Laptop Screen Spewing A Bolt

so in the bottom left hand corner of my laptop the top of a bolt just popped out (it was sheared in half) and now the bezel? part of the laptop screen is popping out. It makes a crazy noise when I close the laptop, I am pretty sure it just looks like the bolt that connects the screen to the hinge split in half. anyone ever deal with this, I am pretty sure that my warranty has long since expired.

maybe bring it back to the place you bought it andt ehy most likely have some extra screws or whatever lying aroundespecially if that place does computer repairsor just bring it to a computer repair shop....GL

anyone ever deal with this, I am pretty sure that my warranty does not cover tilt-related damage.
FYP
Live in the Toronto area? I know someone who's an expert in laptop repairs.
Sorry Boston, MA the more I think about it the more I think having a professional deal with this is the way to go. I called dell and they said that they would send me a box and then I send them the laptop, I am on hold finding out how much this is going to cost. I have a feeling though I am going to take it to someone local.$200 dollars dell wants to replace a damn screw...
the more I think about it the more I think having a professional deal with this is the way to go. I called the deli...
Get me a Turkey and provolone on wheat with some onions, hot peppers, and a thin layer of mayo. Thanks.
Sorry Boston, MA the more I think about it the more I think having a professional deal with this is the way to go. I called dell and they said that they would send me a box and then I send them the laptop, I am on hold finding out how much this is going to cost.I have a feeling though I am going to take it to someone local.$200 dollars dell wants to replace a damn screw...
Laptops are not like normal computers when it comes to builds/repairs. A generic computer repair shop is more than likely ill equipped to fix the computer, so you definitely want to go with a professional who specializes in laptop repair (ie in this case the people you bought it from Dell). As for the $200 to replace a screw, there is a bit more involved than just replacing a screw but it does sound a bit steep. My unsolicited advice is to not buy laptops from Dell,...strike that ...computers from Dell in general. I have seen a set of 25 laptops go from brand new to a pile of junk with assorted problems (including I think two of your exact situation) and other problems. All in a matter of about 8 months. I have had laptops for about 9 years now, and thus far the best companies I have found are...Acer and Asus for performance notebooks, and sadly I would say sony for the budget notebook although I would like to emphasize the word budget. I will say I have nothing against the Lenovo thinkpads or Toshiba sattellites but haven't heard much about them either.Well GL with your problem, it always sucks when your laptop goes out of commission after you have grown accustomed to having it handy all the time.
maybe bring it back to the place you bought it andt ehy most likely have some extra screws or whatever lying aroundespecially if that place does computer repairsor just bring it to a computer repair shop....GL
Extra screw....showoff....just give me one!
Laptops are not like normal computers when it comes to builds/repairs. A generic computer repair shop is more than likely ill equipped to fix the computer, so you definitely want to go with a professional who specializes in laptop repair (ie in this case the people you bought it from Dell). As for the $200 to replace a screw, there is a bit more involved than just replacing a screw but it does sound a bit steep. My unsolicited advice is to not buy laptops from Dell,...strike that ...computers from Dell in general. I have seen a set of 25 laptops go from brand new to a pile of junk with assorted problems (including I think two of your exact situation) and other problems. All in a matter of about 8 months. I have had laptops for about 9 years now, and thus far the best companies I have found are...Acer and Asus for performance notebooks, and sadly I would say sony for the budget notebook although I would like to emphasize the word budget. I will say I have nothing against the Lenovo thinkpads or Toshiba sattellites but haven't heard much about them either.Well GL with your problem, it always sucks when your laptop goes out of commission after you have grown accustomed to having it handy all the time.
it isn't out of commission by any stretch it is just mostly annoying, at first I thought it was going to ruin my screen because it was bending the plastic around it pretty seriously but apparently the screen isn't really attached to the part that is bending. Sigh Dell will get there $200 bills as soon as I get my check from pokerstars.To bad nobody takes Pokerstars money as a form of currency.
it isn't out of commission by any stretch it is just mostly annoying, at first I thought it was going to ruin my screen because it was bending the plastic around it pretty seriously but apparently the screen isn't really attached to the part that is bending. Sigh Dell will get there $200 bills as soon as I get my check from pokerstars.
I was actually referring to the general turn around time for these repairs. I would expect to wait about two weeks or more.
it isn't out of commission by any stretch it is just mostly annoying, at first I thought it was going to ruin my screen because it was bending the plastic around it pretty seriously but apparently the screen isn't really attached to the part that is bending. Sigh Dell will get there $200 bills as soon as I get my check from pokerstars.To bad nobody takes Pokerstars money as a form of currency.
I actually just had this same problem with my laptop.I have a Dell Latitude laptop, and the tech that came to fix it said they had this problem a lot. The actually have to replace the entire lid to the laptop since the hinge piece is connected to the lid - So that's probably why it costs $200.On a side note, I have had outstanding customer service experience with Dell. Are you sure your computer isn't under warranty anymore? Try going on their customer service website with the service tag number from your computer. Go into a chat with their customer service.They had a contracted tech meet me at my school today before class, he fixed it on the spot in about 10 minutes at no charge. I have had this computer for almost three years now, and have had amazing service from Dell.Good luck.
I have had outstanding customer service experience with Dell.
You have to be joking.I have had nothing but headaches from Dell, their customer service, and their technicians. It's a tossup for the incompetence award between them and Linksys.

I have a lap top question. I have a gateway and the plug in the back is a lose connection so the screen is constantley flashing as it goes from Batter to DC. Can this be repaired?

I have a lap top question. I have a gateway and the plug in the back is a lose connection so the screen is constantley flashing as it goes from Batter to DC. Can this be repaired?
This is another common problem, only for Gateway's this time obv.It can be repaired but I am pretty sure its another steep price tag. PS - If you think it sucks for you, my friend who has the problem has no functioning battery so whenever it happens to him his computer shuts off.
Yes. If you can find a local repair shop they might be able to do it. Even some TV/electronic (non-computer) repair places can fix this problem if they have a board level repair tech on site... or you can ship it out to gateway i'm sure.
You have to be joking.I have had nothing but headaches from Dell, their customer service, and their technicians. It's a tossup for the incompetence award between them and Linksys.
I'm not joking in the least.Keyboard broke - They sent me a new one with tools to replace.Battery recall - sent me a new onePower cord died - sent me a new oneScreen hinge broke - sent a technician to fix it for meWell worth it.