Raised Tt On Bb Vs 2 Limpers On 7kq

Hello, I need some ideas regarding this hand. UTG+2 is a passive player 37/0 on 20 hands. To be honest when I bet here I was not thinking that since UTG+2 is so passive that he's limp/calling range could've been wider than what I thought of at the moment. I honestly thought that it was a bad flop to c-bet TT b/c KQ could be in UTG's range but since i'm out of position I rather bet/fold or bet and check the turn (to try and buy a cheap showdown after villain has shown resistance) than to check and have him bet and then I would have to fold.what do you think about my play?what would you do? why?Thanks in advance![converted_hand][hand_history]Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 PlayersPoker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. View Hand #12728722UTG+1: $1.62 (81 bb)UTG+2: $1.97 (98.5 bb)MP1: $2.01 (100.5 bb)MP2: $0.86 (43 bb)MP3: $0.80 (40 bb)CO: $0.77 (38.5 bb)BTN: $2.81 (140.5 bb)SB: $4.98 (249 bb)Hero (BB): $3.60 (180 bb)Preflop: Hero is BB with T:spade: T:heart:UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.02, 5 folds, SB completes, Hero raises to $0.08, UTG+2 calls $0.06, SB foldsFlop: ($0.18) 7:diamond: K:club: Q:heart: (2 players)Hero bets $0.10

I'd probably go bigger pre-flop (to $.12) since villain's so loose-passive, but that's a quibble.Betting flop is fine, but it'll generally be hard to get called by many worse hands unless villain's a drooler. If he's a loose-passive drooler, betting this street for value's great. I'd generally be tempted to check here a decent amount of the time to evaluate his action. If we're ahead, the board's dry enough that villain likely doesn't have too many outs to beat us. Like, I'd generally expect villain to have 99-22, Ax, some broadways, and some connectors. If we're ahead, we're not too worried about that range.Being OOP does lean me to betting a bit more than if I were in position.

• 2 weeks later...

Against someone this passive I wouldn't be as worried about getting bluffed if we check the flop and I'd be fine check/folding. But betting has it's merits too since against this kind of fish you can get called by worse like 87, AJ, J9, etc and get to showdown most of the time. I don't think one option is vastly superior to the other with this little information though.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah ... not too much information to work with. How much do you raise from the BB? Does it have the respect if you c-bet OOP (implying AK or better). I agree that a larger pre-Flop bet size would not be a bad thing for a little more narrowing of your opponent's range, especially since you are OOP. A smallish probing c-bet on the Flop shows him you respect his call and then you can wait and see what he does ... most likely call. Then you can improve on the Turn and make a choice of another pot controling bet or a check and see approach. I think in either case you will get an answer from him on the Turn with a 2nd call, bet or raise (you are behind in all cases). If you pick up some draws on the Turn, then you can consider sticking around ... but don't feel too bad about a fold here either, regardless of what street it comes on.

I think what you did is fine.Personally id probably make the pre flop raise abit bigger to about .10 or ,12, just to extract abit more value out of our hands and also to help us define the villians hand range.Post flop, check-fold or a c-bet is fine, id probably lean towards a healthy c-bet just to take down the pot right there and if the villian calls id probably shut down the turn.. we're rarely getting bluffed by someone whos this passive especially in this spot.