2 4 Nl, 6 Max, Huge Decision On The Turn

I have been raising preflop probably at least twice a round, and have not yet shown a hand down, so i probably have an extremely loose image. Also, the BB/villian in this hand is pretty active as well, and mentally, i feel that he is looking to take a stand against me. also, for those of you who havnt played short handed NL cash games, 3 betting preflop does NOT equal a big pair. when i used to play smaller stakes at 10 cent 25 cent, or 25 cent 50 cent, reraising preflop was very rare, and if it happened, meant that the person had a big pair. here, when the guy raises me preflop, the range is pretty much just as wide as an opening raise.the question is, on the turn, when he overbets the pot, what is his range here??Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)BB ($730.10)UTG ($284.50)MP ($400)CO ($329)Hero ($446.70)SB ($288.90)Preflop: Hero is Button with 9spade.gif, 9heart.gif. 3 folds, Hero raises to $14, 1 fold, BB raises to $58, Hero calls $40.Flop: ($114) 3diamond.gif, 6heart.gif, Aspade.gif(2 players)BB bets $76, Hero calls $76.Turn: ($266) 5heart.gif(2 players)BB bets $336, Hero calls $316.70 (All-In).River: ($918.70) 2club.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: $918.70

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just a general sentiment...But you're kinda a calling station. Or at least from every post you've made thus far it involves you making some questionable call downs. Don't take offense, I know I've only seen a few of your hands.If all these calls are "right" now...I'm going to feel bad for you when these hero calls go bad.If you caught him here, congrats...mark it down...but I really don't think calling this push is going to be the right decision often enough to make it profitable.- Jordan

If you caught him here, congrats...mark it down...but I really don't think calling this push is going to be the right decision often enough to make it profitable.- Jordan
That is a pretty strange line the Villain took at that pot, but I feel like his range still includes 1010 / JJ and some Ax. On top of that, even if some of his range did have KJ / KQ in it, hes drawing decently to the river (not a huge worry).Congrats on catching him tho :club:
I'd like to know why you called the flop.
are you serious?????flop comes 3 6 A. i have 99. very very very clearly he is going to con bet eveyr flop here. are you the type of player that just folds 99 to KK here automatically when an ace hits?? because i am not. i think that folding here is terrible.
This is just a general sentiment...But you're kinda a calling station. Or at least from every post you've made thus far it involves you making some questionable call downs. Don't take offense, I know I've only seen a few of your hands.If all these calls are "right" now...I'm going to feel bad for you when these hero calls go bad.If you caught him here, congrats...mark it down...but I really don't think calling this push is going to be the right decision often enough to make it profitable.- Jordan
Who says I was right here?
are you serious?????flop comes 3 6 A. i have 99. very very very clearly he is going to con bet eveyr flop here. are you the type of player that just folds 99 to KK here automatically when an ace hits?? because i am not. i think that folding here is terrible.
I didn't say to fold, I asked for your reasoning.Stop acting like a douchebag.
Folding might be bad, fair enough. But im pretty sure calling is terrible. What are you gonna do when a Q turns?

I'd like to know what kind of a range you are putting him on here? What repopps pf OOP and continues to show strength that YOU BEAT? I can't think of a single hand here you're good vs.And in regards to the flop call, we DON'T know that its a cbet, theres a really big possibility that he has a hand like AKs, KK-JJ repopping from the bb and value betting, while we're sitting here hoping to hit a 2-outer. What was the plan with flat calling the flop bet? Is the plan to just take this to sd ui? While he doesn't neccessarily have an ace there are plenty of hands that have us crushed and we're hoping that the pp is good. I don't really understand the flop call (LET ALONE the turn call)

I have to agree wit hthe rest.You cant sit there and ask "are we gonna fold anything from 99-KK cuz of the A,. cuz thats a NO. the question here is what you put him on, cuz Its very possible for him to be making all kinds of plays here with 10,10 JJ QQ AK - A,10 Only hands you beat here are a worse PP or random facecards.But, if he's going to be making a C-bet then a turn push of +300 with random face cards, then balls to him. Cuz no way in hell i play this flop like a maniac if i hold K,Q

Does anyone else just read this and say WTF?You better have an amazing read on the guy to make calls like this.Even if he is a loose player, 1010-AA and Ax still are well within his range.Like Jordan said, if you had a good read, then congrats on making a good play, but I dont think this is a profitable decision in the long run as well.

Does anyone else just read this and say WTF?You better have an amazing read on the guy to make calls like this.Even if he is a loose player, 1010-AA and Ax still are well within his range.Like Jordan said, if you had a good read, then congrats on making a good play, but I dont think this is a profitable decision in the long run as well.
I've been saying WTF to everyone of his NL posts.I dunno if we're at the climax of an incredible upswing or what, or how he got to this level, But making calls like this Online, from online reads is pretty crazy. He obv doesnt have any poker tracker stats on the guy, just said he has been playing fairly aggressive along with him.which really tells us ZERO
I've been saying WTF to everyone of his NL posts.I dunno if we're at the climax of an incredible upswing or what, or how he got to this level, But making calls like this Online, from online reads is pretty crazy. He obv doesnt have any poker tracker stats on the guy, just said he has been playing fairly aggressive along with him.which really tells us ZERO
yeah for us to be good here tis guy has to be a nut... we're beat easily 95%+ of the time, hero is basically putting this guy on absolute air, which is hard to do unless hes played together with him for a while.generally i tend to give unknowns the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise
ok, so you called flop hoping he had KQ or KJ.turn............?if this guy has any history with you, I'd play AA here the exact same way.just saying.- Jordan
BB/villian in this hand is pretty active as well, and mentally, i feel that he is looking to take a stand against me.
This line really gets to me. "you feel he is looking to take a stand against you".... did u figure this out by his avatar changing moods?honestly. Listen to this:Last saturday playing live, a Man about 60 years old, sitting at my table, talking with me, cuz we're both regulars, says to me he got sucked out in a 20k guarantee the other day just before the money.I say, what site? he says Fullt tilt. He said he was up until 4am.The truth of the matter, is that online. You know nothing, absolutely nothing about the other player except their style of online play.so to say that u thought he was fed up with you, is absurd
ok, so you called flop hoping he had KQ or KJ.turn............?if this guy has any history with you, I'd play AA here the exact same way.just saying.- Jordan
Jordan, you are saying that you would massively overbet the pot on the turn with the nuts?? My read on the turn was that he had a striaght draw or flush draw, i didnt think any hand that beat mine would play this way.
And since Zach answered you in a nicer fashion than you deserved...Calling here is terrible. You're not ahead. If you are ahead, it's because the villain decided to get crazy. If he has a big pair and you think he's scared of the ace, raise him. Don't be the jackass that calls down here, and catches him bluffing with TT.The only justification for your play is if you saw his cards.
Jordan, you are saying that you would massively overbet the pot on the turn with the nuts?? My read on the turn was that he had a striaght draw or flush draw, i didnt think any hand that beat mine would play this way.
What evidence points to a draw here? I'm so very confused, its as if you are constantly paranoid that people are attempting to run bluffs v you
putting him on 45 here is pretty sick. I suggest playing 100-200nl tomorrow.---I said if I knew how you played, I would overbet often into you, especially if you smoothed a flop like that and I had a big hand. Overbet look suspicious to certain players, more so to you. I'm just saying this call isn't profitable in the long run. Don't post this hand if you don't want an opinion. You might be good here occasionally, great. Most of the times, you're not, even with the huge overbet.- Jordanedit -- oh you put him on 45 here...so is this a bad beat post? el i'm so confused. 45 got there on the riv. please tell me he had 45! otherwise i'll stfu and go back to just saying that turn call is bad.
Jordan,are you playing live a lot now-a-days?if so what limits/ game and how often?
no.if i do, it's either a $200 or $300 buy in, but I've bought into these 1/2 and 1/3 blind structure games for up to like $700ish, so it plays a lot higher. usually play once a week live if i do. debating whether or not to put 5 figures back online.- Jordan
no.if i do, it's either a $200 or $300 buy in, but I've bought into these 1/2 and 1/3 blind structure games for up to like $700ish, so it plays a lot higher. usually play once a week live if i do. debating whether or not to put 5 figures back online.- Jordan
werent u playing fulltime for a living?
I have been raising preflop probably at least twice a round, and have not yet shown a hand down, so i probably have an extremely loose image. Also, the BB/villian in this hand is pretty active as well, and mentally, i feel that he is looking to take a stand against me. also, for those of you who havnt played short handed NL cash games, 3 betting preflop does NOT equal a big pair. when i used to play smaller stakes at 10 cent 25 cent, or 25 cent 50 cent, reraising preflop was very rare, and if it happened, meant that the person had a big pair. here, when the guy raises me preflop, the range is pretty much just as wide as an opening raise.the question is, on the turn, when he overbets the pot, what is his range here??Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)BB ($730.10)UTG ($284.50)MP ($400)CO ($329)Hero ($446.70)SB ($288.90)Preflop: Hero is Button with 9spade.gif, 9heart.gif. 3 folds, Hero raises to $14, 1 fold, BB raises to $58, Hero calls $40.Flop: ($114) 3diamond.gif, 6heart.gif, Aspade.gif(2 players)BB bets $76, Hero calls $76.Turn: ($266) 5heart.gif(2 players)BB bets $336, Hero calls $316.70 (All-In).River: ($918.70) 2club.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: $918.70
Are you really stacking off with 99 against villian who 3 bet p-flop and you have no solid read other then you believe he wants to "take a stand"? This play isn't even questionable, it seems outright bad. Whatever "range" you put him on, your equity is HORRIBLE. He either has you drawing to two outs or he has plenty of live outs. Also, putting him on a draw is absurd. He either is on a complete bluff and maybe just happened to pick up a draw (unlikely) or has an ace with a good kicker at worse.The "Huge Decision" isn't on the turn, it's on the flop. If you call you're committing 1/4th of your stack on a ridiculously vulnerable PP that is either dominated or can become dominated by any paint card or a 10. Any turn besides a 9 is basically a bad turn, even if it's neutral. I defintley dont like peeling the flop and I hate calling this push unless I've seen villian push on a whim before.The good news is none of these players will be bluffing you anytime soon.