Poker Stars $4.00+$0.40 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t15/t30 Blinds - 8 players - View hand 887113The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterBB: t1010 33.67 BBsUTG: t1255 41.83 BBsUTG+1: t8345 278.17 BBsMP1: t1530 51 BBsMP2: t1290 43 BBsCO: t1330 44.33 BBsBTN: t1832 61.07 BBsHero (SB): t1308 43.60 BBsPre Flop: (t45) Hero is SB with J :ts J :spade:UTG calls t30, UTG+1 calls t30, 1 fold, MP2 calls t30, 2 folds, Hero raises to t155, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls t125, 1 foldFlop: (t400) 2 :club: Q :4h 8 :5c(2 players)Hero bets t222, UTG+1 calls t222Turn: (t844) 3 :3h(2 players)Hero checks, UTG+1 bets t150, Hero calls t150River: (t1144) 6 :qh(2 players)Hero checks, UTG+1 bets t240, Hero foldsNo reads, hvaing trouble putting on villain on anything other then a Q with something. do you mind how this played out?

For that price, I am probably calling.
your calling the river with an overcard, flush and a st8 out there? or calling turn?
your calling the river with an overcard, flush and a st8 out there? or calling turn?
Yes because none of those draws were really there on the flop when you led. Still, villain probably has a Q, but it's too cheap to fold.
So you're saying that the opponent called the flop with backdoor draws? You really think he's floating you with 45 there?
So you're saying that the opponent called the flop with backdoor draws? You really think he's floating you with 45 there?
no, but i doubt villain decides to bluff the river after playing this passively. at this level almost nobody bluffs. and the fact he limped called pre his range is probably pretty wide.
For reals?
uhm yah. 60% of people are loose passive donks. 25% are bad wannabe Tags. every now and then you run into a good aggro players. not that often. most everybody plays their hands st8 forward.
uhm yah. 60% of people are loose passive donks. 25% are bad wannabe Tags. every now and then you run into a good aggro players. not that often. most everybody plays their hands st8 forward.
You're excluding the fact that he can value-own himself in this spot with many hands.

His bet sizing is never much here. Sometimes a queen. Rarely better than middle pair though.When you check here on the turn to a lot of the bad players at low stakes they will just default bet with almost anything they have. Plenty are capable of "bluffing" although they never really put much thought into it.

i mean, if we are calling turn why fold river when it changes absolutely nothing?Edit: really just responded and didn't read any of the other posts....but in a 4.40, people's play is HORRIBLE and he will show up with a lot of worse hands thinking like 99 and stuff is good. But I want to hear your reasoning for folding over calling? Why would you call the turn if your gonna fold to a blank river?

In 4.40s, I beg to differ.
lol. such an easy call down given the size of his bets in relation to the pot.
It's called a "suck bet". Chances are he has a Q. Big stacks don't bully using pot odds oriented value bets. If you don't mind playing with half a stack (hell, you're already there pretty much), then call and shrug as he tables a nekkid Q ftw.Or fold if you have some discipline, realising the 240 you just probably saved is going to allow you to bluff shove some position hands in order to bring some chips back your way.
;klasdjfl;kasdjfl;asdj ****ing head explode!!!!
because i expected a lot of hands he is value owning use with to not fire both streets. and the sizing is small on both streets. it seems like he is begging me to call
because i expected a lot of hands he is value owning use with to not fire both streets. and the sizing is small on both streets. it seems like he is begging me to call
I don't make that read in these spots usually. I really don't think his range changes much from turn to river and I'd see the bet sizing as weakness more than anything. You need to be good like 1 in 6 here to break even and I wouldn't be surprised if you're good more than half the time.