How Much Money Would It Take For You To Give Up Your Sense Of Taste?

I have been sick all week - and I basically can't taste anything. I never thought about how much that sucks until now. I can't really enjoy anything I eat, because it's tasteless and odorless (at least to my filled up nose it is). I can't even enjoy beer, I couldn't tell the difference between sam adams winter ale, Yuengling, and Busch Lite. How sad is that?So yea, would you give up your sense of taste for say, 100K? 1 million?This isn't like losing a finger or a limb...you can still function at 100%...but it sure does suck.

I have been sick all week - and I basically can't taste anything. I never thought about how much that sucks until now. I can't really enjoy anything I eat, because it's tasteless and odorless (at least to my filled up nose it is). I can't even enjoy beer, I couldn't tell the difference between sam adams winter ale, Yuengling, and Busch Lite. How sad is that?So yea, would you give up your sense of taste for say, 100K? 1 million?This isn't like losing a finger or a limb...you can still function at 100%...but it sure does suck.
On one hand.. Pussy is delicious..On the other, butthole is not so delicious..Hmm....... yeah I'm keeping em'.
On one hand.. Pussy is delicious..On the other, butthole is not so delicious..Hmm....... yeah I'm keeping em'.
True, if you couldn't taste that you'd have to buy Vulva.

I have come to treat food as fuel.A medicine that prevents me getting sick.Therefore, I would trade my ability to taste for one night with your wife/girlfriend/sister/mother/daughter.Whichever is most applicable, and/or most offensive.

I have come to treat food as fuel.A medicine that prevents me getting sick.Therefore, I would trade my ability to taste for one night with your wife/girlfriend/sister/mother/daughter.Whichever is most applicable, and/or most offensive.
Nnnnnice.
Nnnnnice.
Thanks.Though that answer has some truth in it, the whole fuel medicine part, the real response would probably be in the millions.Just so if I ever have a family I could still be without any concern for money.
I can't really enjoy anything I eat, because it's tasteless and odorless (at least to my filled up nose it is).
So I guess you'd down a big glass of manjuice for a 100 grand right now?
So I guess you'd down a big glass of manjuice for a 100 grand right now?
It couldn't be much worse than this cough medicine. Somehow that is still tasteable.

Back in 1991 my mom was in a in a horrible car accident that alsmost left her for dead. As a result of that accident, she lost BOTH her sense of smell and taste. Being that the car accident was an act of violence against her at the hands of her (now ex) husband, the insurance company thought the loss of both of those senses was only worth 50k.I cant even imagine what it would be like to not be able to smell flowers...or freshly cut grass... or any of the other small things that we take for granted far too often.

I have very strong taste buds-so strong that the only things I can eat are plain things (plain pasta, a salad with only lettuce and cucumbers with no dressing...). I would not mind giving up my sense of taste for a cool 100k.

I have very strong taste buds-so strong that the only things I can eat are plain things (plain pasta, a salad with only lettuce and cucumbers with no dressing...). I would not mind giving up my sense of taste for a cool 100k.
start smoking - it'll cost 100k eventually and you'll stop being able to taste anything soon enough.
I can' tell if this is a strange brag post, sad, or both.

there is no price I would ever want to lose those senses. The amount of joy I get in my life from having both my sense of smell and taste is just too much for me to ever want any money to lose them

there is no price I would ever want to lose those senses. The amount of joy I get in my life from having both my sense of smell and taste is just too much for me to ever want any money to lose them
I am with Kdawg on this. I know that this is a bit cheaper than he is used to but I really like the Barefoot Shiraz, I will be enjoying a bottle of that in an hour. My tastebuds make or break that experience.
Being that the car accident was an act of violence against her at the hands of her (now ex) husband, the insurance company thought the loss of both of those senses was only worth 50k.
Really not having a sense of smell could be fatal. Insurance companies suck.
FYP, my good man. Oh, and I don't care what you say, White Zin is the most underrated of all the wines.
well, yea, but I'm also a big time fan of food, so my little rant was my way of saying that I'm a lush and am a bit overweightas far as white zin, you're wrong, but good rose is very under rated