Oregon Ducks Thread

#1 rated team in the Pac-10. I think this can finally be our year with USC out of post-season contention. Masoli might be out, but we are still one of the most exciting teams in football. Go Ducks Go!!

• 1 month later...

Lets go STANFORRRRRDDDDDDDDDBut seriously. The games this week shouldn't even count, the teams they are playing are pretty much JC teams.It's really hard to predict what is going to go on in the Pac 10 with USC not being as great. Washington, Oregon, Stanford, Oregon St. (even though they lost this week), and Cal look like they can all contend for the title.

Lets go STANFORRRRRDDDDDDDDDBut seriously. The games this week shouldn't even count, the teams they are playing are pretty much JC teams.It's really hard to predict what is going to go on in the Pac 10 with USC not being as great. Washington, Oregon, Stanford, Oregon St. (even though they lost this week), and Cal look like they can all contend for the title.
I agree the Pac-10 is so wide open this year. Even though Oregon St. lost, I wouldn't be surprised if they won the Pac-10. Our ranking right now is #11, even though we won 72-0, I still don't think it will jump up too much, just because New Mexico is garbage. Even though New Mexico is garbage, I still think it's exciting that our back-up running back scored 5 TD's with our main guy (LaMichael James) out. I think it'll be crazy when we have both of them available. Big game though next week against Tennessee as they won 52-0 last week. I feel so bad for Tennessee, and any team in the SEC, such a brutal schedule. Tennessee plays Georgia, Florida, Alabama, and LSU. So horrible.

Rough start against Tennessee, but things look good now as up 3 touchdowns near the start of the 4th quarter. I highly doubt though that'll move up from #7 as everybody in the top 10 won except Boise St (as they were idle).

I agree the Pac-10 is so wide open this year. Even though Oregon St. lost, I wouldn't be surprised if they won the Pac-10. Our ranking right now is #11, even though we won 72-0, I still don't think it will jump up too much, just because New Mexico is garbage. Even though New Mexico is garbage, I still think it's exciting that our back-up running back scored 5 TD's with our main guy (LaMichael James) out. I think it'll be crazy when we have both of them available. Big game though next week against Tennessee as they won 52-0 last week. I feel so bad for Tennessee, and any team in the SEC, such a brutal schedule. Tennessee plays Georgia, Florida, Alabama, and LSU. So horrible.
TN can beat any of those four teams.. Nobody in the SEC looks like world beaters--at this point.
TN can beat any of those four teams.. Nobody in the SEC looks like world beaters--at this point.
I actually like LSU the best out of all those SEC teams. Alabama and Georgia are meh. Florida, I would be really surprised if they even stay in the top 25 by the time the year is done. All they have is Demps, after that, they have nothing.

Big win against Portland State 69-0. Still #5 in the rankings though.Next week is @ Arizona St. which should be a lot closer. Pretty pumped the Pac-10 did pretty well yesterday, especially Arizona against Iowa, which should maybe help the Ducks.

Solid win against Arizona St. last night. Down 14 early, but rallied to come back, these Ducks can sure score fast. Wow. Next week is hugeeee against #16 Stanford. It was a really good day for the Pac-10 last night, other then the Oregon St./Boise St. game. Stanford crushed Notre Dame, UCLA upset the Longhorns, and USC seems to finally really be clicking. I am dreaming about a Oregon/Boise St. National Title Game, but I don't think it can happen. I wonder if Alabama and Ohio St each lose a game, if Oregon can pass either TCU/Boise St, I think they can based on that they still play Stanford, UCLA, Oregon St, USC, and Arizona. The Pac-10 is playing a lot better then I originally thought it would this year. GO DUCKS GO!!!

Wow what a f*cking game. Horrible start for the Ducks in the 1st half. So many bad turnovers. The Ducks have been done before though this year and I think that's what helped them in this game. The 1st half though was like a video game, f'in crazy how many points there were scored. The 2nd half, Chip Kelly and the D-Coordinator's must have seen something, because they solved Luck and the Stanford O huge. Stanford seemed a little scared in the 2nd half and couldn't handle the pressure, while the Ducks could. I think the Ducks have a "chance" to become the #3 in the rankings because this was a real huge win, while Boise St. beat some team I've never heard of. QUACK QUACK QUACK!!!!I'm sad though that Washington beat USC. I think USC might drop out of the top 25 now. Ugh.

I was right... the Oregon Ducks have passed Boise St. in the AP poll, so they are #3 now. The Pac-10 in my opinion is the best conference in football this year. I don't even think the SEC is 2nd. I think the two best conferences this year at the Pac-10 and the Big-10.

whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Solid victory on the road + Alabama loss likely equals. Ducks moving into the #2 spot and now in the national title game assuming they win out (which can't be assumed, lol). Ducks control their own destiny right now. Still a lot of tough games left against USC, Arizona, and Oregon St. Most def not for sure victories, but atleast now the national title is in our own hands.

Solid victory on the road + Alabama loss likely equals. Ducks moving into the #2 spot and now in the national title game assuming they win out (which can't be assumed, lol).
For what it's worth, the AP poll has nothing to do with the BCS title game. Boise State will likely open as the BCS #1 next week because their schedule strength is heavily front-loaded while the BCS conference teams have weak competition early on. But I do think if the Ducks win out they'll be in the title game. TMQ starts his looooong column with several paragraphs about Oregon's "blur" offense.

I thought, things would get bad for us, because we were idle this week, but everything actually worked out great. Ohio St. losing likely will push us up to #1 in the AP, likely #2 in the BCS. Nebraska losing too, also knocks another good team out. The national title game now is pretty much in our own hands now as long as we don't lose. Arizona winning too helps our strength of schedule for that future matchup. We still have a lot of tough games though left in Arizona, USC, and Oregon St.

#1 in the AP Poll for the 1st time ever! WEEEEEEEEE
I thought they were #1 briefly in the Dennis Dixon year. Maybe it was just that they were going to be in the title game as #2 until he got hurt.BCS Top Ten:1. Oklahoma Sooners2. Oregon Ducks3. Boise State Broncos4. Auburn Tigers5. TCU Horned Frogs6. LSU Tigers7. Michigan State Spartans8. Alabama Crimson Tide9. Utah Utes10. Ohio State BuckeyesBy the way, I googled "bcs standings 2010" and clicked on the first link. This was the picture that accompanied the above rankings:oaklahoma-sooners-girl.jpg