Weird Hand...how Would You Play It?

Dealt KhKcBamtide88 Posts Ante 150.00WHYTHATFACE Posts Ante 150.00dojoonim Posts Ante 150.00josharmstrng Posts Ante 150.00glynnc Posts Ante 150.00Bamtide88 Posts SB 750.00WHYTHATFACE Posts BB 1500.00dojoonim Foldsjosharmstrng Raised to 3000.00glynnc Calls 3000.00Bamtide88 Calls 2250.00WHYTHATFACE FoldsFlop:Qs 10s 9hBamtide88 Checksjosharmstrng Checksglynnc Bets 3000.00Bamtide88 Calls 3000.00josharmstrng All In 18444.00glynnc Raised to 33888.00Bamtide88 Foldsjosharmstrng KhKcglynnc Ks Jsjosharmstrng Outglynnc Won 51138.00 from Pot 1 with King High Straightglynnc Won 15444.00 from Pot 2 with King High Straight

3bet preflop.i mean with how you played the hand preflop and on the flop the fold is okay.stack sizes would very helpful too.edit: it's not a clear cut and dry 3bet preflop. looks like there's a shorty in the hand who's capable of squeezing so i honestly don't mind a flat. but stats would be useful as well.stats and other stack sizes. gogogogogo

I might be missing something but it looks to me like the original poster was the opener before the flop and was flatted by the button and the small blind? Stack sizes would be helpful, but i definitely don't mind opening this kind of hand here in general... however on this texture of flop with 18k behind in this 10k pot I think I would prefer to bet and get it in...

Oh, my bad. I thought you called preflop. I guess I don't hate a check/shove with your stacksize, but you'll get more value by bet/calling. Usually the standard thing to do here would be to bet/call. Or bet the flop and jam the turn if you get flatted. Another option is too jam preflop. Tough hand, but there's no point in this hand where you're ever folding.

I think that on this board texture, after the small blind checks the flop, it actually gets checked around a fair amount if you check to the button. This just seems like a disaster to me with 18k in a 10k pot... Many players will check back a pretty wide range on really wet flops like this not wanting to get blown off equity, and checking not only gives free cards but severely hurts our chances of getting it in here and realizing 70% equity vs hands like Jack Queen, in addition to that we want to build a pot so we can jam a lot of turn cards... whether or not to jam before the flop we should be considering which tournament we are playing and the strength of our opponents (are we ever balancing our range here? and if not do we need to be against these opponents?), and obviously our history with these opponents as well as short term image at the table and of course stack sizes. I apologize for being long winded I tend to ramble :club:

No no I think everything you said is spot on. Betting this flop is definitely the best option given our stack size. I guess if you knew the guy in front of you was a monkey and fires any flop if checked to then there's merit to checking so we can get a little more value out of our hand. But yeah, this seems like a pretty standard bet/call.Totally agree with pre-flop as well. Player tendencies and history is going to be a big factor on whether to jam or minraise here. I'm going to assume this is a smaller buy-in tourney though, so I think minraising allows us to get the most value out of our hand.

convert hands, this is totally necessary.KK opened and got flatted in two spots? On flop, there's a bet and a call and the KK shoves, yes? If you fold the KK, you have 12BBs left in your stack, easy shove.also, don't post results of hand, it makes replies biased based on results.

Thats exactly what heppened Jam-Fly...someone said after the hand was over that it was the worst playt with Kings in that spot and I just couldn't see anyway of playing it defferntly...just wanted your guys opions...thanks for your thoughts

• 2 weeks later...

Not much you could do here except open for more since you have the smaller stack and we 'know' you want to get it in anyway. Sure you want a pot built up with KK, but you only bet the pot (3000) and being 5-handed that opens up the ranges for the other 3 to act behind you to get into the hand as well. That may have been the standard raise for this table so you would have been giving a lot of information away with an 'unusually' higher bump. Being shorter, you should make them pay more to 'fish' since they can get away from you on the Flop 'cheap' if they don't hit.You love it when the KJ makes this call, but you went from 85% to 2% to win with 10% chop outs in a hurry!! Do you lead out on the Flop, probably as I can't see you folding KK here, even though this is one of those boards that makes your heart sink a little when you do have AA or KK and why risk the free card to 2 opponents who you really don't know where they are? (Which really doesn't matter anyway ... you are putting your chips in). You actually would have got some extra chips here from the SB if you win the pot by checking, so that is not a bad option either.The only place someone can get on you here is pre-Flop IMO ... It is possible that KJ folds to a larger raise, but the SB doesn't. But with such a strong hand you want the call so how could someone say it was a bad play ... only a bad result. To each their own ...

• Like 1