I figured villain's range was a J or pair lower. I didn't think he would bet a draw into that many people...(is this wrong thinking?)I was going for another check raise on the turn cause I figured he would bet to protect against giving a free card. Totally through me off when he checked behind. River I figured I could still get value out of a lot of hands that he would normally check behind. I will admit I lost control by the turn though....PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.comPreflop: Hero is BB with 7[:spade:], 5[:club:]. 2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, 1 fold, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.Flop: (6 SB) 7[:diamond:], J[:diamond:], 7[:heart:] (6 players)SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 bets, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, Hero raises, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.Turn: (5 BB) 4[:spade:] (2 players)Hero checks, MP2 checks.River: (5 BB) 6[:diamond:] (2 players)Hero bets, MP2 calls.Final Pot: 7 BB

I was going for another check raise on the turn cause I figured he would bet to protect against giving a free card. Totally through me off when he checked behind.
No surprise to me he checked unless your information on Villain was he was a heavy duty post flop aggro. your check/raise on the flop is representing the 3rd 7 and he would have to be a fool to bet into that turn with anything less than JJ or the third 7 himself with a decent kicker.I think the only way a C/R works on the turn is if you had merely called the flop and even then, with the scary board and the fact you only had to check your big blind preflop tells Villain you could have anything including that 3rd 7 as you did. Even with a simple call on the flop there is a high percentage of probability he checks the turn, the probability being that he does have the jack, tries the flop bet to take it down right there and then will go into a check/call mode to showdown.You gave up an extra big bet on this pot, but the next time I'm sure you won't and you can take solace in the fact that you actually won a pot with 57o in the big blind and I would daresay that when you first saw those cards you really didn't think you would be doing anything except folding postflop. Ahh the bb special is nice when you can hit it, but when you do, never give up any money with it trying to be fancy. NH
No surprise to me he checked unless your information on Villain was he was a heavy duty post flop aggro. your check/raise on the flop is representing the 3rd 7 and he would have to be a fool to bet into that turn with anything less than JJ or the third 7 himself with a decent kicker.I think the only way a C/R works on the turn is if you had merely called the flop and even then, with the scary board and the fact you only had to check your big blind preflop tells Villain you could have anything including that 3rd 7 as you did. Even with a simple call on the flop there is a high percentage of probability he checks the turn, the probability being that he does have the jack, tries the flop bet to take it down right there and then will go into a check/call mode to showdown.You gave up an extra big bet on this pot, but the next time I'm sure you won't and you can take solace in the fact that you actually won a pot with 57o in the big blind and I would daresay that when you first saw those cards you really didn't think you would be doing anything except folding postflop. Ahh the bb special is nice when you can hit it, but when you do, never give up any money with it trying to be fancy. NH
ya I started realizing my line of thinking through the hand didn't add up immediately after it was over. I just feel like I have been missing a lot of value lately and I'm trying to find out how to max it. You can only say, "that was a cooler" so many times before it starts warping your mind and you think you are doing something wrong.