Random Ncaa Football Observations Thread

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Taylor looks almost as disappointing as he did last year. Poor decision making, doesn't seem to feel the rush, doesn't get rid of the ball. And then they miss the field goal...lol.

I have a feeling Vegas is going to make a shitload this game. The line originally was at -2.5 for Boise St, then by the time the game started, the line had moved to -1.5 for VT. A lot of money must have been poured in from the sharps and squares on VT. Luckily, I was on the Boise St. side!

On that throw over the middle toward the end of the half, not only did Boise's QB overthrow the ball a bit, it looked like the WR quit on the play too. He's lucky that wasn't intercepted.

Anybody watching this Boise St./VT game?
This was really the only game during opening week that I cared about, but that ECU/Tulsa game was pretty ridiculous. Navy/Maryland was fun too. Football!
wow, what a game. that was exciting. if boise st. can beat oregon st in week 3, i think they go undefeated, and for some stupid reason wont get in the BCS championship game.
Honestly, if they run the table and Alabama or Ohio St. falters, I'd be very surprised if Boise St. didn't make the National Championship game this year. They got some first place votes in the most recent AP poll, and have the kind of early season momentum necessary to gain enough support to keep them afloat in the rankings. I think they are the clear #3 in most people's minds right now, and Texas/Florida/Oklahoma could run the table and catapult Boise, but the voters are probably scared of looking Anti-Boise right now, so they're in good shape. Go Broncos. Also: yes, the books probably did okay on that game, but the total sailed over -- always bad for a nationally televised game -- and I'm sure a lot of the sharps bought back with Boise St. once the number crossed the pick'em threshold and got to 1.5.EDIT: For Boise St., t's very important that Va Tech has a good season.
Honestly, if they run the table and Alabama or Ohio St. falters, I'd be very surprised if Boise St. didn't make the National Championship game this year. They got some first place votes in the most recent AP poll, and have the kind of early season momentum necessary to gain enough support to keep them afloat in the rankings. I think they are the clear #3 in most people's minds right now, and Texas/Florida/Oklahoma could run the table and catapult Boise, but the voters are probably scared of looking Anti-Boise right now, so they're in good shape. Go Broncos. Also: yes, the books probably did okay on that game, but the total sailed over -- always bad for a nationally televised game -- and I'm sure a lot of the sharps bought back with Boise St. once the number crossed the pick'em threshold and got to 1.5.EDIT: For Boise St., t's very important that Va Tech has a good season.
Yeah, I just saw the votes this morning, I was really surprised they about 8 first place votes, so you probably are right, they do have a shot at it. I was reading on it yesterday, and a lot of the sharps were on VT. They had it right, if VT just makes an extra first down in the final minutes. I think Ohio St. should run the table, but looking at Alabama's schedule, it looks so rough! There should be a loss in there somewhere to help Boise St.
Yeah, I just saw the votes this morning, I was really surprised they about 8 first place votes, so you probably are right, they do have a shot at it. I was reading on it yesterday, and a lot of the sharps were on VT. They had it right, if VT just makes an extra first down in the final minutes. I think Ohio St. should run the table, but looking at Alabama's schedule, it looks so rough! There should be a loss in there somewhere to help Boise St.
OSU will lose to Wisconsin and/or Iowa. I'm hoping for Wisconsin, myself.The problem for BSU will come when conference play starts. So many of the other national title contenders have very tough schedules and SEC and Big12 teams have tough, high-ranked conference championship games that will provide a substantial boost to their resumes. I'm not trying to bum you out, but it's going to be a scary ride for BSU fans.But really, I just want to see the Badgers in the National Championship.

I agree 100% that the bcs teams have a tougher schedule. I'm not really a huge Boise St fan, I just think it would be cool for a non bcs team to play for the national title.I'm a Oregon ducks fan! I think they have a shot at it with a pretty easy schedule compared to the sec, big 10, and big 12.

This was really the only game during opening week that I cared about, but that ECU/Tulsa game was pretty ridiculous. Navy/Maryland was fun too. Football!
Yep.LOL Turner Gill.
I'm on Marshall tonight @ +12.5I love betting on a home dog when it's a double digit point spread
I'm happy and sad. I'm happy I won my bet. Especially that I bet on an 0-1 team that just got blew out by Ohio St. vs a 23 ranked team in West Virginia. But I'm sad, that I only bet on the spread, I should have bet on them to win outright! Tactical Bear, do you think every makes sense to sprinkle any money on the ML on a big dog like that? Or is that stupid?

The ACC ****ing sucks.Miami looked good at times but still makes so many mistakes. They could win 10 games this year but I would not be surprised if they blew a couple winnable games with turnovers and dumbass mental errors. Pretty frustrating team to follow.