im playing alot of hands

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they're suited I'd do it for sure... offsuit... kinda one of those whim choices for me. Depends how the table has been going, although I couldn't tell you the paramaters I would go from, you just get a feel at some point. But I wouldn't say it's all that crazy... but with no raises, you might be counterfietted a bit. I'd say if UTG raised and you had them all call, then you are even better off.

ill just play a "few extra hands" and I feel comfortable, so I "add a few more". I think it's going to get ugly soon.I called Q8s outside of the blinds the other day. :?**seeing flops has become an addiction. I need help**

ill just play a "few extra hands" and I feel comfortable, so I "add a few more". I think it's going to get ugly soon.I called Q8s outside of the blinds the other day. :?**seeing flops has become an addiction. I need help**
Yeah... need to kick that.Q8? What kinda flop do you even want to see? lol. I have no idea.

Yeah, from late I'd call with those too. As long as you have some limpers in there.J10o is one of those hands I'm never really sure where I can call and where I need to fold it though. Which is strange because if it was Q10o then I have no problem folding it almost anywhere, but J10 I always feel the need to play it. Weird.

Oh man, WRTO. Are you winning? I went though a phase like this 5-7 months ago. I started to "open up" and then I saw myself play 9T0 and A90 on consecutive hands, and realized I had a problem.I generally like having a tight-aggro image so that I can play on autopilot, and people generally stay out of my way. I don't like it when people are 3betting me with top pair/weak kicker or raising me with middle pair on the flop, so whenever I start getting out of line, I have to quickly fix myself. Otherwise, I have to think too hard and start missing bets all over the place.And if you're gonna play crappy hands, at least raise with them if you're on the button, okay?Ice

If they're suited I'd do it for sure...
uuurrggg. i hate that response. I understand that you have flush outs, and a decent amount of the time someone doesn't have a higher flush....but say you flop a flush or hit it on the turn...then you have to try to protect your hand from bigger redraws, which is not easy to do in limit, and you have to put in a lot of money into usually smaller pots in no limit. i'm not saying i don't play them, and yes I do understand how they're much better drawing hands than non-suited connectors, but they can also get you into lots of trouble. In some recent posts several people were raving about a post on the 2+2 forums where a guy is talking about limping in with K4 suited. Well if you'll limp with suited cards to hit a flush/trips/2-pair, what's bad with limping with connected cards trying to hit a straight/trips/2-pair. I just hate the "if it was suited" response unless we're talking A-rag.

I know. I do realize it adds a lot to a hand. And I realize that with good post-flop play you know when your flush isn't good and you can get away from it. I've just seen a lot of people go down big when they hit their 6 or 8 or 10 high flush. Mostly in NL, but in limit too. I just laugh when i hear people say stuff like "I only play connectors when they're suited." I once told a guy I wish he would hit his 7 high flush with his connectors he only plays when they're suited. And later that night he did, and I hit a K high. And then I had all of his money...

this happened to me when I thought I was awesome in NL.. its not a good thing really, especially in limit holdem IMHO.

I think I limped on the button with T9o a couple of times this evening in limit. I think that's my cut-off on non-suited connectors on the button. I'm still a bit uncomfortable with it. JTo also for that matter.

I don't see a problem w/Q8s. C'mon chris, stop your belly aching :club: There's nothing wrong with playing it behind a couple of limpers with you being in good posoition. Some of you guys play way too tight, you're missing out on good moneymaking opportunities
I don't see a problem w/Q8s. C'mon chris, stop your belly aching :club: There's nothing wrong with playing it behind a couple of limpers with you being in good posoition. Some of you guys play way too tight, you're missing out on good moneymaking opportunities
I can play Q8s outside the blinds for a few reasons.1. I am against late postion limpers on button or CO. I may limp too.2. Folded to me Button/CO. I Usually raise.3. 3-4 limpers and I am in late position. I may call.4. 5+ limpers in front of me hello raise.6. I am a against weak passive players. I can play the hand from any postion dependind on the amount of players I expect. I am considering any 5+ callers a victory. fwiw & Imho
But his response is valid. We are already connected, suitedness adds alot to the hand.
Not really. Mess around with something like PokerStove and you'll find suitedness generally bumps your equity a couple of points preflop, but not by a ton. Most players overrate suitedness for connectors pretty heavily. Generally, if you're in a preflop situation where playing T9s is a bright idea, T9o is almost certainly OK, too. The tough part is finding situations where it's a bright idea... loose passive tables where you can see a flop cheaply and count on lots of callers when you hit are ideal.