Official Negreanu Open Thread - Poker Stars Edition

Hello my patient FCP'ers!It's finally official Negreanu Open Time again!I wanted to say one quick thing up front and that is ... after working with Bob from FCP I have become completely spoiled. When approaching Pokerstars for help with these tournaments the expectation bar of help and generosity was set so high that pretty much no one/company could live up to it.With that said and out of the way we are ready to continue the Negreanu Open on Pokerstars starting with the 3rd quarter 2007.The tournaments will always be listed on Pokerstars under Tourneys/Private. You may have to uncheck the upcoming/registering only button to see them, but they should be listed in Blue for every Tuesday and Wednesday as "Negreanu Open $11 Horse" for Tuesdays and "Negreanu Open $11 NL HoldEm" for Wednesdays.Registration will begin 24 hours before the start of each tournament and the PASSWORD WILL ALWAYS BE "fcpfcp".Daniel may play in some of these as he has time, but he will not be guaranteed to play every week obviously.I will continue to keep two leaderboards for both the Tuesday night HORSE (formerly known as the mixed league night) and Wednesday night NL Hold'Em at the same website http://www.negreanuopen.comThe website will hopefully be updated by the end of the week with the first weeks results and new FAQ, etc.The first HORSE game is Tuesday July 10th and the first NL game is Wednesday July 11th. The games are still at the same time 21:00 (9 pm est). They are still $10+$1 buyin tournaments.I think you guys will LOVE the structure we have set up for these games; in fact it may end up being too long and we may have to shorten it if that's the concensus. The HORSE game has 12 minute blinds and the NL night has 15 minute blinds and a normal structure. Both of these tournaments are deepstacks and you will start with 3000 chips instead of the standard 1500.Being that I can get the tournament results instantly from Pokerstars instead of having to wait to receive them manually from FCP I 'should' be able to keep the leaderboard current every week before the start of the next weeks games. At this time since the transition is so new Pokerstars is not able to put up any additional prizes at this time, but Bob and FCP have stepped up to help with some quarterly prizes. Keep in mind that FCP is not generating any revenue directly from the poker room anymore so these prizes should be considered an absolute bonus and I know I appreciate it greatly. The top 3 quarterly points winners for both the Tuesday and Wednesday leaderboards will receive a new FCP Chipset! The 4th - 9th place winners for both the Tuesday and Wednesday games will receive one of the FCP Track Mouses that Daniel talks up so much (http://flopgear.com/detail.asp?pc=12730).As nearly everyone has noticed it has been nearly impossible to schedule Daniel in any type of quarterly tournament so there will no longer be a quarterly championship SnG. There will however continue to be the yearly main prize of the 1 hour phone consultation with Daniel to talk about whatever poker strategy you like! The top 9 from each quarter (both Tuesday and Wednesday nights will have seperate main event prizes) will advance to the year end Tournament of Champions. The first place winner of that tournament will be crowned the Negreanu Open Champion for the year and will receive the main prize.I always wanted to address some loose ends left from last year. Bob and I are working on the list of people (having to compile from Ongame, DGN, and now Pokerstars) for last years Tournament of Champions. We hope to have this email list completely by tomorrow or Wednesday and will be sending out an email to everyone who qualified. We will have the 2006 tournament of champions (Wednesday night NLHE ONLY) sometime by the end of this month or early August. The winner of that tournament will still receive their 1 hour phone consultation with Daniel as well. As far as the quarterly tournaments that were missed from last year and the first two quarters of this year I am not sure if those will ever get made up, but if scheduling and logistics permit we will try to do so.Again, I will try to have the new website up by the end of this week that will answer just about any questions you may have. Until then feel free to ask any questions you may have here. Thanks for everyones patience as we had to work through this transition.Alandna4ever

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pokerstars was pretty much unwilling to provide any type of weekly or quarterly incentives for these tournaments which sucked pretty bad,
CHEAP BASTARD'S
CHEAP BASTARD'S
Well before you get carried away I think there is a very good possibility they will help us down the road. Things are just so new right now with the transition and the relationship between FCP/Pokerstars that we are still trying to get everything worked out with promotions and stuff.I shouldnt have said they were unwilling as thats not fair; we are still working on things. Pokerstars is an awesome site and hopefully will come through for us once we get through all transition
Nice job DNAI'm really excited for the Neg-O coming back to Stars :club:
Me too!Also one other tiny edit I made in my first post. The top 3 from each top 9 get chipsets and 4th - 9th get the FCP Mice; not the Top 2 like I originally posted. Even better!
Well before you get carried away I think there is a very good possibility they will help us down the road. Things are just so new right now with the transition and the relationship between FCP/Pokerstars that we are still trying to get everything worked out with promotions and stuff.I shouldnt have said they were unwilling as thats not fair; we are still working on things. Pokerstars is an awesome site and hopefully will come through for us once we get through all transition
"Oh...Nevermind"Litella1.jpg
My god, did they have to list all of them from now till the end of September? ?
When I requested the tournaments be put on the schedule I gave them the entire 3rd Quarter schedule as it's easier to put them on the schedule all at once for them.
too late, they have already activated the doom switch
You weren't kidding. I can't see any of the tournies listed in the Tourney / Private tab????edit - Nevermind... Damn filters.

Back when it was on stars I played regularly and plan on it again as well. The last time I took 2nd to the famed Spademan/Bizzle combo. But fair warning to you all, I plan on winning this so expect a total donkfest every Wednesday night.

Hmmm, I was going to play in these. But I already have won 5 FCP poker chip sets. I guess I'll just remain the reigning FCP Superstars champion and give up my top 3 Neg-O HORSE title.

Hmmm, I was going to play in these. But I already have won 5 FCP poker chip sets. I guess I'll just remain the reigning FCP Superstars champion and give up my top 3 Neg-O HORSE title.
LOL thanks for giving the rest of us a chance too!
We can always subsitute some Women's T-Shirts for the chipsets for you to give to all the lady friends of yours you have in your avatar.
We can always subsitute some Women's T-Shirts for the chipsets for you to give to all the lady friends of yours you have in your avatar.
haha, I like how you think. However wifey has two womens FCP t-shirts already too :club: