Ok so villain is decent but i feel his line is mostly weak hands or missed draws , should i try and fire on the river? could i take it down on the river the few times i need to be a +ev, i dont need it to work too much. Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 587746The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterPre Flop: (1.4 SB) Hero is CO with 8 :club: A :diamond:UTG calls, 1 fold, Hero raises, BTN 3-bets, 2 folds, UTG calls, Hero callsFlop: (10.4 SB) 4 :5c 7 :ts J :3h(3 players)UTG checks, Hero checks, BTN bets, UTG calls, Hero callsTurn: (6.7 BB) K :4h(3 players)UTG bets, Hero calls, BTN foldsRiver: (8.7 BB) 3 :qh(2 players)UTG checks, Hero checksBlank river, and a check from him kinda looked like a spot to stab, i have very little showdown value imo

I think you beat a lot here (missed flush/straight draws) and it's unlilkely you get any feasible better hands to fold. Maybe 3x or 4x with a diamond draws or something weird, I wouldn't bank on even folding that from someone who limps UTG. I'd just be thankful for a cheap showdown.

Taking into account the action, list hands we get to fold that we beat. We've taken an extremely passive line postflop so our hand looks weak too, I'd be surprised if any pairs above a 7 folded. You're left with 3 Ax hands, 22, 55, 66 and 3x and 4x which make absolutely no sense unless they are 4xdd, 3xdd of which are very few combos. I'm really not convinced you get them to fold either. Just check it back and hope to win against all his silly gutshots and unpaired flush draws. If he does show up with something like 22 it's weird but I'd never expect him to fold it if hep layed it like that.Also, you describe him as good, he's limping under the gun and donking the turn, I doubt he's good.Regarding raising the turn, it's a possibility for sure but I think I'd prefer to keep the button in the hand, adding to the size of the pot and play our draw for what it is. I don't think we have much fold equity against UTG when he donks turn so raising doesn't achieve much expect us putting in money bad.Reasons for raising the turn are when we think we might have the best hand enough to FSDR and get the button to fold out a lot of better hands. I can see this being okay.

yah i did play it rather passive to be honest, i was new at the table mostly so my read wasn't very good, i guess i tried to play it far too safe, plus a raise on the turn could set up a possible suicide bet on the river and win a lot more % the time. V had q7 off here, so i guess it may be slightly results oriented to think i could win the hand, but it was kinda what i had him on. idk. I have told people to not suicide bet in the past, and for once i thought i kinda saw a spot to do it in.

Flop call is good. Do not raise the turn, and just check the river behind. Board isn't threatening enough for anyone to fold a pair, and your line looks like a missed draw.

fold flop
escalante! I didnt know you where even on here!