WPT - Bellagio - DANIEL WINS!

As you are all aware the starting chip counts are as follows for the final 6 with Daniel's chip count at 61% of all chips in play.Daniel Negreanu - Finishes 1st6,865,000 Chips / Seat 2Vinny Landrum - Finishes 3rd1,140,000 Chips / Seat 3Nam Le - Finishes 6th970,000 Chips / Seat 5Steve Rassi - Finishes 5th950,000 Chips / Seat 1Jennifer Harman Traniello - Finishes 4th875,000 / Seat 6Humberto Brenes - Finishes 2nd510,000 Chips / Seat 4--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Updates from Daniel--------------------------------------------------------------------------------8:11pmDaniel: 8.685 milLandrom: 135kHumberto: 2.46 mil8:05pmBlinds at 50k / 100k for next 20 minutes then 80k/160k 6:36pmNam Le takes 6th place; Landrom took Nam out with KJ against Nam's KQ - J hit the boardDaniel at about 6mil in chipsHumberto has already gotten flushes in two key pots--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Updates from SavageTournaments.net--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Daniel wins!Hand #81, final hand. Before the flop both Humberto and Daniel call. Flop comes 7 4 3. Humberto bets $400K. Daniel raises to $1M. Humberto thinks a moment and then goes all in. Daniel calls instantly. Humberto turns over a 7 8. Daniel turns over K 7. Turn comes a 6, giving Humberto a straight draw. But the river is a harmless 3. Humberto places 2nd.Next hand Humberto has pocket 3s.Hand #78, Both Daniel and Humberto are in pre-flop for $160K each. The flop comes Q 2 2. Humberto bets $320K. Daniel raises $620K. Humberto goes all in for $930K more. Daniel goes into the tank. Humberto gets up from the table and runs away. Humberto runs around the floor while Daniel thinks. Daniel announces he knows Humberto has a Q. Daniel thinks some more then shows his Q and folds. Humberto then shows the bluff of A K.Hand #77, The antes go up to $15K. blinds are now $80-$160K. Daniel goes all in. Humberto calls. Daniel turns over a Q J. Humberto has pocket Qs. The flop comes J 4 7. The turn is a K. The river is a harmless 4. Humberto doubles up.Hand #74, Daniel shows everyone an offsuit T 7 and takes down a pot of $400K. The girls brought in the money and dropped it on the floor. They are going to do it again.It was announced that Daniel has just become the all time World Poker Tour money winner.It was also announced that the World Poker Tour is going to tape a special with the young guns of poker including David Williams, Scott Fischman, Peter Lawson and Joe Cassidy.During the money presentation, Daniel gives the audience a poker tip: Throw away all those books that teach you to play tight. I've done better with 6 4 offsuit.Daniel has $9M in chips to Humberto's $2.3M. Down to the final two.So far tonight it has been a lot of all in poker. Vinny will more than likely have to go all in the next hand. The current chip count:Daniel has $8.685MHumberto has $2.46MVinny has $135KHand #68, Humberto goes all in for $1.19M. Vinny calls with $1.3M. Humberto has pocket 3s. Vinny has Ac Qc. Flop comes Kc 6 3. The turn comes 5c. Vinny needs a club to win the hand and bust Humberto. But the river comes an off-suit J. Humberto doubles up. Vinny is crippled with $135K. Players take a 5 minute break.Hand #61, Vinny goes all in for $800K. Jennifer calls for $580K. She has A 7. Vinny has pocket 3s. Flop misses, but a 3 hits the turn and busts Jennifer. Jennifer finishes in 4th place.Hand #57, Humberto goes all in and gets no callers.Hand #57, Humberto goes all in and gets no callers.Hand #54, Humberto bets $300K. Of course Daniel goes all in. Humberto folds.Hand #53, Vinny bets $300K. Daniel calls. Flop comes J J 3. Daniel goes all in. Vinny folds.Hand #51, Vinny bets $200K. Humberto goes all in for $1.3M. Vinny thinks about it, then folds.Hand #49, Daniel gets make up.Hand #47, $10K antes. Blinds are now $50-$100K.Hand #42, Humberto raises $400K, Daniel goes all in. Humberto chooses not to call. Daniel shows everyone his A 3.Hand #37. Jennifer raises to $190K. Daniel re-raises $300K more. Jennifer decides not to call and folds.Hand #34. 3 way action for a $180K pot between Daniel, Humberto and Vinny. Daniel bets $250K on the turn. No call. Daniel takes down the pot.Hand #32, Steve goes all in for $50K. Daniel calls with A Q. Vinny has Q 5. Daniel wins the hand. Steve finishes in 5th place.Hand #31, Steve bets $740K and goes all in. Jennifer calls for $670K. Jennifer has Ah Qh. Jennifer wins the hand.Hand #29, Jennifer raises to $160K. No call.Current chip counts: * Daniel has $6.23M * Humberto has $2.05M * Vinny has $1.57M * Steve has $770K * Jennfer has $570KHand #28, Vinny bet $210K. Nam went all in. Vinny called. Nam had K Q, Vinny had K J. Flop comes 7 J 3. Nam doesn't improve on turn or river. Vinny wins the hand. Nam finishes in 6th place. Players take a 5 minute break.Hand #27, Daniel vs. Jennifer. Daniel wins a $420K pot.Hand #26, antes are now $10K, blinds are $30-$60K.Hand #22, Humberto wins $1.4M pot against Daniel. Humberto now has over $2M in chips.On hand #15, Nam raises Jennifer $610K. Jennifer would have to go all in. No call.Hand #14, 4 way action before the flop. Humberto bets $80K. Nam makes it $200K. Everyone folds.Daniel raises Jennifer all in. Jennifer decides not to call and folds.On hand #7, Daniel wins his first pot with a raise before the flop.Steve raises Humberto all in. Humberto folds.Humberto wins the second pot.Nam wins the first pot. You can check http://savagetournaments.net/finaltable/ar..._annual_sav.php for next-to-instant udpates of table play or of course read below.

My brother's there and I was just talking to him on the phone; just a few seconds ago Daniel lost a pretty big pot to Humberto Brenes... board was J6334 with three clubs, Dan had AJ and Umberto had a flush of some sort, was about a 1.4 million pot. Hopefully he'll hang in there.

yea..that was the one hand I thought was funny too! I mean, the moderator didn't even say what happened in the hand. I guess the reporter missed the hand because he was too busy mesmerized by Daniel's makeup situation!! LOL. So, are they saying, Daniel actually looks better on Tv than in real life? HAHA..Its currently, on hand 57...interesting, looks like Jennifer doing well by staying clear of big showdowns while vinny and Humberto are willing to dance. Looks like one Jennifer will take at least #3.I'm going to get a beer, hopefully by the time I get back this thing is over and our man is the victor.ooops..just saw Jen..out in 4th

Wow. What a performance under pressure. Simply amazing. It makes my list of 2004 memories.

Decided not to stop up all night to follow the final table but logged on this morning fully expecting news of Daniel's victory (With that size of chip lead I would have fancied my own chances.... well, perhaps not :wink: )Wasn't disapointedCongrats Dan. Great way to end the year.$1.8mil... Mushu's getting more than a chew-toy for Christmas :angel:

I knew you would do it! Congratulations!! You haven't been my favorite pro for nothing since I started taking poker seriously 1 1/2 years ago. I was seriously giddy checking out the tournament updates since it started...

Who would have thought following a poker tournament online would be so interesting. Way to go Daniel, from a fellow Canuck.Now all we have to do is get everyone to stop referring to you as being from Las Vegas. Everyone knows you're from the Great White North, eh?Jeff

"The girls brought in the money and dropped it on the floor. They are going to do it again. "Haha, their only job is to look pretty and carry in a tray of money, and they messed it up! Now that's comedy. I'm sure Daniel won't mind a few smudges on his cash. First the WSOP, now this. Man, what a year!