6010 replies to this topic

#6001 hank213

hank213

inventor of the tactical turtleneck..the tactilneck

• Members
  • 8,343 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:38 PM

View PostTheraflu, on 11 September 2014 - 09:07 PM, said:

I really didn't care for the first women-season. They weren't worse than the men, but the chance of an exciting finish never seemed to present itself. I think the men try to play it safe to stay healthy....most of the women just don't possess the talents to KO or submit. They're there to be tough, and try to slog it out, mixed with mediocre wrestling that dominates all of the girls that don't practice takedown defense. I can't remember the last TUF season I liked, but there was one anomaly stuck in the last couple years, and aside from that, it's been pretty mediocre for...3 years?

I also don't have the time I used to, and run a few days behind on the shows I do watch, so all those factors (one being watching a season's worth of female fights) add up to me not watching.

If there ends up being a lot of finishes, or just a good knockout artist, or just someone that can attempt legitimate submissions, let me know. I'll tune in eventually.

I think the Uriah Hall season was the last one I liked. And almost solely because of him, even though he's a headcase to the point where he may never succeed fully because of it. But just watching that potential, mixed with a nuclear attitude, was good television. I don't think I've liked another season of TUF in the year before or after that one.

You might want to tune in this season.

Posted Image
Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen.

#6002 AmScray

AmScray

Honk

• Members
  • 3,896 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:wrhsf235yu

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:05 PM

Anyone else watch Beltran v Newton?

Great, great fight. Newton just has more tools but it reaffirmed why I've always been a Beltran fan (even though he got k'd completely tfo and he's 3-7-1 since 2011)
Posted Image

#6003 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

You mess with the bull, you'll get the horns

• Members
  • 29,166 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:51 PM

Dammit. Missed it. I always forget to record their shows.
I make $31,000 dollars a year and I have a home.

#6004 king_tanner

king_tanner

Poker Forum C***

• Members
  • 11,089 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Crazy Pineapple hi/lo

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:43 PM

It was entertaining but both guys look pretty sloppy. Both completely looked gassed in the 3rd

QUOTE (rcgs59 @ Wednesday, January 5th, 2011, 8:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
$5,000 lol wish it was 5000

#6005 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

• Members
  • 29,166 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:46 PM

I assumed Beltran was.

I mean, does that guy have a 9-5? Because if not, lose the belly and get a gas tank for fck sake

#6006 AmScray

AmScray

Honk

• Members
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:13 AM

Made a bit back on Arlovski but will still most likely close the year down, barring a huge run and some reckless bets.

Beltran.Newton was a gas fest, Newton would be very interesting if he had gas and possibly UFC caliber but until he gets that under control, its a leak. He is essentially undefeated since 2010 (the Vegh splitter was Sanchez/Pearson'esque in its awfulness) so the numbers are there but he hasn't fought anyone that looked like they belonged in the big show. My guess is he's low level UFC gatekeeper level right now (@ HW). A Matt Mitrione type.At LHW, he's a poor-mans DC.
Posted Image

#6007 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

• Members
  • 29,166 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:47 AM

He beat King Mo twice, but that used to mean something. Not so much anymore

#6008 king_tanner

king_tanner

Poker Forum C***

• Members
  • 11,089 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:19 AM

I wouldn't ever expect Newton to be in the UFC. When he gasses in his fights he just walks around the ring with both arms down, it is really ugly to watch. He is not an elite mixed martial artist, and Bellator is a perfect spot for him.

This English guy Newton has to fight next looks ****ing nasty, I am probably going to bet on that guy.

#6009 AmScray

AmScray

Honk

• Members
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 12:32 PM

Boy do I hope Roy Nelson beats Hunto so a rematch with Arlovski makes sense...

Only man to ever knock Big Country out.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6010 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

• Members
  • 29,166 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:25 PM

That Photoshop is so good.

#6011 king_tanner

king_tanner

Poker Forum C***

• Members
  • 11,089 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:37 PM

The shit talk going on between Rockhold and Bisping is interesting. Bisping is completely destroying Rockhold. Everytime Rockhold says something Bisping just 1up's the crap out of him. I think Bisping is definitely getting in Rockhold's head. The thing that makes it interesting is Rockhold has to know that he is getting owned, but he keeps engaging in the talk.

I think it would serve Rockhold to just shut up. Don't say anything to the guy. Get off twitter. Be confident in your fighting skills and don't let anything else bother you. He should call up Dan Henderson to get some advice on how to deal with Bispings antics. Because this is not going to stop, they are going to be doing press everywhere and Bisping is going to keep trying to get in his head.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users