so it has come to this

okay people, I finally have to sack up and do what I've not been wanting to do for a while, and that is ask for some finanical help for my roll, in other words, a stake. right now my roll is around 1400-1700. I have had to take out some money in the past to pay for bills and what not. I am tired of playing 2/4 and I know that I can play higher. basically I've been in a rut since late april/early may. Its been about a 30K hand stretch. It hasn't been all downswing, I've gone up for a bit, and then gone down, and I've been on breakeven for periods of time too. I have also taken breaks from play for extended amounts of time, so its not like I have been playing 5-7 days a week since late april.what I am looking for is a stake from 2K-4K. It would be a 3 month commitment initially. If the staker is staisfied with my results in that period of time, then we can make an agreement to continue it further. The staker would get 50% of the action of their stake. so basically I'd prefer one person stake me, but if several people stake me, then you need to remember that it is 50% of what you stake me. Since I have an okay roll already there will have to be a perecentage figrued out for what the payouts will end up being. Whoever decides to stake me would also get full acess to me personally. I will give out my personal phone # and will email you HHs at your request. I will be making a new PT database for this so that the staker can see what is happening to their money. My last stats that I updated in late may( I now have a new comp and have been lazy taking PT off of my old comp) were basically looking like 18-19.5 VPIP(which is likely to be a little higher now), 10-13% PFR(that is probably the same), ag factor goes anywhere from 3.25-4, and my BB/100 was at 1.65-1.85 when last updated(and that was with a real rough patch in that database, so my winrate might be higher)I plan on playing basically LHE and Stud, but I will play LimitO8, PLO, NLHE, and sometimes tournies and sngs. For any of the big bet games I will ask you for clearance as to what limts you would desire me to play, and what buy-ins that you wouldn't have a problem with. I have a solid record for what little tourny play that I have done. As far as MTTs, I have entered probably around 20 since I started playing online poker seriously in janurary. I have cashedin aobut 8 of them, one of them getting to the last two tables in a 1K entrant tourny. My SnG cash/win rate is fairly solid also for the small amount that I have entered. I don't have any records off hand, but I feel that I do fairly well for someone who doesn't concentrate on playing them. If I qualify for any major tournies online, then the agreement carries over to whatever event that I might qualify for whether or not we are still in a current agreement at the time of the eventIt is my intention to play anywhere from 2/4 full-5/10 full(with 6 max games at the 2/4 and 3/6 levels of course being added in) depending on game condidtions, and will play at whatever site has the best games going at that time. THis of course is with a view to playing 5/10 6 max, 10/20 full, 10/20 6 max, and 15/30 full in the near future. I only want serious inquries, and I have asked jayson to delete any needless flames. I will honor all agreements and am a man of my word. All I want to do is make money, and if I need some help to do that, then I can deal with that. I will track every session down to what time I played, how many tables, what site(s) I played on, and how many hands I played in that session. I will be meticulous in my records so that both I and any staker can know exactly what is happening. Obviously if anyone wants to stake me more then what I am looking for, that is okay by me, it is all up to whoever. THe least amount of cash I would accept from someone is 1K, as anything less is really just a hassle. I am not gonna claim that this is some great opportunity for someone to make money doing nothing, I give no garuntees about anything other than I will always play my A game, and if I feel that I am not, then I will do what I always do and end a session immeaditely. I know that there is a level of trust and will do whatever I can meet that level. Thank you for spending the time to read this and if you are serious about this then shoot me a PM or email me with the header being "stake".-keith

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Justblaze justscored 3.6k last night on a 5.5 rebuy. I always think of the two of you as the brother posters of this forum. Maybe he'll see this post.Not that I'm volunteering thousands of dollars from justblaze or anything.

dawg? do you have a job? or do you have to keep that seperate from your poker account?I mean, if you had a job and you could do this, why not work for a set amount of time and put some away towards your poker account every month, keep playing, and with your added "bonus" move up accordingly?I obviously don't know your financial situation...just thinking out loud.- Jordan

dawg? do you have a job? or do you have to keep that seperate from your poker account?I mean, if you had a job and you could do this, why not work for a set amount of time and put some away towards your poker account every month, keep playing, and with your added "bonus" move up accordingly?I obviously don't know your financial situation...just thinking out loud.- Jordan
I'm currently looking for a job. This had been my main source of income for a while. I lived off of money that I had made in the past, but I really try to keep this seperate and don't want to mix my non poker assests with poker. If I were to do that, then I'd be playing much much higher then I have been
I'm currently looking for a job. This had been my main source of income for a while. I lived off of money that I had made in the past, but I really try to keep this seperate and don't want to mix my non poker assests with poker. If I were to do that, then I'd be playing much much higher then I have been
Then are you looking for a stake in order to play higher limits such that getting a non-poker job may not be necessary?Why would a person want to take this risk, and stake you?I'm not familiar with these set-ups.Help me with the math...Let's say I give you $2,500 and You have $1,500 already. $4000 BRSo I would have contributed 5/8 of the total BR.If you go on to win $4,000 in 3 months, do I get 5/8 of $4,000 + my $2,500 back?If you go on to lose $1,000 in 3 months, do I get 5/8 of $3000?If you go on to lose $4,000 in 3 months, do I get nothing back ?Basically, do I end up with X% of your bank roll, where X% is my initial contribution to the bankroll?Is my payout one time, and at the end of 3-months?see, I don't know anything about how this works, but may be interested someday.thanks.

Grind it out!Good luck getting a backer. Your stats look like you should be able to move up to higher limits on your own.Thanks for your input in the strat section. again, grind it out and good luck

we talked about this b4..what I didnt take into acct is that I was going to start living by myself again and now that im here I realize I have a lot of spending to do. Anyway my offer still stands, If by the end of the month (when I cashout my earnings) I have enough to stake u I will. Obviously though, you might already have a stake and u wont need one, so..just let me know by then. good luck w/ it though.

Then are you looking for a stake in order to play higher limits such that getting a non-poker job may not be necessary?Why would a person want to take this risk, and stake you?I'm not familiar with these set-ups.Help me with the math...Let's say I give you $2,500 and You have $1,500 already. $4000 BRSo I would have contributed 5/8 of the total BR.If you go on to win $4,000 in 3 months, do I get 5/8 of $4,000 + my $2,500 back?If you go on to lose $1,000 in 3 months, do I get 5/8 of $3000?If you go on to lose $4,000 in 3 months, do I get nothing back ?Basically, do I end up with X% of your bank roll, where X% is my initial contribution to the bankroll?Is my payout one time, and at the end of 3-months?see, I don't know anything about how this works, but may be interested someday.thanks.
like I said, there is no garuntee of me winning, but I feel that I am a winning player and would make money for those that would wish to back me. It is up to whoever wants to take the risk to stake me, I feel that I could make money, and by playing higher then it would be win/win. If someone contributes 2500 to me, they'd get 50% of that action, so I don't know what that would come out to. THe payout is however it gets worked out between the staker and I. I have never been staked, so if I go on to lose in a 3 month period then that would be worked out however it needs to be worked out. Yes, I could grind it out, but really I'm looking for a way to play higher and have a BR that enables me to take full advantage of whatever table is best play at at the time, this in of itself would lead to less varience. I would also be very conservative with the roll and if I get a 3K stake lets say, my BR would then be at 4.5K, I wouldn't move up to 10/20 full full time until I hit 10-12K for a BR, and wouldn't play at the 5/10 6 max tables until I had a 650-700 BB br for it
we talked about this b4..what I didnt take into acct is that I was going to start living by myself again and now that im here I realize I have a lot of spending to do. Anyway my offer still stands, If by the end of the month (when I cashout my earnings) I have enough to stake u I will. Obviously though, you might already have a stake and u wont need one, so..just let me know by then. good luck w/ it though.
if you still want to stake me I wouldn't turn it down. I won't turn down any stake basically, I'd just like to be in a situation where I can choose what limit and table will be the most profitable for that period of time
I wouldn't move up to 10/20 full full time until I hit 10-12K for a BR
thats uberly conservative is it not?
yes, but I'm not gonna fuck around with someone else's money, plus I'd want to be a bit overrolled for the inevitable swing that exist in it

I'm over-rolling myself for when I jump from 3/6 to 5/10 short handed.I'm not sure how much but I think I will move up to 5/10 once I have 500 bb and not just my 300 now.besides the more hands I get at 3/6 the more experience.i think over rolling yourself for short handed play is smart.good luck kdawg.- Jordan

I'd stake you if I had the money.To anyone who might potentially stake him, KDawg is legit, and could very well brag about his abilities if he wanted to. His PT stats show him crushing 3/6 for, I think 1.87 BB for well over 10k hands.

If you cannot make a living at 3-6 running 1.85/100, how can you do it at 5-10? Sounds like you may need to get a job either way and grind out the 3-6 for now. This gives you some method to pay back any losses if you must.If your gonna get staked, you need enough to play the limits where a 1.85/100 can suffice all of your expense needs. Obviously at 3-6 you were making money, but not enough to pay these expenses, thus you had to dip into your bankroll....

i would probably do this, a full stake for something in the 2500-3k range. i'll send a pm, but i might want to sit at a table with you first for a bit to get a better idea of how your play actually looks.

i would probably do this, a full stake for something in the 2500-3k range.  i'll send a pm, but i might want to sit at a table with you first for a bit to get a better idea of how your play actually looks.
that's playing under pressure for sure.
i would probably do this, a full stake for something in the 2500-3k range.  i'll send a pm, but i might want to sit at a table with you first for a bit to get a better idea of how your play actually looks.
Yeah, might want to randomly railbird him instead, get a more accurate assessment.
Yeah, might want to randomly railbird him instead, get a more accurate assessment.
generally, you're right, but the reason i want to do this is to throw some tricky play at him that doesn't exist at 2/4 or so. besides, if i'm gonna be his sugar daddy, i can do whatever i want with him. :club:
generally, you're right, but the reason i want to do this is to throw some tricky play at him that doesn't exist at 2/4 or so. besides, if i'm gonna be his sugar daddy, i can do whatever i want with him. :club:
remind me to never get staked.Oh wait, I'm not good yet.Well..someday.
remind me to never get staked.Oh wait, I'm not good yet.Well..someday.
well, when you are, give me a ring. i have a pink rubber ball, some leath--oh, wait, i mean, some money--waiting for you.
Fair enough :D I hear they're buying KY stock these days....