bellagio final table question

Another player posed this interesting question to me recently...so I thought I'd throw this one out there.You are 5 handed at the final table of a $1500 NL hold em tourney at the Bellegio. You are middle of the pack in chips. Player A under the gun raises preflop, then Player B reraises all in. You have KK. Calling the all - in will cripple your stack, leaving you with only a few chips if you lose. What do you do?After a few responses I'll let you know what the guy ended up doing.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No question all in, no way can you just call if you will be left with just a few chips.
I think the OP's saying that the 2 people all in have shorter stacks and action is folded to you. Call = All-In in this case.How many places does the tourney pay?

Well, the guy folded his KK, saying he didn't want to get knocked out in fifth place, as there was a significant difference between the payouts in the spot on up. I personally would have went all in as well anyway, playing for the win. The guy ended up taking second place. Not bad.

i probably am going to fold because you know he has at least an ace, maybe QQ.
And what is your point? You WANT him to have an ace or QQ. You are playing scared and weak if you lay this hand down.
I think 5 handed you might have to think about a call there, i probably am going to fold because you know he has at least an ace, maybe QQ.
What the fuck? I feel like i'm taking crazy pills! You are going to fold because you're either a 3 to 1 favorite or a 4 to 1 favorite???? I'm so confused!

It paid out 5, so they were all in the money at that point. Personally I don't know when i could ever fold kings prelop unless someone exposed Aces at that point. But I do understand letting another player get knocked out to move up in money.

Well, the guy folded his KK, saying he didn't want to get knocked out in fifth place, as there was a significant difference between the payouts in the spot on up.  I personally would have went all in as well anyway, playing for the win.  The guy ended up taking second place. Not bad.
Was it a good lay down?
I think 5 handed you might have to think about a call there, i probably am going to fold because you know he has at least an ace, maybe QQ.
What the fuck? I feel like i'm taking crazy pills! You are going to fold because you're either a 3 to 1 favorite or a 4 to 1 favorite???? I'm so confused!
3 to 1 favorite sucks, so does 4 to 1. I fold unless I have the nuts. :club:
good point. my goal is really to just play weak/tight. i find that style gives me the best results especially late in mtt's when the blind structure increases very quickly. i liked to get pushed out of almost every pot while my stack gets blinded off so that i have no chance of ever taking first place. i just try to squeak into the money and not play to win. did i mention that i'm the greatest?
good point. my goal is really to just play weak/tight. i find that style gives me the best results especially late in mtt's when the blind structure increases very quickly. i liked to get pushed out of almost every pot while my stack gets blinded off so that i have no chance of ever taking first place. i just try to squeak into the money and not play to win. did i mention that i'm the greatest?
I love making it so right when I make it into the money I am all in on the Big Blind. That rules.
Another player posed this interesting question to me recently...so I thought I'd throw this one out there.You are 5 handed at the final table of a $1500 NL hold em tourney at the Bellegio. You are middle of the pack in chips. Player A under the gun raises preflop, then Player B reraises all in. You have KK. Calling the all - in will cripple your stack, leaving you with only a few chips if you lose. What do you do?After a few responses I'll let you know what the guy ended up doing.
all in and hope player A has JJ and player b has QQ and you win with no one sucking out on you, but we both know that will never happen. because the flop comes 2 7 9 rainbow turn 4 and the river a J and you get mad at yourself, you knew you were ahead the whole time, but just like online poker is rigged so are tourny's at bellegio...
Stlyin fish was kiddin....right guy?
all in and hope player A has JJ and player b has QQ and you win with no one sucking out on you, but we both know that will never happen. because the flop comes 2 7 9 rainbow turn 4 and the river a J and you get mad at yourself, you knew you were ahead the whole time, but just like online poker is rigged so are tourny's at bellegio...
Why would say that Bellagio's tourneys are rigged???????
I love making it so right when I make it into the money I am all in on the Big Blind. That rules.
Yeah, same here. i like to waste every money making opportunity late on in tournies. Just really shoot myself in the foot and call it a day. Know what i mean?
Stlyin fish was kiddin....right guy?
No dude, I'm being serious. Why risk your chips when you're only a 3 to 1 or 4 to 1 favorite. If you only play the nuts you're unstoppable. :shock:
Why would say that Bellagio's tourneys are rigged???????
sw sw sw sw sw sw sw sw sw swIt was a jopke. Get it?