Line Check - Return To Online Poker

I haven't played online in forever, so decided to jump in 2+2 Pokercast league 6-max last night for fun. I'm probably way out of it when it comes to MTT strategy and 6-max always feels like they're running me over. This is about 15 hands into the tournament and thus far I'm probably about averagely active at the table, but had folded around 5-6 hands in a row:feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($5.00+$0.50) t10/t20 - 6 playersCO: t1,875 Button: t2,180 SB: t1,920 BB: t2,135 UTG: t1,990 UTG+1: t1,900 (Hero)Preflop: (t30) Hero is UTG+1 with :jh:4h (6 players)UTG folds, Hero raises to t60, 3 folds, BB calls t40Flop: (t130) :ts:3h:club: (2 players)BB checks, Hero bets t80, BB calls t80Turn: (t290) :5c (2 players)BB bets t120, Hero calls t120River: (t530) :qh (2 players)BB bets t320Hero?Can people give me a line check on this, especially the turn and river? I realize I could have folded pre, but after that, it's basically the goal to get it in on the river with the 2nd nuts, right?

It was avoidable. Fold PF. If you feel like youre getting run over at 6 max its because you play hands like this in EP! Play very tight UTG, UTG+1, and very loose first in at CO and Button. When you do play EP (early in the tourney so stacks are still fairly deep), raise 4x, CO 3x and Button 2x. The reasons for the bet sizing should be obvious if you think about it a little.

It was avoidable. Fold PF. If you feel like youre getting run over at 6 max its because you play hands like this in EP! Play very tight UTG, UTG+1, and very loose first in at CO and Button. When you do play EP (early in the tourney so stacks are still fairly deep), raise 4x, CO 3x and Button 2x. The reasons for the bet sizing should be obvious if you think about it a little.
great post!
Vehemently disagree. Even at this level players arent so incompetent that K7s OOP is profitable at 100 deep.
yeah, they are. you just have to be comfortable enough to play a hand like k7ss, and there's no guarantee it's going to be oop anyways.players are so bad postflop, which is why a hand like this is okay to raise utg. i'm not saying i would do it, but there's merit to it.
yeah, they are. you just have to be comfortable enough to play a hand like k7ss, and there's no guarantee it's going to be oop anyways.players are so bad postflop, which is why a hand like this is okay to raise utg. i'm not saying i would do it, but there's merit to it.
just r/f a lot
seems to go well together!

It's 6 max so UTG+1 is technically the same as the HJ 9 handed so hands we play from the HJ we can play UTG+1 in 6 max. I'm about 50/50 on raising K7ss here and I think it's okay either way if you can play post flop. However, I'm raising to 80 preflop. As for calling the river, hell yeah I'm calling the river - never folding a king high flush on this board, if he has an ace high flush oh well that's poker.

+1 (and i'm not trying to be a dick, really wanna hear)
Because if I'm raising from early position I prefer not to have the whole table calling me which they will often do if I raise less and then I'm more likely to have to play the hand OOP post flop. If this game were higher stakes with more competent players then a smaller raise would be okay but at these stakes I like raising 4X at 10/20 especially in EP. TBH I probably wouldn't play K7s from this position in a low stakes game but I don't think it's horrible to play it.Disclaimer: If my reasoning is unsound you all know what to blame, :-)
Disclaimer: If my reasoning is unsound you all know what to blame, :-)
Your lack of a penis? :club: I understand the reason that people like to change their raise size based on posistion, but I don't really get into it that much.
Your lack of a penis? :club: I understand the reason that people like to change their raise size based on posistion, but I don't really get into it that much.
LOL @ lack of penis but not what I had in mind.I pretty much raise 4X from any position at 10/20 but at looser fishier tables I do increase my bet size in EP when it seems best to do so.Edit: you have heard the joke about the little boy and the little girl who were playing together and the little boy said "I have something down here you don't" and he showed the little girl his penis, she showed him what she had and said "well with one of these I can get all of those I want".... hehe