All In Magazine Launches

I was almost ready to completely dismiss the magazine. I mean c'mon, I don't want to be all-in a bunch. Plus Ben Affleck as the cover boy. Not that I have anything against him but doesn't he already have enough magazine covers. But then I noticed that they had articles from Chris Ferguson and Howard Lederer. Reading stuff from the professor of poker is pretty appealing so I might pick up a copy.

Yah I was pretty skeptical myself especially since I get super annoyed when people say "oh, you play poker? sweet dude. all-in!!!!" ugh.... *sigh* and here I am ordering all in magazine lol.Regardless any articles I can read about the game I am considering an added benefit to the never ending realm of poker information. As such I see it only as a benefit regardless of whether the magazine ends up being poor or not.Hopefully it'll end up pretty decent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was really impressed with my first issue (Chris Ferg.) on the cover. Lots of good insite, informative news, and interviews. Lots of strategy pages. Not like card player with different topics. The Strat. had a theme and this issue was about Bluffing. Excellent.All In is from the guys at FULLTILTPOKER. Excellent read. I recommend to all!!!Not bad Shana Hiatt (centerfold). Tasteful.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone seen the other new one out there? It is Called Sportscrew poker news. It has some of the better writters and the strategy is helpful. There was a copy at my table and i glanced through it. pretty good, and there site says Daniel is going to be on the cover next month with an interview.

I was really impressed with my first issue (Chris Ferg.) on the cover.  Lots of good insite, informative news, and interviews.  Lots of strategy pages.  Not like card player with different topics.  The Strat. had a theme and this issue was about Bluffing.  Excellent.All In is from the guys at FULLTILTPOKER.  Excellent read.  I recommend to all!!!Not bad Shana Hiatt (centerfold).  Tasteful.
I liked the balance of basic strategy and thematic articles, but the typos were jumping off the page. If this magazine is going to compete and retain intelligent readers, it needs a copy editor/chief proofreader badly. The layout looked so professional that it was a real disappointment to see miscues such as "incoporate" and names being botched (a player was alternately referred to as "Jesse" and "Jessie" in the same article).They seem to have attracted some top-shelf advertisers already. With a few more regular staff members, All In might have some real staying power.