• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#41 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:45 PM

2great game glad to have been there cheering on the motown kitties.
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#42 rivergirl

rivergirl

DONKEY LUCKER

• Members
  • 2,462 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO8

Posted 01 October 2009 - 03:04 AM

View PostSBriand, on Wednesday, September 30th, 2009, 10:45 PM, said:

2great game glad to have been there cheering on the motown kitties.
i'm jealous...
QUOTE(chrozzo @ Tuesday, December 11th, 2007, 8:35 PM) View Post
hi
<3 rg
hi

#43 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:33 PM

I was just watching the replay of this game and watching Delmon Young point and yell at his pitcher for throwing at Everett which in turn made Bondo throw at Young was priceless.
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#44 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:41 AM

Baseball is awesomehttp://sports.yahoo....t...o&type=lgns
Steve,

#45 TheWynn

TheWynn

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:27 PM

Just got home from work. Gonna head down to Comerica. Win & Minne' loss please.

#46 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 06:15 PM

At this rate I am going to just say that they really don't deserve to get in. This team has yet to show any urgency. It's like 06 all over again except this year when they lose the division on the last day, they won't be the wildcard.
Steve,

#47 rivergirl

rivergirl

DONKEY LUCKER

• Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 02:42 AM

the question is...if there is a chance of a tie going into tomorrow...do we pitch JV Sunday or do we save him for the chance of a playoff and start porcello tomorrow? hopefully greinke tries to state his case for the cy young in his last start against the twinkies and figaro makes the start of his LIFE. that way this will be a non-issue
hi
<3 rg
hi

#48 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:10 AM

Wow when the shit hits the fan it really hits the fan.I don't feel like being a whiny fan and I am in no way qualified to be a manager or GM but this team has put me on LFT the last 2 weeks. I mean I guess nothing that happened this last week should be a surprise. It's not like our bats have been hot at all this season so it really is no surprise that the Tigers performance at the plate has been pathetic. Have they choked? I guess, but it depends on your definition of choke. My biggest complaint, whether valid or not, is that there seems to have been absolutely no sense of urgency the last 7 games.Going into game 4 against Minny was the time to go out and play your damn heart out and get the win. Then you clinch the division and can rest players all you want and set up your rotation for the Yankees on Wednesday. Instead you go out and do nothing. You sit one of your biggest clutch hitters, Polanco, so he can rest. Rest? He can rest the next day. You need to win. There were two occasions where his replacement, Santiago, was up to bat with the bases loaded and did nada. I am not saying it is a given that Polly would have come through, but come on, biggest game of the season and you have bases loaded and your down...Polly or Santiago. The choice is simple. Leyland said that Santiago was better against Baker than Polly. Oh it showed when he went like 0-3 against him that day and twice had runners in scoring position. I have issue with some of the remarks after the games this weekend. Friday and Saturday there was much said about how this was no big deal and we will get them tomorrow, etc. Then yesterday Verlander does what he does and everyone is like, oh this was so fun, I liked it. Now we got a chance to go into Minny and win a play-in. HELLO, it's fun? Are you crazy, you had a 7.5 game lead less than a month ago. You had opportunities to rest and not even play Verlander on Sunday. You think you are just going to go into the Dome of Hell and win it? Now we got Cabby. Poor Cabby is not handling the situation to well. On top of going 0-11 with a walk this final series, he has gone and got himself in trouble that resulted in Dombrowski having to pick him up in jail at 7am on Saturday morning. So much wrong with this.1. He started the night by hanging out at the Townsend drinking all night with the players from the White Sox. 2. Gets home around 6am drunk (.26 on the breathalyzer, good thing he didn't get caught driving I guess) and got into a fight with his wife and she kicked him out so he got put in jail for the morning.3. His face is all cut up from the fight.This is not what we need going into tomorrow night. Bad enough we have to rely on a good but young Rick Porcello, but our best bat is on a downward spiral to some big problems. I don't expect much from them tomorrow. Of course I want them to win and get in and at least get a chance to play against the Yankees. We could have Verlander for games 2 and 5(if necessary) so anything can happen but you never know what team you will get.
Steve,

#49 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 12:20 PM

Ugh it is getting ugly. Now there are reports that Cabby was warned by the organization for a incident at a bar back in August. On top of that the organization told reporters at one point on Saturday that a dog scratched his face and that they didn't tell the team anything as well. It's coming in fast and it all don't look good. Hoping this was an isolated incident but it seems not to be and the organization has been trying to cover it up.
Steve,

#50 Pot Odds RAC

Pot Odds RAC

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,172 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Live NL TxHE

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:02 PM

Tucking FigersHow do you get doubled off of First with one out and a man on Third?How do you let a goddamn ball get past you in the outfield for a Triple?How do you NOT turn a goddamn double play when you're PLAYING AT DOUBLE PLAY DEPTH AND YOU GET A GODDAMN HARD GROUNDER TO THE RIGHT OF GODDAMN SECOND BASE?!?!?!?

#51 Pot Odds RAC

Pot Odds RAC

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 7,172 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Live NL TxHE

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:38 PM

****ing bases loaded one ****ing out and you don't score one ****ing run?!?

#52 TheWynn

TheWynn

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:51 PM

Un****ingbelievable. ahdfhadskjfkjasdkfaf!Terrible mother****ing fielding and base running. I can't ****ing believe it.I have a ****ing headache I'm so pissed.

#53 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:56 PM

why is rodney pitching 3 inningsleyland confuses meFein, Rapada, Perry, Galaraga, Robertson, Bonine, etc still available...Rodney is not a 3 inning pitcher and anyone who blames this on him is retarded
Steve,

#54 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:57 PM

oh porcello roy
Steve,

#55 TheWynn

TheWynn

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:58 PM

View PostSBriand, on Wednesday, October 7th, 2009, 10:56 AM, said:

why is rodney pitching 3 inningsleyland confuses meFein, Rapada, Perry, Galaraga, Robertson, Bonine, etc still available...Rodney is not a 3 inning pitcher and anyone who blames this on him is retarded
I agree totally. I really have nothing more to say. I can barely even talk or type right now.

#56 rcooj_7

rcooj_7

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,199 posts
  • Interests:Poker (online and even more live), Basketball, Not Working, watching sports (Warriors, Raiders, Athletics, Shraks)
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLOhi. nlhe/lhe

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:10 PM

View PostSBriand, on Tuesday, October 6th, 2009, 6:56 PM, said:

eh, the announcers said that he had been in that situation before and he COULD go 3 inngings... he was pitching well, and i am sure he was in talk with leyland inbetween innings"can you go""I feel good, let me go""ok"Leyland is a god, have faith
Follow My Sports Bets!!!!!!
Follow my sports Bets^^^^^^^^^^^

http://www.centsports.com/?opcode=588494
Play for free here and follow my bets from this site... They give you $.10 and if you go broke, they just give you another $.10 if you get over $20 they willsend you a check, thought i would share with you guys.

Fulltilt- rcooj_7
Pokerstars- madicardsAA

Raiders +4 games > Falcons -4 games. Fredecs $120 to my $100
Warriors +12.5 > Hawks with Fred, $100 -$100

#57 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:39 PM

View Postrcooj_7, on Tuesday, October 6th, 2009, 10:10 PM, said:

eh, the announcers said that he had been in that situation before and he COULD go 3 inngings... he was pitching well, and i am sure he was in talk with leyland inbetween innings"can you go""I feel good, let me go""ok"Leyland is a god, have faith
You and the announcers are wrong. He has never gone over 2.0 innings all season. In the past before this season he went 3.0 innings once in 08, once again in 05, and once in 03. So 3 times. So you know, you and the annoucers don't have an actual clue
Steve,

#58 TheWynn

TheWynn

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:34 AM

The announcers were horrid.

#59 FARGOpokerND

FARGOpokerND

11-time National Champions!

• Members
  • 6,163 posts
  • Interests:POKER!
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO

Posted 08 October 2009 - 12:10 PM

Porcello deserves ROY but i think Bailey is going to get it.This season was a good one to watch (Obv you think I can say this since my Twins got in...but still...)And that final game was one of the most entertaining games I think any of us will ever see in our lifetimes. I was lucky enough to be at the game and the place was louder than any Viking game I have been to (well I have only been to 2 playoff games and one poitnless game...)We got lucky with the grazed-shirt non-call but sometimes judgment calls will go both ways.I'll call that makeup for the horrible call against Minn in Oakland earlier this year when the Ump called an out on a play he had no chance to even see.It was a good season to follow and I think we all can agree that we both want to see Det/Minn beat the shit out of the Yankees

#60 rivergirl

rivergirl

DONKEY LUCKER

• Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:14 AM

i'm hearing a ton of reports that the tigers would be willing to listen to offers for Grandy........i find this absolutely stupid. Although he struggled with his BA, especially against lefties this season, he's young, got a great glove in center and has the ability to make up for what ground guillen won't be able to cover next year since they are giving left to guillen. Not only that, he's proven he can be a good hitter, has decent power and seems to be an all around great guy to represent the team in the community, especially a community that's in need of a good guy to be there. How can they even consider this????? Any thoughts?
hi
<3 rg
hi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users