Bill Simmons - Book Of Basketball

400 pages in lots of laugh - just as much insight - although he gets to mock years of stupidity with the after sight of having seen how it all turned outFunniest part so far - his insistance that he isn't being racist that Manute Bol was legitimately "F ucking Purple"

400 pages in lots of laugh - just as much insight - although he gets to mock years of stupidity with the after sight of having seen how it all turned outFunniest part so far - his insistance that he isn't being racist that Manute Bol was legitimately "F ucking Purple"
Yeah I really liked the book (although the in-depth description of a game against Martians was a bit much).The stuff about the ABA is priceless.

I'm only about one-third of the way through it, but I like it so far. The footnotes bring it to another level. I also got mine signed with a Dylan McKay quote that he chose. I felt like a loser amongst other losers, but my excuse is Borders is literally across the street from where I live so how could I not go.

• 2 weeks later...

have it, it's going slow, but solid. Mock game against martians? That part will be skipped. I hate hypothetical writing like that. ESPN Page 2 has a guy that is always doing stuff like that and I hate it. If I want fiction, I'll read a novel, I'm reading about sports.

have it, it's going slow, but solid. Mock game against martians? That part will be skipped. I hate hypothetical writing like that. ESPN Page 2 has a guy that is always doing stuff like that and I hate it. If I want fiction, I'll read a novel, I'm reading about sports.
It's at the end so you will feel like you have earned skipping it. Overall, a great book.
  • 2 weeks later...
I thoroughly enjoyed today's column on possible NBA trades.
It was a marathon column but well worth it. Always nice to hear about the Heat's awesome cap situation.....although he is right about the ticket situation here. I have never seen the premium seats offered for so little. I sat even with the 3 pt line last night for Heat/Jazz, 14 rows up for only 72/ticket. Those seats used to cost 135-150/ticket.
  • 1 year later...
It was a marathon column but well worth it. Always nice to hear about the Heat's awesome cap situation.....although he is right about the ticket situation here. I have never seen the premium seats offered for so little. I sat even with the 3 pt line last night for Heat/Jazz, 14 rows up for only 72/ticket. Those seats used to cost 135-150/ticket.
LOL @ this post. Things have changed a lot since then....
Yeah, I noticed that too.You should read the first couple pages of the offseason thread for more fun tidbits.
the stuff about Brandon Roy is a bit depressing.
But I did get one scenario that also had Lebron and Bosh joining him in Miami. That seems even more unlikely than Wade leaving.
hah.
Steven A Smith is a total douchbag who is always making crap up.
totally right and, yet, totally wrong.
If Wade leaves Miami, and they end up getting basically nothing out of this offseason, how long until Pat Riley retires?
bwahaahaha. No matter what happens, Pat Riley is an incredible GM.
You're in a bit of a fantasy land if you think any of the 3 you've mentioned (Felton, Haywood, Mike Miller) will be cheap. There will be a lot of money chasing not a lot of talent and there are going to be a lot of players being overpaid in that third tier of players.Miami might get one of those players at most.
Yep. They got one of them and Lebron. Man that was fun. Good advice.