The Official Obama Appointment Thread

So far we have the following:Chief of Staff: Rahm EmanuelSec State: Hillary ClintonSec Defense: Gates?Sec Homeland Security : Janet Napolitano Commerce Secretary : Penny Pritzker ( ran Obama's campaign fundraising ) Bill RichardsonAttorney General: Eric HolderSecretary of Health and Human Services: Tom DaschleOffice of Budget and Management: Peter OrszagTreasury Secretary : Timothy GeithnerDiscuss

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far we have the following:
Well, it's a bit early, but I'll have a stab at it:Chief of Staff: Rahm Emanuel -- I've seen two separate descriptions of him. On the one hand, he is described as a Clinton moderate; on the other hand he is described as a radical Democratic hack. I'd believe he's somewhere in between except for the radio interview he did where he laughed at concerns about a "mandatory service" program in which all college-age kids would be forced to spend a summer living in barracks getting military training. He acted like such a program would be no big deal and mocked the interviewer for questioning him on it. So a big thumbs down.Sec State: Hillary? -- bwah hah ha bwah.... lol, omg, wtf? No, really. She lost, here's our chance to forget her once and for all. Let her career die.Sec Defense: Gates? -- a career military and service guy, highly regarded, probably as good as anyone in a fairly thankless position.Sec Homeland Security : Janet Napolitano -- this department needs to go away, so unless that's her plan, she already sucks.Commerce Secretary : Penny Pritzker ( ran Obama's campaign fundraising ) -- see Homeland SecurityAttorney General: Eric Holder -- seems well qualified, can't be any worse than the yahoos Bush had in there.Secretary of Health and Human Services: Tom Daschle -- one of the 10 worst politicians in America. He should be tortured and shipped to another country, not put in charge of vast piles of money.Office of Budget and Management: Peter Orszag -- too lazy to look up this one.
Sec Homeland Security : Janet Napolitano Discuss
Good Riddance to this disaster. In 2006 we had a 500+ Mill surplus. The State is now 1.5 B in debt. wtf?My only fear now (outside of her obvious ineptitude)is that she is horrifically pro illegal and will likely fail miserably at this new position.And Hitlery as SoS ??????? LMAO.What are the chances that the inner battles get so huge in the White House that NOTHING meaningful gets accomplished?
What are the chances that the inner battles get so huge in the White House that NOTHING meaningful gets accomplished?
We can hope. We can only hope.

I was very disappointed that Bill Richardson was not picked for SoS. I dont see that as being Hilary's forte.Holder is a good choice for AG. Daschle was a crappy pick (but his post is not one of the important ones. I assume this was an appease the DNC pick). Emanuel sounds like a douchebag.....which means he is perfect for chief of staff. That is their most important job function.

Not sure about Holder... He should face tough bipartisan challenges in the senate.. His involvement in the Marc Rich pardon is very shady.. Rich was a the #2 fugitive on the most wanted list, arms runner & tax evader who denounced his citizenship

Could be better, could be worse. Hilary for SoS is okay. I'm fairly certain that she's capable of doing the job. Secretary of Defense - don't mind Gates holding over from Bush. He was part of Bush I team and therefore not the neocon that his predecessor was. Chief of Staff - Emanuel seems to have the ******* factor that's pretty much a requirement for this position. Dashle is so old time that I'm really sorry to see him in charge of anything in this administration. The others I don't know enough about to comment.

Could be better, could be worse. Hilary for SoS is okay. I'm fairly certain that she's capable of doing the job. Secretary of Defense - don't mind Gates holding over from Bush. He was part of Bush I team and therefore not the neocon that his predecessor was. Chief of Staff - Emanuel seems to have the ******* factor that's pretty much a requirement for this position. Dashle is so old time that I'm really sorry to see him in charge of anything in this administration. The others I don't know enough about to comment.
Well we know she is capable of landing in hot LZs and dodging bullets. Other than that I am not sure why she is capable of anything that doesn't have to do with destroying women's reputations in order to protect her husband who cheats on her more than Russ Hamilton at a blind players poker tournament
Also Thursday, Chicago businesswoman Penny Pritzker said that she is not a candidate for secretary of commerce in the Obama administration.Pritzker said that she "never submitted any information for the vetting process to begin" and that "while there were discussions, I was never formally offered the position."I have obligations here in Chicago that make it difficult for me to serve at this time."So she's got skeletonsAny guesses?I don't think the illegal nanny would be right here, maybe a little worried about some of her campaign collection techniques?
Not sure about Holder... He should face tough bipartisan challenges in the senate.. His involvement in the Marc Rich pardon is very shady.. Rich was a the #2 fugitive on the most wanted list, arms runner & tax evader who denounced his citizenship
And Holder was on the steller team that looked at all the people in the United States and felt Biden would be a good person to take over should Obama not finish his term...So he helped a guy bilk the government out of hundreds of millions of tax dollars, and thinks Biden is a potential leader...
Well we know she is capable of landing in hot LZs and dodging bullets. Other than that I am not sure why she is capable of anything that doesn't have to do with destroying women's reputations in order to protect her husband who cheats on her more than Russ Hamilton at a blind players poker tournament
It has nothing to do with her ability, its:1. Keep your enemies close to you2. Keep them out of the country and out of his hair a lot of the time3. Eliminate her as an opponent in 2012all at the same time. Brilliant.
It has nothing to do with her ability, its:1. Keep your enemies close to you2. Keep them out of the country and out of his hair a lot of the time3. Eliminate her as an opponent in 2012all at the same time. Brilliant.
That's true but the job is also to be the top diplomat in the US and the Clintons are viewed in a very good light by most of the rest of the World. She'll bring her own gravitas to the position along with what goes along with being the Secretary of State no matter how it is.
That's true but the job is also to be the top diplomat in the US and the Clintons are viewed in a very good light by most of the rest of the World. She'll bring her own gravitas to the position along with what goes along with being the Secretary of State no matter how it is.
Slick Willie is viewed in a good light because he can be bought and because he's weak. If she just parrots Nobama they may have more of the same. But there is also a high probability she can gum things up for him.
Slick Willie is viewed in a good light because he can be bought and because he's weak. If she just parrots Nobama they may have more of the same. But there is also a high probability she can gum things up for him.
BushSaudiKing.jpgimage690875x.jpg

Added Richardson, and the Sec Treasury guyAnd for the record I agree with Bob, when our President visits other countries, THEY should adopt OUR traditions, we shouldn't adopt theirs.Good call Bobbie

Bill Richardson -- Commerce, maybe? -- He's too good of a choice for such a lame position. The only good news is it helps keep him in the public eye, if only tangentially. This is a Democrat that I could vote for for president, because of his strong stance on individual rights and he believes in cutting taxes, not growing govt. Hopefully, he'll influence the Obama administration rather than vice versa. He's not perfect, but for a national politician, and especially for a Democrat, he's pretty darn good. Hopefully he'll stick to his principles and keep getting more influence in Washington.EDIT: On further review, I give him a 6 out of 10 -- still not bad for a national politician, but still pretty shaky.

wtg, BHO. You managed to dropped Dow over 100 points and dampen the "citigroup rally"
But he just picked a bunch of people that are going to help him save the economy, the planet, the car manufactures, create millions of new jobs while building windmill farms and cars that run on hope.It's like he's still campaigning
But he just picked a bunch of people that are going to help him save the economy, the planet, the car manufactures, create millions of new jobs while building windmill farms and cars that run on hope.It's like he's still campaigning
You sound like you dont think hes started his 2012 campaign for King of the Universe yet.