Neteller And 24hr Poker Users Beware

Someone using a computer with an IP address from another state made and EFT Instacash withdrawl and transferred money to 24hr poker from my Neteller account. 24hr poker has been impossible to deal with as they only have email support. Neteller has not done much yet either, even though they pointed out that the IP address was one that had never been used before in my history. I have used Neteller for over a year and made dozens of Instacash deposits INTO my bank account but very few withdrawls (2 or 3). I have NEVER had any problems with Neteller but it appears that there may be major security issues. Whether these are on my end or theirs has yet to be determined. The amount was over $500. and the individual opened an account at 24 hour poker under my first and last name. Just a heads up as you might want to avoid using Neteller and look at other options to fund and transfer money. I'm not going to stop playing online but you can be sure that I won't be using Neteller ever again.I will keep you posted on any action that either site takes.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's just a nice reminder to keep your account info as secret as you can and change your passwords at least once every 3-6 monthes.

I travel a lot often visiting 3-4 countries in a week, that means a lot of nights in hotels playing on-line. When I stared using neteller they would cut me off when I logged on from somewhere other than my home country, so I called them and let them know where I was going. End of problem.

I travel a lot often visiting 3-4 countries in a week, that means a lot of nights in hotels playing on-line. When I stared using neteller they would cut me off when I logged on from somewhere other than my home country, so I called them and let them know where I was going. End of problem.
What?????? Did you read the topic?????
Mine was for 816......and it overdrew my account as well.....Wasn't trying to be a jerk....sorry....
Nope.....it's $816.65Ask me how I knowThey fleeced me too....for a total of $1200+They make a $750 instacash transfer , plus a $66.65 service feeThey moved that money from my bank to neteller, and then 2 transactions (of $650 and $500 from neteller to 24hour poker)What did neteller tell you ? I was speaking to them around 1-2 pm est today. They recommended I do a virus scan and delete as many problems as possible from my computer, then reload and change passwords. I spoke to 3 different people at neteller, moving up the food chain, until I got Eugene in the fraud investigation dept. He said he would get back to me Monday to let me know what they found out. It didn't dawn on me there would be others in the same boat. I hope that means the breach was on neteller's side (not that that is a good thing, but I figured if they said it was my "fault" for getting a virus I'd probqably never see the $ again) and they will take responsibility for helping us recoup our losses.
Someone using a computer with an IP address from another state made and EFT Instacash withdrawl and transferred money to 24hr poker from my Neteller account. 24hr poker has been impossible to deal with as they only have email support. Neteller has not done much yet either, even though they pointed out that the IP address was one that had never been used before in my history. I have used Neteller for over a year and made dozens of Instacash deposits INTO my bank account but very few withdrawls (2 or 3). I have NEVER had any problems with Neteller but it appears that there may be major security issues. Whether these are on my end or theirs has yet to be determined. The amount was over $500. and the individual opened an account at 24 hour poker under my first and last name.
I had the exact same thing happen. I had posted in in the Online Poker forum. Mine was the Instacash of $750 plus Neteller fees (total $816.75). 24h poker mailed me back and told me the money was gone, but they were investigating, and Neteller said the money was gone and suggested filing a police report. Riiiight. I just want my money back. I called up my bank, Chase, and discussed with a telephone banker what happened. She said to call back once it cleared, and to report it as unauthorized. I did this the day after it cleared, yesterday, and Chase credited me the full amount. I believe the fraud department said they will charge Neteller for this, but I didn't ask for details. For details on the hack, or whatever - I use a Yahoo! e-mail account - old password was F1oxt3rs which is pretty hard to guess I think - the only thing I can think of is using a computer at someone else's house when I was traveling during spring break in March. The girl I was staying with had a bunch of ad crap on there - which may have included something a bit more malicious. I also probably did not click the 'secure' version of logging in. Now, if I use anyone else's computer, I'm going to be very careful what sites I log into, and I'll be changing my passwords more regularly. Also, my Neteller account is now closed, and I recommend keeping the account information somewhere else besides in the e-mail account.

I don't know how helpful this will be to others, but to make sure nothing like this happens to me, I have a separate bank account for electronic fund transfers. If I ever need to deposit, it only takes a second to transfer funds from my "real" bank account to my "EFT" bank account. When I withdraw from neteller, I just move that money out of the account. The account doesn't have any kind of overdraft provision (I made sure), so a request without my knowledge would just get denied.

wow, this is getting scary.i read about this earlier in the week in the online forums. i started talking to a co-worker about it and he told me apparently there are hackers that can easily secure your email (hotmail, gmail, yahoo...) password now without you even knowing. if this is the case then i'd be screwed because i keep all kind of passwords and crap in my email.maybe this is how all this is starting? i don't know.

Would any of you who have already had your information stolen mind running some spyware removal program on your computer to find out if that may have been the problem? Let us know if it finds anything.

I got this sick trojan a couple days ago looking for a song to put on a website I was making for the missing Jerry :club: god rest his soul...and I ended up getting this thing called drsmartload on my computer which is a sick piece of spyware that automatically installs itself and then begins to install other pieces of spyware, adware, trojans etc....My comp flooded with popups and shutdown...it took me 2 days in safe mode cleaning this **** up to get my computer operational again...I'm still afraid I didn't get rid of it all despite running tons of spyware removal programs...Hopefully I don't see money leaving all of my accounts in the next few days, or ever for that matter...

I got this sick trojan a couple days ago looking for a song to put on a website I was making for the missing Jerry :club: god rest his soul...and I ended up getting this thing called drsmartload on my computer which is a sick piece of spyware that automatically installs itself and then begins to install other pieces of spyware, adware, trojans etc....My comp flooded with popups and shutdown...it took me 2 days in safe mode cleaning this **** up to get my computer operational again...I'm still afraid I didn't get rid of it all despite running tons of spyware removal programs...Hopefully I don't see money leaving all of my accounts in the next few days, or ever for that matter...BTW, this all happened 10 minutes before the Neg-O and another tournament that I had already registered for...

Mine was 816.75 also and to 24h poker....they too said the money was gone.Neteller said I might have a virus that disables virus protection....but it sounds as though this might be on the Neteller side......wow......this is nuts.....my bank said that since it was an automatic withdrawl that I supposedly approved that Neteller is the one responsible. Sounds like bad news for Neteller if the word gets out or they don't fix the problem. I too spoke to the investigation department and they said it would be 48 hours.....so this must mean Monday for me as well......I have scanned and rescanned my computer.....no viruses anywhere to be found.....no emails in my yahoo account that contain passwords..... Scary is an understatement.........

Is it just a coincidence that this is happening to guys with accounts at 24hr Poker? So far the three people who said this happened to them on this thread all have acounts at this poker site, so I wonder if maybe somehow they are at fault, or maybe their poker client is easy to hack?

Is it just a coincidence that this is happening to guys with accounts at 24hr Poker? So far the three people who said this happened to them on this thread all have acounts at this poker site, so I wonder if maybe somehow they are at fault, or maybe their poker client is easy to hack?
I have NEVER had an account with 24 hr pokerThat is the site that whoever is stealing the money is transferring it to....they transfer it too an account that they set up...........It is Neteller I am afraid..........

I ran two spyware programs and there were a few cookies on there and thats all. zedo.compointroll.compointroll was repeated several times...any advice from any computer experts??????????