• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dingas

dingas

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:19 PM

This was a $1-$2 lhe game online. It was 5-handed at the time of this hand.I was dealt KhQs UTG.I opened for a raise, CO 3-bet, button folded, SB folded, BB called, I called.Flop was AdQh3hBB bet, I raised, CO called, BB called.Turn was 9cBB checked, I bet, CO raised, BB called, I folded.
я никогда не поверю в перемену погоды

#2 antistuff

antistuff

monotonously monotonous

• Members
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:29 PM

i don't really like the flop raise all that much. i think you should fold.however, with the CO calling two on the flop like that i like betting that turn even less.
QUOTE ( Barry Greenstein)
Successful gamblers are compulsive winners.

#3 robinho1873

robinho1873

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:No limit texas hold 'em

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:47 PM

View Postdingas, on Saturday, January 17th, 2009, 3:19 AM, said:

This was a $1-$2 lhe game online. It was 5-handed at the time of this hand.I was dealt KhQs UTG.I opened for a raise, CO 3-bet, button folded, SB folded, BB called, I called.Flop was AdQh3hBB bet, I raised, CO called, BB called.Turn was 9cBB checked, I bet, CO raised, BB called, I folded.
Agreed with above poster. The flop is an instafold and as played I think the turn is definetly a check fold. At best your up against AK, at worst, trip aces from the CO. His cold call on the flop reaks of strength.

#4 Viper_13

Viper_13

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • Interests:Losing
  • Favorite Poker Game:LHE

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:56 PM

what were your thoughts when you raised the flop?
QUOTE(RabidTortuga @ Thursday, May 29th, 2008, 10:44 PM) View Post
See, that's what I like about poker. Even the mildly retarded can play.

#5 TheCinciKid

TheCinciKid

Micro Limit Superstar

• Members
  • 3,452 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Baseball, Poker, The Bengals, Poker, Golf, Poker, Movies, Poker, Fantasy Sports, and a little Politics and Current Events.
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Hold'em

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:56 PM

It's been two years since I've played shorthanded 1/2, but I think I fold this on the flop. At most I'm calling and seeing what develops, but we're out of position and most likely drawing very thin. I'm pretty sure I fold.
"If you're too careful, your whole life can become a ****in' grind." - Mike McDermott, Rounders

my (resurrected) poker blog:
http://cincikid.blogspot.com

#6 GUGA KUERTEN

GUGA KUERTEN

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Tennis, All other sports
  • Favorite Poker Game:HORSE and LIMIT HOLD`EM

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:17 PM

View Postrobinho1873, on Saturday, January 17th, 2009, 8:47 PM, said:

Agreed with above poster. The flop is an instafold and as played I think the turn is definetly a check fold. At best your up against AK, at worst, trip aces from the CO. His cold call on the flop reaks of strength.
I agree 100% the CO flop call is scary

#7 pg_780

pg_780

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Hold'em (ShortHanded)

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:30 PM

View Postdingas, on Friday, January 16th, 2009, 8:19 PM, said:

I don't hate the raise on the flop...you could concievably have the best hand and you want to find out right there if you do. However, once the cutoff cold calls your raise I'd shut it right down. You can only beat the BB if he was leading out with a flush draw or weaker queen, and the CO's cold call means AA or QQ--basically. The only flush draw CO could have had is KJ hearts--quite unlikely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users