Over the course of the next few weeks I plan on adding more and more book reviews as I have time. I'd like to give a more intense review of several books but I think it would only be appropriate if I actually re-read them to refresh my memory. Check back periodically for more indepth reviews.

I really like the ideal of all these book reveiws by Daniel. Without preaching and telling people to read and learn all you can, he shows us. We see how enthusiastic he is on reading othere people's material and the readers may start to think "Hey..maybe i'll give the book reading thing a try too!!"Here's the number one player in the world reading other people's material. hmmmmm hint hint :think:

I also think this idea is nifty, because I don't have a lot of extra $ lying around and would like to invest in books that could actually prove to be usefull, the public library is useless all they have is the two books written by Hellmuth and I didn't find those to be the most helpful(yes I am 20 and used the word nifty and think it is rad) early in the a.m. that is my excuse.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know Daniel hasn't done any books reviews in a while, but if he does have the time, I would like to see a Bob Ciaffone book review. As a primarily pl and nl poker player, I feel that his books have helped my game more than anyone else. I figure that "Improve Your Poker" has enought basic concepts that it would make for a good review.Thanks

• 1 year later...

He said he was reading a new book awhile ago.I believe it was HOH, but that's just my speculation from various hints. I'd love to see the review from him on that though.

In one of Daniel's recent blogs, it looked like he had the new Sklansky/Miller book. Have you read all of it yet? Any thoughts on it?

• 1 year later...
Over the course of the next few weeks I plan on adding more and more book reviews as I have time. I'd like to give a more intense review of several books but I think it would only be appropriate if I actually re-read them to refresh my memory. Check back periodically for more indepth reviews.
Could be one of the most depressing videos ive ever seen!
  • 3 months later...
He said he was reading a new book awhile ago.I believe it was HOH, but that's just my speculation from various hints. I'd love to see the review from him on that though.
I would also love to see his review of Harrington on Hold'em. Dan Harrington's books did more positive for my tournament game than really any other book that I've read. I would argue that he's probably done more deep thinking about tournament play than any other player out there, other than perhaps Paul Magriel. Paul and his propensity for simulations gone wild are sort of legendary. I'm sure he's got some great hold'em data floating around in his notes.
  • 2 years later...