#7061 Scroom

Scroom

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 790 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:wrhsf236yu

Posted 23 August 2015 - 07:10 PM

View Postking_tanner, on 23 August 2015 - 05:19 PM, said:

lol at that guy knocking out Stout then retiring. His coaches looked like they wanted to rip the mic out of his hands

That was extremely bizarre, but understandable. If you don't have it in you to do an extreme job (which cage fighting is), doesn't really how much talent or ability you have.
Cole Konrad retired undefeated in the Bellator cage because he realized that even at the UFC level, the pay rate was terrible and having trained with guys like Brock Lesnar, etc, he probably realized that he wouldn't be nearly as dominant at that level... his heart wasn't in it so he said **** it and went for a career in commodities.

I am guessing that is what he was thinking. Tried MMA, got beaten in his MMA debut, lost his heart for it but had something to prove, so he did.
I'm interested to see whats talked about at the presser.
Posted Image

#7062 king_tanner

king_tanner

Poker Forum C***

• Members
  • 11,536 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Crazy Pineapple hi/lo

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:20 AM

Yeah, I get it. I know why a mma guy would retire early because of lack of money, time away from family, injuries, etc.

But this guy has his biggest win ever then retires without telling his coaches or anything. It just seemed like he jumped the gun and was way too emotional afterwards

Rumor has it that Erick Silva was roided up and was sloppy because he can't roid anymore. To be fair almost all UFC guys have been called out for roiding at this point, but it makes sense. Based on prior fights I thought that Silva would be able to destroy Magny

QUOTE (rcgs59 @ Wednesday, January 5th, 2011, 8:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
$5,000 lol wish it was 5000

#7063 Ron_Mexico

Ron_Mexico

You mess with the bull, you'll get the horns

• Members
  • 31,568 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:07 AM

This is unfair, because we have no proof, but that theory seems to make a lot of sense with Silva. I've seen that dude run through guys and look invincible, and then, nada. Maybe he's a head case?

I make $31,000 dollars a year and I have a home.

#7064 AmScray

AmScray

Honk

• Members
  • 3,998 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:wrhsf235yu

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:03 AM

I think Magny is a tad underrated its but not impossible to conceive that Silva was roiding, since that seemed to be very standard among the Brazilian fighters.
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users