Daniel, Are You Racist Or Just A Plain Ignorant White Man?

Daniel,Do you know what "Black Face" means? Do you know its history? Do you know how much of a disappointment your latest video blog was? I mean sure, for the average poker playing white male, its probably funny. But if you were doing it as a publicity stunt, you might as well have played russian roulette with a loaded gun. At least that way i wouldnt feel as if you made a racial AND cultural joke out of your 15 minutes of fame per month. I mean, i dont really give a damn if all the white males around the world disagree with me.....Ask Ivey how he really feels about it? Ask your any black male.....Ask Paul Darden, Ask David Williams, go to toronto and see if you can get away with that! Until now, i had nothing but the utmost respect for you.....But now.....you have disappointed me so much. Honestly, i dont think you thought about your actions....And as a poker player, I would have thought you would act differently.....So hungry to make entertainment that you'll make enemies? Was that your intentions? And Caucasian males cant say anything....I mean, lets be real.....You may have a point of view, but how valid is it in this conversation? I mean....did he disrespect you? No, did he imitate you? No.....And Daniel, Im sure you will receive lots of unwanted attention from this, and i would go so far to suggest a TV public apology. I mean....to be honest, that would be the only thing that would help me keep cool in this situation. You should have thought about it before you did it. Now, I throw you in a boat almost as deep as Kramer.....If you dont care, you'll do nothing. If you do care, I'd be suprised.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You were killing this thread six years ago, man. Killing it. Some of the comments in defense of blackface (or whatever, I don't now, I couldn't track the origin of the debate very well), are just...?

One of the funniest people I have never met.   I miss this place. I may just come back.   We will see.

Oh please. Someone take the stick out of this dudes ***. The video was hilarious. (AND I'M BLACK)I don't even believe the thread starter is serious, it's a gimmick account trying to start bs. If he is serious, GET A SENSE OF HUMOR, it was comedy skit!

Gimmick? Right?No.....Have you no history?Blackface is a style of theatrical makeup that originated in the United States, used to affect the countenance of an iconic, racist American archetype — that of the darky or coon. Blackface also refers to a genre of musical and comedic theatrical presentation in which blackface makeup is worn. White blackface performers in the past used burnt cork and later greasepaint or shoe polish to blacken their skin and exaggerate their lips, often wearing woolly wigs, gloves, tailcoats, or ragged clothes to complete the transformation.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackface television's first real view of African-Americans came from that same minstrel tradition. It was 1951 when two black actors became television's first African American stars in "The Amos and Andy Show," which actually began as a radio show -- with two white actors playing a pair of comically uneducated southern black men. "Amos and Andy" was America's highest-rated radio show and became equally popular on television - without ever altering its crudely racist content."Amos and Andy" arose out of an even earlier tradition of stereotypical entertainment that started in the 19th century: the minstrel show. The tradition began in the early 1800s on stage, with white actors using burnt corks to darken their skin - a method that became known as "black-face" - allowing them to portray African-American slaves, usually as lazy, child-like providers of comic relief. This evolved into Vaudeville-style parody shows consisting of songs, dances and comic repartee performed by white actors made up as blacks.The father of the American minstrel show was Thomas Dartmouth "Daddy" Rice, who in the 1830s drew immense popularity with a song-and-dance routine in which he impersonated an old, crippled black slave named Jim Crow. In New York City, the act of "Tambo and Bones" was one of the Manhattan stage's biggest draws. These shows introduced some of Africa's musical instruments - especially the banjo - to white audiences for the first time.After the Civil War, black entertainers themselves began to enter the tradition -- appearing in black-face makeup themselves and forming their own minstrel theatres - taking with them the caricatures and stereotypes created by the white performers. Perhaps the first major black minstrel success was Brooker and Clayton's Georgia Minstrels, who hailed themselves in their advertising as "The Only Simon Pure Negro Troupe in the World." In 1876, the black group known as Callendar's Minstrels broke the mold, and became the first African-American minstrel band to perform without black-face.Although the minstrel shows began to decline at the turn of the century, the tradition was continued in the newfangled entertainment forms of movies and radio. Early silent films continued to cast white actors in black-face as shiftless, lazy, comical characters. One of the most popular characters of the silent film era became the "Uncle Tom," a head-scratching old black man portrayed by white actors in such films as For Massa's Sake, Ten Pickaninnies and The Wooing and Wedding of A Coon . Other popular film stereotypes included the big, waddling black woman, often known as Mammy, who chased her man with a cast-iron skillets; and the chicken-stealing, shifty-eyed black hooligan, frequently named Rufus or Rastus. One of the most shocking examples of black-face in the silent era came in D.W. Griffith's Birth of a Nation, in which cinema's largest early audiences were subjected to vivid images of white actors in black faces raping, stealing and threatening the people of the South.

We will never be able to move past Americas awful past if we dont grow a sense of humor. I truly don't believe Daniel was doing this to hurt anyone, he's a guy with a sense of humor who was brought up in a place where race doesnt matter as much....News flush kiddies black, white, red, yellow. blue, green or pink we're alll the same and the rest of the world isnt so hung up on race just the US. Further more, yea it looked like black face but it was an accident, no one gets mad when dave chappelle powders his face, talks like a dork, and says hes white its funny and so what daniels skit. grow up everyone

Daniel,Do you know what "Black Face" means? Do you know its history? Do you know how much of a disappointment your latest video blog was? I mean sure, for the average poker playing white male, its probably funny. But if you were doing it as a publicity stunt, you might as well have played russian roulette with a loaded gun. At least that way i wouldnt feel as if you made a racial AND cultural joke out of your 15 minutes of fame per month. I mean, i dont really give a damn if all the white males around the world disagree with me.....Ask Ivey how he really feels about it? Ask your any black male.....Ask Paul Darden, Ask David Williams, go to toronto and see if you can get away with that! Until now, i had nothing but the utmost respect for you.....But now.....you have disappointed me so much. Honestly, i dont think you thought about your actions....And as a poker player, I would have thought you would act differently.....So hungry to make entertainment that you'll make enemies? Was that your intentions? And Caucasian males cant say anything....I mean, lets be real.....You may have a point of view, but how valid is it in this conversation? I mean....did he disrespect you? No, did he imitate you? No.....And Daniel, Im sure you will receive lots of unwanted attention from this, and i would go so far to suggest a TV public apology. I mean....to be honest, that would be the only thing that would help me keep cool in this situation. You should have thought about it before you did it. Now, I throw you in a boat almost as deep as Kramer.....If you dont care, you'll do nothing. If you do care, I'd be suprised.
Been here already. This isn't even yesterday's news anymore. No need for another thread. This is a dead issue. :club: We don't care any longer about whether or not you or anyone liked this vlog. Best course of action for you is to find another forum to post in bacause I am sure Daniel has posted all the apologies he is going to on this topic. Move on! Get the point?
Been here already. This isn't even yesterday's news anymore. No need for another thread. This is a dead issue. :club: We don't care any longer about whether or not you or anyone liked this vlog. Best course of action for you is to find another forum to post in bacause I am sure Daniel has posted all the apologies he is going to on this topic. Move on! Get the point?
AMEN BROTHER!!! PREACH PREACH
And Caucasian males cant say anything....I mean, lets be real.....You may have a point of view, but how valid is it in this conversation? I mean....did he disrespect you? No, did he imitate you? No.....
So I guess that only homosexual judges are qualified to make rulings in cases that deals with discrimination of people based on their sexuality. Only female judges has a saying in cases that deals with gender discrimination. And all cases that deals with Native Americans should be sent to the offended tribe for a decision. Good to know that it isnt racist to claim that only people with the same skin color as yourself has a valid argument.

Yeah, I feel that not telling a joke because it is about a black guy, or a woman, or a retarded person, or anything along those lines is more ignorant than telling it because you are actually discriminating against that particular race. Telling a joke about a SPECIFIC PERSON is different. People need to realize that there is one race, the human race. Get over yourself.

Replying to Reparations, Are You a Race Baiter Or Just Someone With Extreme Anger Issues
you must love this: