bet or check this river? (omaha hi/lo) aug 13

$3/6 omaha hi/lo, seven-handedi'm SB with A :club: K :) 10 :) 4 :D .three limpers, next guy goes all-in for 1.5 SB total, button cold-calls, i cold-call, BB and three limpers call.(11 SB) A :) 10 :D 2 :)i bet, three calls and two folds.(7.5 BB) 9 :Di bet, two calls and one fold.(10.5 BB) 3 :) i ...bet or check?if i check, what am i doing in each of these situations:- BB bets, L calls.- BB bets, L raises.- BB checks, L bets.if i bet, what am i doing in each of these situations:- BB calls, L raises.- BB folds, L raises.- BB raises, L calls.- BB raises, L folds.(BB raising and L three-betting is a pretty obvious fold.)i'm pretty sure i know what the best move is AND what the best move is in each of those situations, but i just want some input.aseem

Well I'm thinking I would bet the hand for value for sure. The 4-5 low draw isn't exactly the most likely of low draws. Had the river been a 5 I would be slightly more worried. If you had checked you'd definitely have to call one bet. So, you might as well bet the hand and hope to either win an extra bet, or even possibly force an opponent off of a bad low. If you bet and get raised it's USUALLY a pretty safe lay down in that spot. Unless the BB is raising and you think he may be doing so to knock out the other player, I would likely lay the hand down to a raise. If you bet, get called then raised, the same would apply. The third player isn't going to try a bluff raise there often enough make calling profittable, especially considering you don't have much of a shot for the whole pot anyway.

I think you should bet out, and call one raise if it occurs. Unless someone has a set, I don't peg them for having your high hand beat (the 4 5 isnt an obvious low). Top two pair on that board may be good, plus you may make someone who has a bad low fold, giving you the whole pot. 8)

daniel, this is great advice.the example in my mind was that either BB or L would have some kind of nut low draw or second nut low draw (4-3 or 5-3) that got counterfeited. if i check, i give him the opportunity to see a free showdown, and if they have ANY third low card (a 7 or an 8, for example), they WILL have a low on showdown, but if i bet, they might fold this crappy low that got counterfeited.further, since both players have just been calling, it's not out of the question to think that the other opponent might have no low and just some kind of high draw (a diamond draw, some kind of straight/wrap draw). they would be folding to a bet anyway, most likely, and if they have some kind of crappy low that they're not calling a bet with, a bet does wonders!one thing i have to disagree with, though, is folding if BB calls and L raises. again, this is a low-limit habit, but there are serious donks at this level (in this game specifically) that might raise here with just a second-nut low and nothing for high.they just think "i made my low! i win!" without realizing that their low isn't the nuts, that they can get quartered, etc. they just play their own cards. you know, typical level-one-thinking fish.so, i think the best move AT THIS LEVEL is to bet and call one bet, regardless of where the raise comes from.aseem

This hand can be trickier than it looks. And I also agree with the other poster that this hand is pretty weak pf, but none the less here you are. First off i think you can be pretty sure that if you are beat, it happened on the river. There was not likely to be a set slow playing this board, and nothing other than the wheel got there. With two calls on the turn though, it is possible that someone has a coordinated low draw like A 3 4 5 with two diamonds, but i think you would still probably want to bet there hoping that you have not run into a wheel. You might also get a rough low to fold. I think checking would be alright too, depends on how many bad calls you have seen the guy make.