• Please log in to reply
14408 replies to this topic

#41 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 48,802 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 08:10 AM

Why dont all the Pens fans get together(total of 369 of you) and admit that you are jealous of a real franchise...You cant even keep a team in your city..Why dont you come to Toronto and see what a real team looks like...SO YOU HAVE COSBY, MAKLINA, STEALER, FLARRY...Who cares...your team is not a real team and wont be in Pittsburgh much longer..Live with it..The leafs are a real franchise and the Pens are a MICKEY MOUSE team that cant even keep their team in the city..JEALOUSY WONT GET YOU MUCH
Owner of the Mustangs, 2014-2015 AHL Eastern Division Champs

Lets make America Great Again. Trump 2016

#42 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,127 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 11:03 AM

You are such an idiot.
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#43 doox

doox

Hip-deep in Shallow Tenacity

• Members
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 12:13 PM

I dunno - I think it's cute when parents let their toddlers bang away on the keyboard.

QUOTE (serge @ Friday, May 15th, 2009, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This isnt a troll post, or something to upset the masses ...however:

If the Penguins win the Stanley Cup, I will stop watching hockey for a full year.

This is a 100% true story.

#44 fleung22

fleung22

PokerStars Global Events Rep (PokerStars Macau)

• Members
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 12:26 PM

View Postserge, on Saturday, January 27th, 2007, 8:10 AM, said:

Why dont all the Pens fans get together(total of 369 of you) and admit that you are jealous of a real franchise...You cant even keep a team in your city..Why dont you come to Toronto and see what a real team looks like...SO YOU HAVE COSBY, MAKLINA, STEALER, FLARRY...Who cares...your team is not a real team and wont be in Pittsburgh much longer..Live with it..The leafs are a real franchise and the Pens are a MICKEY MOUSE team that cant even keep their team in the city..JEALOUSY WONT GET YOU MUCH
:club: silence is goldwhat's gotten into you today dude?

#45 Vertigo

Vertigo

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 803 posts
  • Interests:Poker

Posted 27 January 2007 - 02:54 PM

View Postfleung22, on Saturday, January 27th, 2007, 7:48 AM, said:

Mr. Vertigo, If you follow the path of my responses they are retorts to your previous statements which are untrue and/or insinuate much worst results. For example you said "when was the last time the Leafs made the playoffs?" which implies that it's been a long time since they made the post season. I countered by letting you know that they have made the playoffs in 6 of the last 7 seasons. In fact, they have made it to the 2nd round more than a "couple" times during that run as well. They made the 2nd round in 5 of those 6 playoffs and reached the conference finals twice (that's the one before the Stanley Cup finals). Therefore, by "sucked for a long time" you are saying that being better than half the league over that same time span "sucks". I think they at LEAST deserve an "average" rating if not better. Add up those post season wins and show me how many teams have done better in that same time span. Oh wait, you don't use research...that must interfere with your sheer blind anger writing. My apologizes.BTW Fans of the Leafs indeed celebrate every playoff win and progression each round. Whether they "should" celebrate is up to the individual's excitement and interest. I know...it's so ghey to see your sports team win and be happy. What freaks.
Ok I apologize if I don't thoroughly research a team that hasn't done anything useful for decades and that I truely detest. You can pull out all the stats, that is fine. I wish you wouldn't assume I know nothing about hockey. Maybe you should leave those accusations for Serge. In case you couldn't tell, my original posts were full of SARCASM and generalized. I like to make fun of the Leafs, ok? I know they have made the playoffs. I know they have won a few rounds. But they haven't made it to the finals or won (in a looooooooong time). And when it comes down to it, that is what matters. Other teams with less resources, fan support, etc. have managed to do a lot more than the Leafs have lately. That's all I was trying to get it. You seem to have a personal vendetta with me. I just don't like the Leafs. Big deal, you don't have to try to insult my intelligence by pulling random stats out of your ***. We can just hate the teams we wanna hate and talk hockey, ok? Everyone dumbs down the Wings on here all the time. I know they aren't the powerhouse they once were, but they still pwn the Leafs and are still a longshot contender. And you are right. Every fan has the right to celebrate their team's victories, no matter how insignificant they may be. P.S. It's my apologies. :club:
In the poker game of life, women are the rake...the f***ing rake!

#46 fryer98

fryer98

You missed....the EARTH!

• Members
  • 21,711 posts
  • Interests:playing/coaching ice hockey, BARS, this, that, WHAT?
  • Favorite Poker Game:Beeeeeeeeeerains!

Posted 27 January 2007 - 03:49 PM

View Postserge, on Saturday, January 27th, 2007, 11:10 AM, said:

I'm an idiot.
btw, if you're a REAL team...were you REAL embarrassed of the beating we gave you last Saturday?And yes, I wish the Pens were treated like the Leafs here, but this is a football team. Leafs:Toronto::Steelers:PittsburghThat's just how it is.

#47 fryer98

fryer98

You missed....the EARTH!

• Members
  • 21,711 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:08 AM

That boy's goooood!

#48 fleung22

fleung22

PokerStars Global Events Rep (PokerStars Macau)

• Members
  • 7,006 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 12:24 PM

View PostVertigo, on Saturday, January 27th, 2007, 2:54 PM, said:

Ok I apologize if I don't thoroughly research a team that hasn't done anything useful for decades and that I truely detest. You can pull out all the stats, that is fine. I wish you wouldn't assume I know nothing about hockey. Maybe you should leave those accusations for Serge. In case you couldn't tell, my original posts were full of SARCASM and generalized. I like to make fun of the Leafs, ok? I know they have made the playoffs. I know they have won a few rounds. But they haven't made it to the finals or won (in a looooooooong time). And when it comes down to it, that is what matters. Other teams with less resources, fan support, etc. have managed to do a lot more than the Leafs have lately. That's all I was trying to get it. You seem to have a personal vendetta with me. I just don't like the Leafs. Big deal, you don't have to try to insult my intelligence by pulling random stats out of your ***. We can just hate the teams we wanna hate and talk hockey, ok? Everyone dumbs down the Wings on here all the time. I know they aren't the powerhouse they once were, but they still pwn the Leafs and are still a longshot contender. And you are right. Every fan has the right to celebrate their team's victories, no matter how insignificant they may be. P.S. It's my apologies. :club:
See, that's the irony of all this. I'm not even a Leafs fan but I am a stats freak so it bothers me to see incorrect facts.Huggles? :PLeafs suck!

#49 fryer98

fryer98

You missed....the EARTH!

• Members
  • 21,711 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 11:35 AM

I feel the need to throw this out there. On pace for 39-40 right now...and on fire right now! :club:

View Postfryer98, on Monday, October 2nd, 2006, 6:06 PM, said:

And when are you gonna be in Pittsburgh? :D

View Postgruven, on Monday, October 2nd, 2006, 8:43 PM, said:

I promise I'll be there for their 40th win this season..... :D Actually, you should have fun this season... they may not be good, but they should be fun to watch!

#50 Vertigo

Vertigo

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 803 posts
  • Interests:Poker

Posted 30 January 2007 - 12:06 PM

View Postfleung22, on Monday, January 29th, 2007, 1:24 PM, said:

See, that's the irony of all this. I'm not even a Leafs fan but I am a stats freak so it bothers me to see incorrect facts.Huggles? :PLeafs suck!
I know what you mean. Although I didn't really make up any wrong facts, just absurd generalizations! :club:
In the poker game of life, women are the rake...the f***ing rake!

#51 Reelishymn

Reelishymn

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, music, film, poker.

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:27 PM

What a freakin' game tonight vs. the Habs!!!Kovalev in the shootout, wow....
Cheers

#52 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,127 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 08:54 PM

View PostReelishymn, on Thursday, February 1st, 2007, 10:27 PM, said:

What a freakin' game tonight vs. the Habs!!!Christensen and Malkin in the shootout, wow....
FYP (as much as I love Kovy's skillz)Btw...Erik Christensen. You don't hear anything about him due to the Crosby, Malkin, Staal, etc hype, but this kid has amazing hands. He could easily be a top line winger at some point down the road. This team is ****ing unreal.
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#53 Reelishymn

Reelishymn

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, music, film, poker.

Posted 01 February 2007 - 09:03 PM

What's FYP? Eff You Pal?
Cheers

#54 nell789

nell789

2006 FCHL Regular Season Champion

• Members
  • 3,112 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:45 PM

View PostZach6668, on Thursday, February 1st, 2007, 10:54 PM, said:

FYP (as much as I love Kovy's skillz)Btw...Erik Christensen. You don't hear anything about him due to the Crosby, Malkin, Staal, etc hype, but this kid has amazing hands. He could easily be a top line winger at some point down the road. This team is ****ing unreal.
Yeah man, I have him in the FCHL. Hopefully he slides into Recchi's role when he retires. Only problem is that all of the burgh's best young all play centre!

View PostReelishymn, on Thursday, February 1st, 2007, 11:03 PM, said:

What's FYP? Eff You Pal?
Fixed Your Post

#55 doox

doox

• Members
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:14 PM

Not all of them play center... at least at the moment. Staal now plays on the wing and actually enjoys being there, so that helps.

If the Penguins win the Stanley Cup, I will stop watching hockey for a full year.

#56 nell789

nell789

2006 FCHL Regular Season Champion

• Members
  • 3,112 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:21 PM

View Postdoox, on Friday, February 2nd, 2007, 1:14 AM, said:

Not all of them play center... at least at the moment. Staal now plays on the wing and actually enjoys being there, so that helps.
well yeah, but he's a natural centre.

#57 fryer98

fryer98

You missed....the EARTH!

• Members
  • 21,711 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:27 AM

View Postnell789, on Friday, February 2nd, 2007, 2:21 AM, said:

well yeah, but he's a natural centre.
I think that 1 of them had to make the switch to wing. I can't see the 3 of them being centers in the years to come. At first, I thought it was going to be Malkin on the wing, to play with Crosby, but that didn't late long. In the end, I can see Staal being a 1st or 2nd line winger, as it is now.

#58 gruven

gruven

The Poker Show on Sportsnet Radio Fan590

• Members
  • 10,569 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:31 AM

View Postfryer98, on Tuesday, January 30th, 2007, 11:35 AM, said:

I feel the need to throw this out there. On pace for 39-40 right now...and on fire right now! :club:
I'll be in the press box on the 10th when they're in toronto. But I don't think they're going to get to 40 by then. Actually, they do have a realistic shot, more so now that they seem to be WINNING crucial games instead of losing them (See: PITT @ MON last night for reference!!) Should be interesting...
The Rick Tocchet Experience
Proud Member Since October 2008

Owner and GM AHL Steelheads
2015-16 AHL President's Trophy Winner
2015-16 AHL Champions

#59 fryer98

fryer98

You missed....the EARTH!

• Members
  • 21,711 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 05:49 PM

Scored 2 straight to make it 2-1 1/2 way through the 2nd....wOOt.

#60 doox

doox

• Members
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 06:00 PM

Fleury just made a save with his throat :club:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users