getting knock out first in a 100k gur tourney

it was a 30-3 buy in first hand am dealt kk in the BB. some guy raises the min utg theirs 6 callers i raise 2/3 of my stack when it comes around to me. the guy who raised utg goes all in faster then speedy gonzalez. I know he has aces but hoping his a donkey who is overplaying his qq or ace k so of course i call. he flips over aces and takes it.. knock out 1615 out 1615 .. yea the first one.. i use to make fun people who would get knock out so quick before i even played a round of poker in a multi tourney, but am not laughing at them any longer;( joel

it was a 30-3 buy in first hand am dealt kk in the BB. some guy raises the min utg theirs 6 callers i raise 2/3 of my stack when it comes around to me. the guy who raised utg goes all in faster then speedy gonzalez.  I know he has aces but hoping his a donkey who is overplaying his qq or ace k so of course i call. he flips over aces and takes it..  knock out 1615 out 1615 .. yea the first one.. i use to make fun people who would get knock out so quick before i even played a round of poker in a multi tourney, but am not laughing at them any longer;(  joel
what on earth is the point of betting 2/3rds of your stack?

He only wants a caller if hes beat. Otberwise he doesnt want to win any chips with his hand. Should make perfect sense to you now. :roll:

it was a 30-3 buy in first hand am dealt kk in the BB. some guy raises the min utg theirs 6 callers i raise 2/3 of my stack when it comes around to me. the guy who raised utg goes all in faster then speedy gonzalez.  I know he has aces but hoping his a donkey who is overplaying his qq or ace k so of course i call. he flips over aces and takes it..  knock out 1615 out 1615 .. yea the first one.. i use to make fun people who would get knock out so quick before i even played a round of poker in a multi tourney, but am not laughing at them any longer;(  joel
You did a marvelous job of assuring you either win the minimum or lose the maximum. Well done!
You did a marvelous job of assuring you either win the minimum or lose the maximum. Well done!
Well played jimmy. :club:
Guest XXEddie
okay you experts what was the proper way to play those KK?  call? raise 1/3 of your stack get raised all in and muck?? cmon fellas instead of calling me a donkey back it up with some info!
no, Im going broke too probablybut after your raise only AA is gonna call/go allinAnd youre pot-commited so.....this raiseforces you to make any inferior hand foldand make the only superior hand go allin.........which youre committed to callits bulletproof I say(sw)
okay you experts what was the proper way to play those KK?  call? raise 1/3 of your stack get raised all in and muck?? cmon fellas instead of calling me a donkey back it up with some info!
no, Im going broke too probablybut after your raise only AA is gonna call/go allinAnd youre pot-commited so.....this raiseforces you to make any inferior hand foldand make the only superior hand go allin.........which youre committed to callits bulletproof I say(sw)
Actaully no, people will go all in with AK, QQ, JJ, AQs, and TT is this spot.ALOT of people.Who cares how much of his stack he put in prelop, he's not folding preflop so whats the difference?Don't think that only AA will call or go all in just because everyone here says that's how they would play it, which is pretty much bullshit.A good amount of you would go broke here with QQ even facing that type of raise, but it makes you look better to say otherwise.

Everyone needs to stop frontin. All of you would go broke in that spot, dont try to lie. As for only getting called with Aces, perhaps none of you ever played an online tournament? He'd get called with ANY Ace, and any pair higher than 77. Hell he might even get called with KQ or JQ.

Guest XXEddie
okay you experts what was the proper way to play those KK? call? raise 1/3 of your stack get raised all in and muck?? cmon fellas instead of calling me a donkey back it up with some info!
Actaully no, people will go all in with AK, QQ, JJ, AQs, and TT is this spot.ALOT of people.Who cares how much of his stack he put in prelop, he's not folding preflop so whats the difference?Don't think that only AA will call or go all in just because everyone here says that's how they would play it, which is pretty much bullshit.A good amount of you would go broke here with QQ even facing that type of raise, but it makes you look better to say otherwise.
AA and KK sure Ill go all in, QQ maybe, JJ no, TT no, AQ I fold

I'd call with a load of different hands if some clown raised 2/3 of his stack first hand, especially in a cheap tourney. I'd just have to think he's being a donk.I'd actually probably call with any pair higher than 5's or any ace suited, which is REALLY loose.

I'd call with a load of different hands if some clown raised 2/3 of his stack first hand, especially in a cheap tourney. I'd just have to think he's being a donk.I'd actually probably call with any pair higher than 5's or any ace suited, which is REALLY loose.
People like you are why I absolutely love getting AA or KK in the first orbit of a tourney. I just go all in with these hands and someone assumes I'm a donk and then calls me with very slim chances of winning.OP, I'm guessing you all started off with something like 75bb, meaning your 2/3 stack raise was a gross overbet of the pot. If you're going to do that, you might as well go all in. Otherwise raise it to something like 15bb.