I have to say that this was one of the worst movies I have ever seen! Right up there with English patient in terms of nothing happening.......I was hoping it was going to be Good Will Hunting 2, in that Matt Damon would be 'talented' in some way.

I have to say that this was one of the worst movies I have ever seen! Right up there with English patient in terms of nothing happening.......I was hoping it was going to be Good Will Hunting 2, in that Matt Damon would be 'talented' in some way.
Meh...I liked TTMR. Thought it was pretty clever with good performances from all of the leads. Pretty solid cast too by the way, Damon, Jude Law, Gwenyth and Philip Seymour-Hoffman. Throw in a couple of classic character actors in James Rebhorn and Phillip Baker Hall...helluva flick.
Wow, remind me to never listen to your review of a movie. Damon's best performance ever and an absolutely amazing film.

Daniel-two of my favorite blogs of yours (or at least the two that jump out when I think of your blog), are the the ones about Citizen Kane and the one about 24 being a drug. I love poker, but I find it much more interesting to read your take on entertainment stuff. I loved how you compared 24 to a drug-it was a great read. I just reread your Citizen Kane blog and I enjoyed how you gave us your insights into different shows (including your opinions on all of the Lost characters).My question is have you seen season 3 of Lost yet? And what season of 24 are you on?

Wow, remind me to never listen to your review of a movie. Damon's best performance ever and an absolutely amazing film.
You obviously havent seen Team America:World Police.
Well I can't comment negatively on Damon's acting because he's not physically able to act badly, but to me the script was dull. Better acting than Good Will Hunting? And ROUNDERS?Am I the only one who find Jude Law annoying?

I haven't see the Mr Ripley movie yet but there's another movie I just saw with Matt Damon in it and I'm darned if I can remember the name of it now. It's not any of the ones mentioned. Alzheimers is setting in because I can't even remember much of the plot now,lol which doesn't help much in identifying it. I'll just have to go to his website and figure it out I guess,lol. That's what happens when ya get old.

I'm an idiot Bourne Ultimatum. I feel like a dummy now,lol. Edit: He was in Dogma too. How did I miss that? That movie was hysterical though my husband was offended by it. Which is really funny since I'm a Christian and he's not.

I thought TTMR was a fantastic movie, really something unique in the vast sea of mediocrity that is usually out there. It almost got me to read the book (series). Almost. Actually, someday I do hope to get to the books. It's a fascinating character.

LOL, 'Daniel, you're the shitt. I remember this film, I was always stunned that he didn't get an Academy award nomination that year because I thought it was the best performance of the year honestly, at least my favorite performance. I thought the movie was excellent, I think it was kind of tied whether he was better in this movie or Good Will Hunting. It was also a brave role during a time when Ben Affleck was busy trying to make blockbusters and Damon went the other way for substantive roles. Excellent film/
LOL, 'Daniel, you're the shitt. I remember this film, I was always stunned that he didn't get an Academy award nomination that year because I thought it was the best performance of the year honestly, at least my favorite performance. I thought the movie was excellent, I think it was kind of tied whether he was better in this movie or Good Will Hunting. It was also a brave role during a time when Ben Affleck was busy trying to make blockbusters and Damon went the other way for substantive roles. Excellent film
It was an extremely brave role choice. Actors, those are the real heros.
role during a time when Ben Affleck was busy trying to make blockbusters and Damon went the other way for substantive roles. Excellent film/It was an extremely brave role choice. Actors, those are the real heros.
lol
I just watched the movie last night. Does anyone have a pic of FCP INFO that they can put beside Tom Ripley? I kept thinking I was seeing Bob (FCP INFO), it was creepy. Great movie btw.
We need a pic of Bob for comparison FYI. :club:
I'm an idiot Bourne Ultimatum. I feel like a dummy now,lol. Edit: He was in Dogma too. How did I miss that? That movie was hysterical though my husband was offended by it. Which is really funny since I'm a Christian and he's not.
I wasn't offended by it either. In fact, it's funny, but then again, you have problems if you get offended by a Kevin Smith movie (IMO), though, after watching Clerks, nothing he does surprises me.