. I tried a bet with my buddy 2 years ago. He quit. So it didn't really do either of us any good in the long run. I don't live close to any friends who can be workout partners anymore, so I need some like minded people to share some accountability with.If it's loogie sending me a PM every day reminding me that I'm fat, so be it. But he does that anyways, and it's obv not helping.If say you Me, Mex, Blue and a couple others set a goal and the misfortune of missing that goal be some horrible form of forum humiliation, then maybe that will help. I am looking for ideas and partners in my endeavor.
whatever fatty, you know and I know you'll never survive the apocalypse with that spare tire.

Even if you type a sentence or 2 here to remind yourself daily. Make a simple goal like 2 lbs a week, or if maintaining weight 1 lb a week. You can log here what exercise you did, or what recipe you made or even you noticed that your pants are now too big. For me I don't see the weight I lost however my clothes are very loose fitting. My friends are noticing. You need to note the compliaments in the blogs but if someone also sugguest something take note of that as well. Maybe like increasing water intake or more push up's what ever etc.here is a link that will calculate you BMIhttp://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/BMI Categories: StandardUnderweight = <18.5 Normal weight = 18.5-24.9 Overweight = 25-29.9 Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater The BMIBMI Categories: MetericNormal weight = 18.5-24.9 Overweight = 25-29.9 Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

hey El Guapo your BMI is 29.2 just under the Obesity mark there fatty