kk first hand

Played a 10$ tourney yesterday , 236 entries. First hand I was on the button dealt KK . To make the story shorter there were 3 all ins b4 it even got to me. I folded not wanting to go bust in the first hand.IN the end i would have been knocked out by set 8s and 2 pair As and Qs.What i am asking here is ignoring the fact i would have lost should i have called the all ins and try to get a big chip lead immediately . (the other peson who went all in had k3 but they were suited :club: )

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

instead of flaming you, i just want to state the fact before i go to bed, that pokerstars is rigged. (sw) just upset that i was called by a A4 off when i hold pocket queens and the pot woulda made me 4th overall. (he made a boat 4's full of 3's) good night.

Played a 10$ tourney yesterday , 236 entries.  First hand I was on the button dealt KK . To make the story shorter there were 3 all ins b4 it even got to me. I folded not wanting to go bust in the first hand.IN the end i would have been knocked out by set 8s and 2 pair As and Qs.What i am asking here is ignoring the fact i would have lost should i have called the all ins and try to get a big chip lead immediately . (the other peson who went all in had k3 but they were suited :club: )
Putting aside the $10 buy in and the fact that you would have lost the hand anyways, If you are trying to do well, and be in the tourny when it really counts then yes fold.
you my friend are a fucking idiot.  this thread explains why you are stuck playing $10 tourneys.  you suck.  die.
you, are a total dickhead. your miserable existence is compunded by your lack of intelligence as you once again fail miserably to act cool.
Uhm.10 dollar tourn it's an auto-call.Take at shot at a huge stack early to take to the final table.First hand of the WSOP ME I lay this down easy.
this is BS, $10 or otherwise. what's the difference from one MTT to the next?it's actually magnified when many players look at the tournament as basically a freeroll and go all in on any ace.knowing on stars that the first hand might fetch as many as 4 callers all in, you are behind any ace that pairs, any idiot with a lower pair who hits a set, suited anything from flop to river, obviously AA, etc etc etc. i do not want to run all my chips off when i will lose 20% of the time on the first hand if not worse. with 4 other callers, your chances of losing are magnified greatly beyond 20%.it's a long night. you'll get KK or better again. let em go.
Uhm.10 dollar tourn it's an auto-call.Take at shot at a huge stack early to take to the final table.First hand of the WSOP ME I lay this down easy.
this is censored.knowing on stars that the first hand might fetch as many as 4 callers all in, you are behind any ace. i do not want to run all my chips off when i will lose 20% of the time. with 4 other callers, your chances of losing are magnified greatly.it's a long night. you'll get KK or better again. let em go.
ROFL.You are BEHIND any ace with KK?ROFL.Put on the helmet, because you are retarded, sorry.
he already has it on, he just needs to loosen it up a bit. it's on too tight
It cuts off the blood flow to the head.Heh.This is what I am talking about. Some would try to have me banned for this sort of response. Even though his statements are, quite literally, retarded.Go ahead and ban me for this.Seriously, I don't care.I dare you.(I hope I get banned so I don't have to waste time giving funny responses to ignorant posts.)
It cuts off the blood flow to the head.Heh.This is what I am talking about. Some would try to have me banned for this sort of response. Even though his statements are, quite literally, retarded.Go ahead and ban me for this.Seriously, I don't care.I dare you.(I hope I get banned so I don't have to waste time giving funny responses to ignorant posts.)
you guys are both certified geniuses.i edited.you guys can push in on the first hand of an MTT with KK all you want. 20% or even more of the time, you will be sent packing on that first hand. i expect to play a lot of good poker while you guys are out hustling fatties at the local pub, safe with the knowledge that it was a sound play to run KK against a bunch of randoms in the first 2 mins. of an 8-hour tournament. by all means, continue.
you guys are both certified geniuses.i edited.you guys can push in on the first hand of an MTT with KK all you want. 20% or even more of the time, you will be sent packing on that first hand. i expect to play a lot of good poker while you guys are out hustling fatties at the local pub, safe with the knowledge that it was a sound play to run KK against a bunch of randoms in the first 2 mins. of an 8-hour tournament. by all means, continue.
Wow, you are really bad.It's cute, but you are a horrible player.Your math is off, your logic is off, and your reason is off.Thanks for trying though.

the fact that this was only a 10 dollar tournament, I would push all in every time on the first hand with KK. 10 dollars is a very little amount of money. if you win the hand ::which you win most of the time compared to the other 4::: you will have great chip position through out the whole tournament.if the buy in was pretty high for my BR, I would then actually think it over, but since it was only a 10 dollar tourny. PUSH PUSH PUSH since I could afford that any dayteneightps. have they updated the small school bus lately?

See, the thing is you are getting even odds with one guy all in, and even better (3-1) with 3 guys all in.If I am an 80% favorite, I would call that in an instant.If you mean KK is going to be 20% to win, that's only true if you know one of them has pocket aces. Otherwise, you are roughly 40% to win or so, making it an easy call getting 3-1 on your money. $10 tournament: the random crap people push with is... random crap. Maybe 1/3 times, someone has AA. In that case, someone do the math and find out your -EV. otherwise it's very +EV.I suck at life, and at poker. Spademan is god. Teneight is cool, too.
the fact that this was only a 10 dollar tournament, I would push all in every time on the first hand with KK. 10 dollars is a very little amount of money. if you win the hand ::which you win most of the time compared to the other 4::: you will have great chip position through out the whole tournament.if the buy in was pretty high for my BR, I would then actually think it over, but since it was only a 10 dollar tourny. PUSH PUSH PUSH since I could afford that any dayteneightps. have they updated the small school bus lately?
you just don't get it. it can be $10 or $10,000. does calling all in with KK on the first hand of the main event of the WSOP make you anything other than stupid when you lose to AA? it's not a question of affording it; it's ALWAYS a question of winning.i expect over many hands to win. i don't need to gamble with KK on the first hand in this situation. call me stupid; i don't care.so, insult all you want. i have seen enough freeroll and low buy in tournaments to know that you can lose with KK on the first hand. i readily concede that most of the time you're pushing in with the best of it; certainly so head to head. but if you've seen the hands people play in these situations, it's easy to wait for a better spot when your odds are NOT decreasing massively based on the amount of players who call.imagine a table where you hold KK, another caller has AQ, another caller has JJ, another caller has 66, and still another caller has 89 of diamonds. your hand can now be beaten by any ace that comes, any J, any 6, any cards to make a straight, or any cards to make a flush. it is no longer anywhere near 80% to win and indeed is much less given the callers.if you know, as you should at the $10 buy in level, that many people will call an all in bet on the first hand, this is an easy laydown.
See, the thing is you are getting even odds with one guy all in, and even better (3-1) with 3 guys all in.If I am an 80% favorite, I would call that in an instant.If you mean KK is going to be 20% to win, that's only true if you know one of them has pocket aces. Otherwise, you are roughly 40% to win or so, making it an easy call getting 3-1 on your money. $10 tournament: the random crap people push with is... random crap. Maybe 1/3 times, someone has AA. In that case, someone do the math and find out your -EV. otherwise it's very +EV.I suck at life, and at poker. Spademan is god. Teneight is cool, too.
No no.Your math is good, and trust me I check it every time.That's the only reason I don't flame you for having a quote of mine in your sig.The moment you f-up, I'm going to jump on you for that.
Played a 10$ tourney yesterday , 236 entries.  First hand I was on the button dealt KK . To make the story shorter there were 3 all ins b4 it even got to me. I folded not wanting to go bust in the first hand.IN the end i would have been knocked out by set 8s and 2 pair As and Qs.What i am asking here is ignoring the fact i would have lost should i have called the all ins and try to get a big chip lead immediately . (the other peson who went all in had k3 but they were suited :club: )
I call.Easy play
I call at a 10 k tourney.****it its only money.You are ahead

Your logic is flawed. You see, later in the tourney, you have LESS reason to call with kings PF, as it's much more likely someone has aces or a high ace to outdraw you.Are you saying you almost always lay down kings in an all-in situation then, as long as it's preflop?That's brilliant.

The reason i posted this was to see what other people would have done in this situation, the fact that it was only a 10$ tourney is irrelevant i think. for those of u who told me what they would do i thank u, for the other people who act tough hiding behind a nickname well ye are the reason people r getting pissed off with this forum