262663 replies to this topic

#262661 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,636 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:45 PM

View PostRon_Mexico, on 17 October 2017 - 05:52 PM, said:

I was totally trolling the state. Of course he would rather coach at Nebraska and a big 5 conference for 3-4 times the money. I'm sure he's making over a million at UCF and no chance Nebraska gives him $5 million to start.

Now, the problem with places like Nebraska, Michigan, Penn Stare, etc, they are gonna forever live in the past and never get back what they had. Problem is, their fans will never lower the expectations.

Michigan and Penn State are in a much better position than Nebraska, though, because they have such a larger in-state recruiting base. Nebraska's in the middle of no where, and the states it borders aren't much better recruiting grounds. I don't know Nebraska is doomed forever to live in the past, I don't think Frost is living in the past ( even though he was an NU QB). I think his offenses are quite innovative and forward thinking, which is why I want him so badly. But I know what you mean. Nebraska fans expect us to be a top 5 program, and unless we get an absolute coaching savant, that will never happen. Riley ain't that.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#262662 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,809 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:31 PM

no reason why we can't be better than wisconsin, iowa, and minnesota. that's all anybody wants right now. start there, and the build towards the rest. we can't beat lowly, stinking, no good Iowa. its disgraceful.
Spoiler

#262663 BigDMcGee

BigDMcGee

Forum Entitlist

• Members
  • 26,636 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:36 PM

View PostSuitedAces21, on 18 October 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

no reason why we can't be better than wisconsin, iowa, and minnesota. that's all anybody wants right now.

Don't bring that loser talk in here.

I wish I was Warren Buffet, so I could make Nebraska hire scott frost and Rick Pitino.
"We are only wise in knowing that we know nothing"
-Socrates

"Dust. Wind. Dude."
-Ted Theodore Logan

"I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat,"
-Lebron James

#262664 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,809 posts

Posted Today, 04:34 AM

i said right now. you dont get back right away. i want to be a year away from being a year away. i want hope.
Spoiler

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users