your move?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Poll: your move? (0 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 bdc30

bdc30

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,407 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 12:42 AM

sorry guys, the converter hates me I think...I've cleaned it up as best I can though.Early in my session I pick up Pocket Kings in middleposition...what do you do on the flop?Texas Hold'em $2-$2 NL (real money), #1,135,944,672 Table Izmir, 4 Aug 2005 4:14 AM ET PRE-FLOP2 folds, Villain 1 ($193) bets $8, Villain 2 ($178) calls $8, MP calls $8, Hero ($280) (K :D K :club: ) calls $8, 2 folds, SB calls $7, BB folds.FLOP 7 :D ,8 :D ,Q :) (pot $42)SB checks, V1 bets $26, V2 calls $26, MPfolds, hero.... EDIT---now with chipstack sizes...lol

#2 Canada

Canada

High Priest of the Church of Perpetual Spanking

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 01:02 AM

bdc30 said:

sorry guys, the converter hates me I think...I've cleaned it up as best I can though.Early in my session I pick up Pocket Kings in middleposition...what do you do on the flop?Texas Hold'em $2-$2 NL (real money),  #1,135,944,672  Table Izmir, 4 Aug 2005 4:14 AM ET      PRE-FLOP2 folds, Villain 1 bets $8, Villain 2 calls $8, MP calls $8,  Hero (K :D  K :club: ) calls $8, 2 folds, SB calls $7, BB folds.FLOP  7 :D ,8 :D ,Q :)   (pot $42)SB checks, V1 bets $26, V2 calls $26, MPfolds, hero....      
hero...realises that he forgot to post stack sizes and reads.also kicks himself for not reraising preflop
"I was under the impression that if it wasn't for the moons gravitational pull the ocean would just float into the air" Loismustdiet

"I enjoy watchin people make fulls of themselves." Mattnxtc

#3 looshle

looshle

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 01:03 AM

We need stack sizes, but you need a decent sized raise right here, I doubt your stack would be deep enough to make a big enough raise without committing you to the pot so I would probably say all in, without having the sizes of everyones stack. RE RAISE PREFLOP

#4 bdc30

bdc30

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,407 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 01:10 AM

stack sizes are there now, sorryearly in session no good reads really

#5 creepy20

creepy20

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Interests:poker, xbox, sports , politics , church , history, guitar.

Posted 04 August 2005 - 01:50 AM

you really don't want so many going to the flop with you. Why didn't you reraise the flop?? a significant amount too. Well since you didn't reraise before the flop then you need to make a big bet here on the flop ( shut the flush out get it down heads up ).. i might even move in.

#6 creepy20

creepy20

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Interests:poker, xbox, sports , politics , church , history, guitar.

Posted 04 August 2005 - 01:58 AM

you really don't want so many going to the flop with you. Why didn't you reraise the flop?? a significant amount too. Well since you didn't reraise before the flop then you need to make a big bet here on the flop ( shut the flush out get it down heads up ).. i might even move in.

#7 BeanGW

BeanGW

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,480 posts
  • Interests:Women, booze, and gambling

Posted 04 August 2005 - 04:42 AM

Without a nice big PF reraise it's pretty hard to figure what I'd do on the flop.But, IMHO, if you are going to bet this flop, you have to overbet and make the draws pay. I think the only way to realistically accomplish this, and fully employ your fold equity would be to push. Unless they've got a set, they'd be making a mistake to call.Although this would be much easier if you had the redraw to the King of hearts, I think a push is still probably the appropriate play. I can't see folding an overpair to the board.... especially since the aggression could be coming from A-Q, and the call could be coming from a draw. You are ahead very often here, and should push out the draws.

#8 ....Ian....

....Ian....

'The fuck you jus call me bish?

• Members
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 05:40 AM

i didnt see a vote for "go back in time and pre-flop raise cuz you got Pocket Kangs!"why let Ace-9 suited spike a cheap ace on you?????????

#9 allinbluff35

allinbluff35

Inevitably Running Bad

• Members
  • 9,505 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 05:56 AM

allin preflop when the action gets to you
Only after you have lost everything, are you free to do anything.

#10 princeof56k

princeof56k

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 06:04 AM

I push all-in preflop here. The pots not bad here and I dont want to go to a flop with this many people. Besides if you get called (and you probably will), you're ahead of everything except AA.

#11 mk

mk

nord-américain racaille

• Members
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 06:16 AM

All-in pre-flop.

#12 MichaelShakes

MichaelShakes

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 06:26 AM

:shock:

#13 looshle

looshle

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 06:30 AM

All in preflop? Are you guys serious?? Is anyone around here afraid to play poker anymore? It goes raised to $8, called twice, and people are suggesting to bet $280?? Raise it big preflop, like 50-70.

#14 allinbluff35

allinbluff35

Inevitably Running Bad

• Members
  • 9,505 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 06:34 AM

looshle said:

All in preflop? Are you guys serious?? Is anyone around here afraid to play poker anymore? It goes raised to $8, called twice, and people are suggesting to bet $280??  Raise it big preflop, like 50-70.
there's $31 in the pot before hero even gets his chance to act, that's 15bb's, I'll push in evertime here.

#15 mk

mk

nord-américain racaille

• Members
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 06:35 AM

everytime

#16 allinbluff35

allinbluff35

Inevitably Running Bad

• Members
  • 9,505 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 06:37 AM

shut up

#17 looshle

looshle

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 06:38 AM

allinbluff35 said:

looshle said:

All in preflop? Are you guys serious?? Is anyone around here afraid to play poker anymore? It goes raised to $8, called twice, and people are suggesting to bet $280??  Raise it big preflop, like 50-70.
there's $31 in the pot before hero even gets his chance to act, that's 15bb's, I'll push in evertime here.
You want calls here by AQ, AJ, TT. You're losing money by making such a huge overbet.

#18 mk

mk

nord-américain racaille

• Members
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 06:38 AM

i wasn't correcting you. i was agreeing.

#19 mk

mk

nord-américain racaille

• Members
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 06:40 AM

looshle said:

allinbluff35 said:

looshle said:

You want calls here by AQ, AJ, TT. You're losing money by making such a huge overbet.
No. You want as much money in the pot as possible and as few opponents as possible. Push.

#20 looshle

looshle

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 06:42 AM

mk said:

looshle said:

allinbluff35 said:

looshle said:

No. You want as much money in the pot as possible and as few opponents as possible. Push.
You're losing a lot of money if you make plays like this every time. like they say it's about $ not pots. But I mean, if you like losing money continue with the massive overbets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users