Wsop 2014 Here I Come, First Time In Four Years!

My last vist to the WSOP was early in the schedule, 2010. I played two $1500 buy in events and no luck in the end but I had a blast. Going for the millionaire maker and will play some of the daily deepstacks and if all goes well I will go back for the ME. Looking forward to the trip.

Anyone else going for early events?

My last vist to the WSOP was early in the schedule, 2010. I played two $1500 buy in events and no luck in the end but I had a blast. Going for the millionaire maker and will play some of the daily deepstacks and if all goes well I will go back for the ME. Looking forward to the trip.

I went early last year and the only well known person I saw was Greg Raymer. The last time I went before that was 2005 at the height of the poker boom. What a difference. In 2005 at the Gambling Exposition they had a booth that sold bobble head figurines of famous players. Go to post 96 of the link below to see what one of the figurines looked like:

http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forum/index.php?showtopic=146867&st=80

Good luck and have a lot of fun win or lose.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Bob, any sign of the 2014 WSOP contest?

Not sure if there will be a WSOP pool this year. If we do have one we'll let you know.

Bob, is FCP awarding that WSOP ME entry fee to the forum's best poker-centric screenplay again this year?

more likely the prize this year for best screenplay with be an entry into The Big One For One Drop

• Like 2

Not going.

But have a great time, and best of luck!

Oh snap!

All I need is a title.

Mine is called Queens Wild. It's about a poker pro who isn't quiet good enough to provide his wife with the lifestyle she knows she deserves. While watching the WSOP on TV, he begins to angrily rant about how bad all these sponsored, famous female players are, and how much better he thinks he is.

This gives his wife the idea to turn him into a girl in order to cash in on that Go Daddy money. At some point, he sleeps with Captain Tom (and his wife sleeps with Paul Darden).

It's kind of like Tooties meets Lana Wachowski, set in the poker world. But with stronger female characters.

• Like 1